Is bill Burger aka bbu97159656tcy a good seller?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Ive bought quite a few things from him. No issues here. The only thing I had go bad was my naomi 2, all all that needed was the BGA to be reballed. quick shipping and all the BINs I offer on get accepted with $10-15. more then likely cause I ship locally (like 30 mins)

I honestly never knew that ebay name was him. That was probably what got me getting the working things.

How did you reball your BGA?

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
Not I, it was sent off to ken at irepairsega. I'm just going off what I remember being told the problem was.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Bought one board from him from ebay but I didn't know it was Bill Burger as Klov is filled with complains about him ..
Gunforce and it arrived with sprite issues, lesson learned !

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I've bought a half dozen carts off of Bill Burger and had no issues, though I will say the presentation of his products cause me to always think twice before ordering.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I bought a ton of MVS stuff from him back in the day. I'm kinda shocked with all the MVS stuff he's sold over the years, he's never joined this site. (that I'm aware of)

Jon

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've purchased a lot of stuff from Bill and everything has worked. But he is an asshole in terms of communication and I can't stand when he packs the shit in shredded paper. Ends up getting into MVS carts so of course they need to be opened up and cleaned. If he ever gets good stuff again I'd likely continue to buy from him.

aleios

n00b
Was about to get Fatal Fury Special from him before I searched his username here. He sounds very hit or miss unfortunately :( I hate ebay...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've ordered from him a few times and he shipped fast and stuff always arrived in great working condition.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I've ordered from him a few times and he shipped fast and stuff always arrived in great working condition.

That's the thing with Bill.....you may have a good deal with him, but wait until there is one tiny problem and it turns into a fucking fiasco.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I've ordered from him multiple times this year. The prices aren't so bad for ebay prices, and I half expected the carts to arrive very filthy or something, but they didn't at all. Once, I ordered a cart that had a mini marquee in the auction pic, and it did not arrive with the cart. I messaged him and he sent it to me promptly, with assorted other ones in the envelope as a nice surprise. So, I would definitely say he is a good seller in my experience.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
That's the thing with Bill.....you may have a good deal with him, but wait until there is one tiny problem and it turns into a fucking fiasco.

This^ Theres some horror stories about him out there. I've ordered stuff from him multiple times and in my experience he has gotten better over the years. First time I got MVS and CPS2 carts that had dead roaches in them. Last time I ordered from him, about a month ago, everything was smooth, clean, and insect free.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I use to buy from him all the time and get great buys on rare stuff. Then he went from selling 150 items to selling 20,000 items and I stopped digging through 100 pages on manuals and crap. I had one deal where he shipped me the wrong item. I sent it back to him and luckily so did the guy who got my stuff. It all ended up working out and his customer service wasn't that bad, but I remember hearing other people's stories and aying "Oh shit, here we go" thinking it was my turn to get crapped on. Turned out fine. I would definitely buy from him again without hesitation.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
I bought from him once....two boards. and I've had a 50% success rate. It's a gamble because you CAN find good prices...but the pics are not of the item.

One board I got was really clean....the other....completely fucked. Looks like it was underwater with battery corrosion as well....which is causing GFX issues. I don't even think its fixable.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
yea well that's how he does, let a few clean boards slide & randomly unload dusty broken shit boards

I'd estimate one pos PCB for every two Functional ones In his warehouse

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
One board I got was really clean....the other....completely fucked. Looks like it was underwater with battery corrosion as well....which is causing GFX issues. I don't even think its fixable.

Was it a CPS2, more specific an AVP?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I just got three MVS carts from the guy: andro dunos, burning fight and sengoku. These are the results:

- Andro dunos is fine, decent condition, never opened (original unripped label and the plated sticker with the serial intact. Cart works fine.
- Burning fight he sold it to me as not working. In fact, it did not work when it arrived. I opened and noticed the cha board was backwards and a cable was loose on the prog board. Soldered the cable, turned over the cha board, cart works perfectly.
- Sengoku works, but the sound goes after some time. Not sure if the problem is the cart or my AES (I have this same issue with my Metal Slug 4 cart).

To summarize: completely hit or miss with this seller.

regards.