Castlevania-The Dracula X Chronicles Thread of Ass-Whippage

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
FairlanePhantom said:
Not that it isn't German, but it's different from the original.
Can anyone tell me if the second intro (the one that started at 2:10 in the youtube link) has been remade for the remake as well?
It's one of my all-time fave intros.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Best Buy no have, and Gamestop only had copies to fill pre-orders. I will have to expand the area of my search tomorrow.

I don't think any Best Buy is gonna carry it cause it doesn't even show up on their website which is odd sicne they do carry the DS games:spock: , I did find me a copy at game crazy though.

It's gonna be a fun weekend

Last edited:

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
rarehero said:
i went to ebs since i was getting new tires.
i started talking to the guy about the psp casltevania.
i was like.
does it come with anything special?
yea, it comes with a 7bit figure.
and he hands me a fugly painted plastic figure. poorly painted to look like some
psuedo 2d figure.
i say,
dude. you mean 8 bit.
no. 7bit. it's a 7bit figure, you know from the nes version.
well, the nintendo was 8 bit guy.
o, yea, i meant 8 bit.
he said something about 3 castlevania games being in there, that you got
to play sotn and then play as richter and then you unlock rondo of the blood
that never came out in the states.
and i told him yea, it's a good game, i have it on pc engine.
i tried not to give him a hard time because he really was a nice guy.
but man, these guys.
i ended up buying some dvds.
:roll eyes:

Totally know what you mean when having to deal with these employees at Gamestop Corp. :rolleyes: It's almost like you have to bring yourself down a level just to hold a decent conversation with these guys. You don't want to make it seem like you're a know-it-all too. Oh... Gamestop.

Anyway, finally got my hands on my pre-ordered copy along with the 8-bit figure bonus(it's decent). Tried out the opening for a few minutes before i had to go to the supermarket for some supplies. I actually like the 2.5D graphics better in this compared to Ultimate G&nG. The redone soundtrack sounds pretty good so far too. I'll put in a good hour or two before i go to bed tonight. Whole lot of PSP gaming ahead. Yay!!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
BIG said:
this is, by far, the best deal to be had in a longtime.

Absolutely. Yeah, you can really pick it apart with minor technical issues, but the fact that I'm playing one of the finest 2D masterpieces of all time (SOTN) with Japanese voices and an all-new English translation is fucking amazing (on a portable, no less!). Even these little issues never actually detract from the playability, they're nowhere near as noticeable as the GBA SNES FF ports. The "new" game is really sweet as well, playing it on the actual unit does it justice that the vids never did.

I haven't unlocked OG Rondo yet, it's a shame that old Richter cinema is gone, but this still is one hell of a deal.

Big props to Konami, since as of late they really have done a lot as far as CV and especially in terms of respecting their fans' wishes for having the original JP voice work.

Man, I would be all over another PSP CV Chronicles edition with a remade CVIII, maybe sporting the X68000 remake and Bloodlines next time. Hells yeah!

Between this and the Salamander collection I just picked up, I'm getting to play some really excellent forgotten shit. Xexex=too good.

ray_7

I'm liking Chronicles ALOT!!!

Can't stop playing it... must say I *might* like it more than the OG Rondo! :eek:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Loopz said:
Absolutely. Yeah, you can really pick it apart with minor technical issues, but the fact that I'm playing one of the finest 2D masterpieces of all time (SOTN) with Japanese voices and an all-new English translation is fucking amazing (on a portable, no less!). Even these little issues never actually detract from the playability, they're nowhere near as noticeable as the GBA SNES FF ports. The "new" game is really sweet as well, playing it on the actual unit does it justice that the vids never did.

I haven't unlocked OG Rondo yet, it's a shame that old Richter cinema is gone, but this still is one hell of a deal.

Big props to Konami, since as of late they really have done a lot as far as CV and especially in terms of respecting their fans' wishes for having the original JP voice work.

Man, I would be all over another PSP CV Chronicles edition with a remade CVIII, maybe sporting the X68000 remake and Bloodlines next time. Hells yeah!

Between this and the Salamander collection I just picked up, I'm getting to play some really excellent forgotten shit. Xexex=too good.

The original intro cinema is there in its' entirety. I'm not sure why people think it's not.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
It sucks they did not remake the second intro (first = dracula resurection, second = richard's intro) but it is in the unlockable rondo of blood.

Even tho there might be a few emulation glitches in the two classic games, the main game it self is well worth the $30 alone. So just the fact the two classics are also here is nothing but pure gravy.

Everybody MUST buy this game for the psp. Anybody who pirates it (I'll accept early downloads while waiting to pick up in stores) deserves a swift kick in the balls. This game needs to sell!!!

ray_7 said:
Oh well can't beat the original... this one has a "filtered" look to it.

Off topic, is there any pce emu that can play Rondo perfectly now?

You playing with classic games scaled to full screen?

If it's in original res there is not filtering. The filtering is only applied when a texture is scaled (in this case when the final display output from the game is scaled to the full vertical res).

Its the same even if you play via a PCE homebrew emu on the psp.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Jedah Doma said:
The original intro cinema is there in its' entirety. I'm not sure why people think it's not.
Dude, there's ANOTHER cinema in the original that shows Richter when he rides into town on the horsecart busting skulls. Not talking about the whole priest and freaks killing the girl to resurrect Dracula. Just try not being a stubborn douche for like 5 milliseconds and listen to others here.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Loopz said:
Dude, there's ANOTHER cinema in the original that shows Richter when he rides into town on the horsecart busting skulls. Not talking about the whole priest and freaks killing the girl to resurrect Dracula. Just try not being a stubborn douche for like 5 milliseconds and listen to others here.

Yes, I know the one you speak of, and it's in the original game Rondo of Blood on the disc. I watched it with my own eyes. Any reason in particular you're riding my nuts extra hard today? Had a little run on with the law? Maybe some lady troubles? Couldn't find your favorite watch this morning? Missed out on that episode of Gilmore Girls yesterday?

Let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on.

ray_7

subbie said:
It sucks they did not remake the second intro (first = dracula resurection, second = richard's intro) but it is in the unlockable rondo of blood.

Even tho there might be a few emulation glitches in the two classic games, the main game it self is well worth the $30 alone. So just the fact the two classics are also here is nothing but pure gravy.

Everybody MUST buy this game for the psp. Anybody who pirates it (I'll accept early downloads while waiting to pick up in stores) deserves a swift kick in the balls. This game needs to sell!!!

You playing with classic games scaled to full screen?

If it's in original res there is not filtering. The filtering is only applied when a texture is scaled (in this case when the final display output from the game is scaled to the full vertical res).

Its the same even if you play via a PCE homebrew emu on the psp.

Nope not full screen.

When I played it in emu I feel the graphic is crisper, color is more vibrant, true to every pixel. The one in Chronicles IMO has washed up colors...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Jedah Doma said:
Yes, I know the one you speak of, and it's in the original game Rondo of Blood on the disc. I watched it with my own eyes. Any reason in particular you're riding my nuts extra hard today? Had a little run on with the law? Maybe some lady troubles? Couldn't find your favorite watch this morning? Missed out on that episode of Gilmore Girls yesterday?

Let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on.

:rolleyes:
*yawn*

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Having a blast with this. Though, I suck at it now... :crying:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Loopz said:

It's funny how people will hang from your nuts, but when you call them on it, they pretend they don't care and then to try and act nonchalant.

Great job disproving the complete intro was not in the game.:lolz:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
The apparent difficulty in unlocking SOTN prevented me from pursuing this purchase immediately.

Has anyone unlocked it, am I just in my cheapness?

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
shirt said:
The apparent difficulty in unlocking SOTN prevented me from pursuing this purchase immediately.

There are saves with both SOTN & Rondo of Blood unlocked.

Yet truthfuly they were not that hard to unlock in the first place. So you're just being lazy. :p

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
shirt said:

I've unlocked both games and it wasn't so hard. Original Rondo has all the intro cinemas intact. Priest dudes and Bustin Skulls.

For those of you having difficulty and like pretty pictures instead of words to help you find the goodies, check this site out.
http://www.persona-world.net/cve/dxcunlockables.html

Im around 32% complete but with the original games unlocked, I may stay at 32% for a little while.:cool:

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Jedah Doma said:
It's funny how people will hang from your nuts, but when you call them on it, they pretend they don't care and then to try and act nonchalant.

From what you had posted, citing just the opening ending, it sounded like you were missing the boat. I haven't even unlocked it, being buried in schoolwork I'd only just had time to get to SOTN. So while I hadn't checked, given the disparity between what you had posted and what others had, it sounded like you weren't talking about the same thing.

The funnier phenomenon here is the way you flip out and instantly resort to insults the moment someone disagrees with you on just about anything. You do that shit in just about every thread you post in.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Jedah Doma said:
I think the point was that the "missing" intro was not remade, and no equivalent appears in the 2.5D remake.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:

no; please tell me there is something totally off and horrible about the port, because i have the original on PCE, and i dont want dirty psp owners playing it because im a prick. [i guess i'm still picking it up though]

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
jeds you twat I was asking if that part of the intro was in the remake, not the original. of course it would be in the original.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
subbie said:
There are saves with both SOTN & Rondo of Blood unlocked.

Yet truthfuly they were not that hard to unlock in the first place. So you're just being lazy. :p

Nice. Well Gamestop was still just filling pre orders, so who knows when I'll score a copy. Still balls deep in FFT too. :multi_co:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Loopz said:
From what you had posted, citing just the opening ending, it sounded like you were missing the boat. I haven't even unlocked it, being buried in schoolwork I'd only just had time to get to SOTN. So while I hadn't checked, given the disparity between what you had posted and what others had, it sounded like you weren't talking about the same thing.

The funnier phenomenon here is the way you flip out and instantly resort to insults the moment someone disagrees with you on just about anything. You do that shit in just about every thread you post in.

I guess we just had a miscommunication. And as I recall, you're the one who chimed in by quoting me and the proceeding to call me a douche.

Loopz said:
Just try not being a stubborn douche for like 5 milliseconds.

So let's not split hairs. You called me names and I call you names as well, no biggie. Besides that, it's just the same internet BS this board was founded on so don't take it seriously as I honestly have nothing against you. Add to that fact we're both playing Rondo of Blood on a PSP so life is good.:D

BIG

sony fanboy
i'm beginning to like this remake more than i do the original rondo, myself......

:emb: