KOF 98 Amazing Player Dakou

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Seeing this video was awesome, but it also got me asking a question that's been killing me for years... I've never played O.Yashiro, nor has anyone that's played against me used him. How is he so badass? Any tips/strats?
I'm probably the best O. Yashiro I've seen, one hell of a brag but it's true :make_fac:

Follow LWK's advice, and I'd also add that his hcf A/C throw is probably the move with the most priority in the game. It will beat out anything if you use it correctly. And the mechanic of it also allows for some incredibly cheesy mind games.

Example: you knock down your opponent in whatever way, doesn't matter. Time the hcf A/C so that it comes out exactly as your opponent is standing up. The only way the move will not hit is if your opponent simply does not perform any action. And what do people do when they're getting up? Most likely they try to do some sort of DP move or they just block right? Well, even if they're holding back to block, that triggers the ability for the HCF A/C to connect right away, since they'll be moving backwards for a split second.

Some other shit you can do is, after the HCF A/C throw, jump and perform a D kick in mid air, that will make you and your opponent fall at the same time. Then time it so as you both land you hit him right away with a C, Fwd A. hcb F A/C, they can block that one, but you'd be surprised how often people don't block it. Yashiro's close C has some pretty decent priority too. Or you could simply perform another hcf A/C as you both land, if your opponent performs any action it will connect, see what I'm getting at here? It's all about the mind games.

And last but not least, you can time his qcf x 2 A/C SDM to hit as soon as your opponent is getting up from the hcf A/C throw, if you time it perfectly your opponent will get hit guaranteed unless they pull off a move like Iori's maiden masher for example (since a move like that has startup invincibility). Since his qcf x 2 A/C SDM is unblockable when fully charged, it will theoretically hit max charge and auto release itself as your opponent is standing up provided you timed the SDM correctly (you should do it a split second before your opponent comes crashing down back again into the screen), leaving them no option but to get hit for an incredibly chunk of their life.

The thing is however, that you need to practice a lot of different mind tricks and mix them up so as to not allow your opponent to predict what you're going to do. Mixing it up is the key to O. Yashiro.

I could record myself and put it up on youtube if you want, if you're having trouble understanding me.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Arthas said:
I'm probably the best O. Yashiro I've seen, one hell of a brag but it's true :make_fac:

Follow LWK's advice, and I'd also add that his hcf A/C throw is probably the move with the most priority in the game. It will beat out anything if you use it correctly. And the mechanic of it also allows for some incredibly cheesy mind games.

Example: you knock down your opponent in whatever way, doesn't matter. Time the hcf A/C so that it comes out exactly as your opponent is standing up. The only way the move will not hit is if your opponent simply does not perform any action. And what do people do when they're getting up? Most likely they try to do some sort of DP move or they just block right? Well, even if they're holding back to block, that triggers the ability for the HCF A/C to connect right away, since they'll be moving backwards for a split second.

Some other shit you can do is, after the HCF A/C throw, jump and perform a D kick in mid air, that will make you and your opponent fall at the same time. Then time it so as you both land you hit him right away with a C, Fwd A. hcb F A/C, they can block that one, but you'd be surprised how often people don't block it. Yashiro's close C has some pretty decent priority too. Or you could simply perform another hcf A/C as you both land, if your opponent performs any action it will connect, see what I'm getting at here? It's all about the mind games.

And last but not least, you can time his qcf x 2 A/C SDM to hit as soon as your opponent is getting up from the hcf A/C throw, if you time it perfectly your opponent will get hit guaranteed unless they pull off a move like Iori's maiden masher for example (since a move like that has startup invincibility). Since his qcf x 2 A/C SDM is unblockable when fully charged, it will theoretically hit max charge and auto release itself as your opponent is standing up provided you timed the SDM correctly (you should do it a split second before your opponent comes crashing down back again into the screen), leaving them no option but to get hit for an incredibly chunk of their life.

The thing is however, that you need to practice a lot of different mind tricks and mix them up so as to not allow your opponent to predict what you're going to do. Mixing it up is the key to O. Yashiro.

I could record myself and put it up on youtube if you want, if you're having trouble understanding me.

Oh god, to true, I once saw the hcfA outbeat joe's dpK, when he had frames OFF THE GROUND. That shit is to good.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Good vid.

That's exactly how I play my Kyo but I'm not sure that I would demonstrate such responsiveness under pressure.

But yeah, Kyo=Pressure Monster.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Arthas said:
I wouldn't mind seeing yet another sick vid regardless, so feel free to post it up and let us know...
icon14.gif

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Seriously, we need more community contribution with vids. I got some third strike vids my friend wants to upload, some of which are older. Anything is welcome, even if its not god tier in level, its always cool to see how people can be unique through these games.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Alright, it's settled then, I'll make an O. Yashiro video tutorial whenever I get the chance

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
He's doing jabs into Specials, knows what juggles how. These are nice mid-level Special combos. He's strong, but this guy he fought sucked. Nice running :C: and:D: to try and mount some offense :lolz:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
#28 said:
He's doing jabs into Specials, knows what juggles how. These are nice mid-level Special combos. He's strong, but this guy he fought sucked. Nice running :C: and:D: to try and mount some offense :lolz:

Dude, wtf? DLR does not suck!

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice video. I now know that I have a long way to go in order to be as good as these players! :)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Also keep in mind that China is undisputed country of KOF 98 champs. The china vs japan vids proved it as best they could. Xiaohai is truly mentally ill with this game.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Also keep in mind that China is undisputed country of KOF 98 champs. The china vs japan vids proved it as best they could. Xiaohai is truly mentally ill with this game.

I'd imagine so with all of those 98 bootlegs they keep making

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Checking out the XiaoHai vids on YouTube now and am very impressed. Just wish the crowd didn't need to cheer "hey" for every single hit. :annoyed: Reminds me of some Third Strike tourney vids.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Dakou is on GGPO right now, playing under the name "yessterday" :eek:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hey dudes, I got a bunch of matches coming up soon, I need to video edit them and get em set up. More unworthy comp, but it will give you some idea of how Urien works vs other characters, and it will show you what to watch out for when adapting to someones game. IE; the crouch attack syndrome and the 'beat'

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Seriously, we need more community contribution with vids.

Nah !

all we need is more GGPO activity !!

Get on there people !