I wanna make neo-geo games.

Neoray

New Challenger
whats good people, so does anyone know where I can find/get the software to make a neo-geo game?

there must be some software out there that can produce the same graphics, sound, and control style to make a neo game.

has anyone tried it before and succeeded?

why I wanna make a neo game, simple, cause there ain't nomore games coming out for that system and I sure miss playing games on neo-geo including new ones.

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

kirax7

Cheng's Errand Boy

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
If you ask around im sure someone has a copy of the NeoGeo Development manual. It has lots of good information in it. You are also going to want a flash cart so you can put your games on it to test.

I thinl Neo Games were developwd using x86 assembly language. So you better brush up on that. Maybe if your lucky a morr modern language can be used, although im not the one to answer that.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
“there must be some software out there that can produce the same graphics, sound, and control style to make a neo game.”

I laughed. This is the greatest necropost about dev ever.

BTW, Angels Egg rules. Your sig may be taking it a bit far though...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If you ask around im sure someone has a copy of the NeoGeo Development manual. It has lots of good information in it. You are also going to want a flash cart so you can put your games on it to test.

I thinl Neo Games were developwd using x86 assembly language. So you better brush up on that. Maybe if your lucky a morr modern language can be used, although im not the one to answer that.

The Neo Geo has two CPUs, neither one is an x86 processor. The main CPU for general game logic and managing the rest of the system is a 68000. The other CPU used for driving the YM2610 sound chip is a Z80. You'll need to know ASM for both the 68000 and Z80.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
GCC has support for Motorola 68000 so you can code the game portion of the uh... game, in C. I think someone (Kurtz?) had a pre-built "dev environment" that's floating around online.

edit: goddamit neo_mike_81 why did you have to bump a 2007 thread you dumbass

geladobom

War Room Troll
A Nother great game i have for playstation and belongs to net yaroze it deserves to be ported to neogeo.
I had a lot of Hours playing years ago.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Make a BAD DUDES vs DRAGON NINJA port with huge characters like on the original Art Of Fighting / Fatal Fury games. :ninja:(y)

geladobom

War Room Troll
One More! Watch the video.