SHOCKboxes are IN!

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hello everyone,

I appreciate the kind words from everyone when dub announced our partnership on Southtown. I actually stopped collecting Neo when I got tired of lusting after KOF '98 because it was unaffordable to most, and found my way back to the scene just a few years ago. Like many of you, I found Southtown through Neo-Geo.com and placed a few orders myself, and dub and I later became friends.

Now, Southtown has openend it's website again. There are no changes, and as of today, in stock items are available and inserts as always are available for download. Inserts, T-Shirts, and AES protectors are in stock. Our priority was getting the store open to make the archive of shockbox art available to everyone, so we felt that was more important than making some of the planned changes.

Around the end of the month, BigBear's shockboxes will be in stock. Razoola's UniBios 2.3 will be available for purchase in the coming days. A few non-Neo related items are planned to be added to the store (some of which are aimed at other classic collectors, hopefully teaching them about the Neo games!), some Atomiswave accessories are planned (such as a Stereo harness, and one other surprise accessory), Naomi parts, and several other items are coming to the store. ideally, non-US customers should be able to get a proper shipping amount, because we want to speed the order process and checkout for all customers.

We have most of what we need to make a few consolized systems available through the store. However, we have a shortage of controllers, so if you have joysticks or pads and have an interest in obtaining some Southtown goodies, please let us know. We can arrange a trade for merchandise or purchase them. Consolized systems will not be built to request or specific configurations. They will be made available as the parts happen upon us, and each configuration will be unique, so keep an eye out!

We're always available to answer your questions and assist with your Neo (and now other) collecting needs! The main contact for the store is now southtown@mac.com, and that has been posted on the site as well.

Here's looking forward to my new relationship with southtown and serving the community with an archive of the inserts, quality printing services, and many more products we hope you'll enjoy over the coming months.

-Dan
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Placed a t-shirt order to get you guys started.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Brilliant :D

I expect to have an order in sometime in the next couple weeks.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I'll be buying some more inserts soon. Are you guys going to be getting more MotW's Red T-shirts in soon?

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
are you guys gonna bring candycabinetcity back as well??

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Sundance said:
I'll be buying some more inserts soon. Are you guys going to be getting more MotW's Red T-shirts in soon?

Yeah, I'd be interested in those as well.

gleason

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm definitely going to several shock boxes once they are in stock. :)

danUK

New Challenger
awesome news, i want to get a big order of shockboxes in a few months

good news for the community

:)

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Sundance said:
Seriously, I'd buy a second one of those. And a Neo Geo logo shirt, if they were to become available in medium again.

I also plan to make an order once shock boxes are available again.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
Sweet! Glad to see you guys are back on your feet and still going on with the site. I have a bunch of MVS carts comming in that will need shockbox's and inserts so I will be placing an order for shockbos's and inserts once you have them in. :)

Neocloud

Zero's Secretary
Nice NeoGeo T-Shirt, but it would be great if you ad some Medium size, not all NeoGeo fan wear "XXL" :P

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
sweet I know where to go next paycheck for a shirt

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
are you guys gonna be getting more shirts? or at least more sizes?

peace, and glad to hear you guys are back!!!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great website, ordered several inserts and I too would definitely be interested in seeing candycabinetcity.

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Good news -- the original maker of the shirts, including the Garou Red tees, has been chatting with me and we are in the process of working out timing to restock *all* of the shirts, in all sizes, and keep them available! I appreciate all the interest on this and we will announce here when they are available.

Shocks are coming, and I'll let everyone know when we have them as well...

-Dan

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Shock Boxes

I will most definitely be putting in an order for shock boxes once they are available again.

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Southtown-Homebrew is now offering CPS2 battery swaps! We install a battery holder so you can self-maintain your batteries without every paying for another swap, and even include a free T-20 Security bit so you can change your battery at whatever intervals you wish.

http://southtown-homebrew.com/index.php?cPath=199

More to come! (Shockboxes still arriving soon!)

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Why no Medium size for the shirts? Or at least Large?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
i just recieved a new batch of inserts in the mail; i must say that the quality is even better than on your old equipment, hands down. nice work, and thanks for the included letter concerning the various paper stock you experimented with.

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ukyo said:
i just recieved a new batch of inserts in the mail; i must say that the quality is even better than on your old equipment, hands down. nice work, and thanks for the included letter concerning the various paper stock you experimented with.

Thank you for the posting -- we're pretty happy with what we're turning out and we're even more happy that you like it.

RED Garou shirts are the next to be restocked, in ALL sizes. Tehcno, your medium or largeness will be well satisfied with the selection we have coming.

Unibios 2.3 is in stock, as well! They just arrived.

-Dan

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Hi there STH staff!

First, it's nice to see you back on track! :)

Second, here is my need. I'm a collector of JPN AES only, and I still need a few JPN-style inserts for my converts. I have converts just for originally unreleased AES titles (see links in sign).

Namely, I need insert for Captain Tomaday, FlipShot, Musashi Ganryuuki, Bang Bead, Puzzle de Pon! R.

I surfed throught your site and I could not find anything that meets my needs, YET...

...I was just wondering...

I noticed many inserts on your website are re-worked one from another. Are those some kind of 'open source' piece of graphic? If so, and if possible, I was just thinking to go and try to edit myself some of them to create JPN style stub at least. Of course the JPN style insert I would create would also be donated to your site. After that, I would pay for a full service (printing, cutting, shipping to Italy) possible adding to my order some of your uber-cool goods (those t-shirts are lovely!).

Do you think that's possible?

G.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
danox574 said:
Thank you for the posting -- we're pretty happy with what we're turning out and we're even more happy that you like it.

RED Garou shirts are the next to be restocked, in ALL sizes. Tehcno, your medium or largeness will be well satisfied with the selection we have coming.

NICE. :buttrock:

Clessy

Banned
Does this mean if I actually upload inlays they will actually post for once?

I've been trying to upload my atomiswave inlays forever so I could order some damn prints of them and it never works worth shit.

Muzzle

n00b
I have a question.

If I order 10 inserts (for MVS shockboxes) and 3 shockboxes (because I already have 7 without inserts at home). And I order 10 times the insert cutting service.

Will all 10 inserts be cut on the right size to insert in my shockboxes if I order this way? Or do you have to order 10 inserts, 10 shockboxes and 10 times the insert cutting service for this to work?

Please answer my question so that I can order as soon as you have new shockboxes in stock. :-).

Oh and how much is shipping to The Netherlands?

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Shito:

The artwork used in virtually all of the inserts came from SNK official electronic art for the web, or scans from AES, MVS, marquees, flyers, etc. Screenshots sometimes come from MAME captures or similar. Each artist assembled their own art. We don't maintain the original photoshop, multi-layer documents, so in the PDF's we have, if part of the art is obscured by logos, we can't recover it for you. You can look at the creator of the artwork that you need parts of to make an AES insert, and if they're on this forum, they may be able to provide you the original layered photoshop document, and you can extract the art in whole from there that they originally used. Some original contributors are MIA.

Eric's away, but I'll ask him if any of his old archives contain original documents that may maintain art for any of those pieces and see what we might be able to do.

We can definitely print anything to whatever scale we need to fit the box and complete the visual impact of your collection, and I think your downloadable AES contributions for conversions will be very, very appreciated.

Galfordo:

Yes, no doubt nice. I'm adding one to my personal wardrobe as well, I can't wait...

Clessy:

The upload function has a size limit (about 10MB) and once we get them, there's a little process associated with the optimizing and putting them out for download and on the site. That process has not been paid enough attention to in recent months (part of the reason I'm here). We do have a Knights of Valour AW insert that originally came in during April that we found in the 'bin'. The process is manual, though, they won't go on the site until we process them and we're going to catch up and get faster at doing this.

I'm going to send you a PM this weekend. I will arrange for a place for you to send the files to right away, no matter what the size, and we'll get you some prints of the stuff for sure. I'll arrange it.

Muzzle:

Prints can be cut and shipped ready for insertion into a shock, so 10 prints, 3 shocks, and 10 cuts will result in your getting 3 prints already put in the three shocks, and 7 prints in a stiff, protected envelope, cut and ready to insert. When we cut, we cut to the edge of the artwork, so if the artwork is not official size, it may need very small adjustments, but if you stick with the 15.2x9.203 inserts from the site, they'll drop right in.

If you email southtown@mac.com we'll email you back as soon as the shocks arrive.

-