Hyper64+Supergun+X2vga2+Lcd

purple

Geese's Thug
Hi to everyone...i just ordered 2 ad chips and i will try to build neobitz s board using the diy manual on the neobitz website...my aim is building supergun and connect Hyper64 board to x2vga2 vga box and use my 19 inch lcd...according to to x2vga website,

The X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder by Neoya is designed to work with any gaming console or video device that has a standard component video output, such as the Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Wii, GameCube, Xbox 360, and Xbox, etc. With the X2VGA 2TM and a standard VGA monitor, users can play their favorite games at 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolutions - over double that of a standard TV! The X2VGA 2TM

so...if neobitz board has standart component out it should work right...according to neobitz website,

The Neobitz Video Board offers a variety of video connections for maximum compatibility with the TVs available today:

Component Video - The best analog connection available for TV sets here in the US.
- Component Video offers amazing color definition, comparable to true arcade monitors.
- Video is transmitted over three cables for excellent picture quality.
S-Video - Provides a very good picture for TVs that don't support Component Video.
- S-Video transmits the video signal over two wires for better picture quality.
Composite Video - General All-Purpose connection. At a minimum, most TVs have a composite connection.
- Video is transmitted over a single wire.
- Composite video is commonly designated as the yellow plug on a set of A/V cables.

has anyone here thinks it is possible? i want to build a supergun box with psu, neobitz and x2vga inside...thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The Neobitz-S doesnt have component only Composite and S-video, if you are going to be building your own S-video encoder you should build one using a Sony CXA1645 chip instead.

purple

Geese's Thug
hmmm...so i wont be able to build an encoder that gives me component output...either ad and sony chips are for s video or composite video...i dont know which one is better but jrok component only encoder seems very nice...i wonder if neobitz encoder is better? there isnt any info on neobitz site...

Do you guys know if those component encoders can out progressive or interlaced? i wonder what quality of video i will get when i connect that encoders to hyper64 board? x2vga that im using is be able to give me 480p, 480i, 720p, 1080i resolutions from the xbox depending on monitor im using...hyper64s resolution is 512 x 432 pixels, this is weird...if component encoders can give me progressive or interlaced...so what will be the resolution? 512p or 512i? :)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
purple said:
hmmm...so i wont be able to build an encoder that gives me component output...either ad and sony chips are for s video or composite video...i dont know which one is better but jrok component only encoder seems very nice...i wonder if neobitz encoder is better? there isnt any info on neobitz site...

Do you guys know if those component encoders can out progressive or interlaced? i wonder what quality of video i will get when i connect that encoders to hyper64 board? x2vga that im using is be able to give me 480p, 480i, 720p, 1080i resolutions from the xbox depending on monitor im using...hyper64s resolution is 512 x 432 pixels, this is weird...if component encoders can give me progressive or interlaced...so what will be the resolution? 512p or 512i? :)

With the Neobitz component, MVS outputs 480i. You would have to upscan it if you want 720p or 1080p.

You can build your own encoder but it takes a lot of patience. Segasonicfan built his own component board, it's in the tech section just search for it.

EDIT: Give your thread 24hrs before bumping it. They'll ban you for that.

purple

Geese's Thug
can you please axplain how can i upscan 480i? will i need an upscan converter? if so the setup will be Hyper64 > Neobitz > Upscan Converter > X2vga > Lcd

is there any other possiblity to get 480p or more resolution from an Hyper64?? like using another hardware??

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I looked at your chips PDF:
http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,765_798_AD724,00.html

for this chip you'll need this:
http://www.logicalsys.com/painfo-vpasp-vb.asp?adapter=pa-sod3sm18-16

Much easier to work with. Once the chip is in place, you won't have to worry about it. Just make sure its connected well on each pin. You should only have to order the NTSC Oscillator (Digi-Key part #535-9170-5-ND). All the other parts can be found at radio shack, but for the price of shipping you might as well order every thing from digi-key. The shipping will cost more than your parts. As for anything more than s-video output this chip does't have it. I made mine for s-video and composite. s-video is the way to go, it has a much better picture.

Anyway good luck!!

purple

Geese's Thug
thanks for the info...but i have a setup here that im using...i just want to add hyper64 to them..so i will be able to switch between xbox and hyper whenever i need using x2vga ...for this thing i need to have component out from hyper...i prefer to have component and svideo on the same board...if the x2vga thing is not possible so i will have a chance to use svideo...if you know good source to make component encoder i will be very happy if you share with us...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just build a supergun with component out. Make sure you use a big enough powersupply to accommodate the Hyper. Any further questions about building the supergun have already been answered many times in the Tech board.