Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
So, last week Rune Factory came out for the DS. It's basically Harvest Moon, but in a fantasy setting with fighting elements added to it. So far, I'd say it's an excellent title to pick up.

Harvest Moon is a series that isn't exactly known for it's level of violence. I remember playing Harvest Moon DS and getting shocked that there were evil creatures that you had to fight off in the mines. Well, Rune Factory expands on that idea, and with good success. As if farming and dating weren't enough to worry about, now you have hideous monsters trying to kill you as well!

The graphics are very pretty. Not so much the small 3D character models, but the beautifully detailed 2D environments and character portraits. It's a very pleasant art style that's easy to get into.

If you're even remotely into Harvest Moon, I think you'll love Rune Factory.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
IGN gave it a good score. Will have to check this one out.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Bumping this thread, solely because Rune Factor 4 is the absolute best game on 3DS.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Rune Factory games kick ass. Developed by Neverland, the same developers as the Lufia series (except the GBA game, which is a Gaiden)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've been playing Return to Popolocois A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale. Kinda similar by the same guy that did Harvest Moon.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I keep thinking of picking that one up but have instead gotten sucked into stardew valley.