Edit a wikipedia article about Robocop and post it.

aria

Former Moderator
DangerousK said:
I agree.

It's not funny or amusing to see people editing Wikipedia entries for shits and giggles.

This is what hurts Wikipedia tremendously, the fact that people do shit like this.

I don't really care if it is a page on Robocop or a page on Otto Von Bismarck, it's in poor taste no matter which way you cut it.

I did find it funny when Stephen Colbert single handedly caused all articles even remotely related to elephants to be protected...

It's quite impressive how quick stuff usually gets reverted now.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
That's because it's only what, 2 clicks to do?

I'd like to hack Wiki and have the system purge all previous edits of something.

EDIT: Hey, is the Elephants page unlocked yet?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I miss Paul Verhoeven.

Lets edit his wikipedia article.

picture13fc88.png

But seriously - I really fuckin miss this guy's violent satire. No one did it better.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
DangerousK said:
This is what hurts Wikipedia tremendously, the fact that people do shit like this.
Correction: Wikipedians who are being SERIOUS hurt Wikipedia the most.

With their stupid caste system, it dosen't matter if you're right AND you can back it up; if your edit history isn't up to snuff or if it's a pet page for one of the higher-ups, your edit is getting reverted no matter what.

The system is practicly DESIGNED to EXCLUDE anyone who genuinly knows what the fuck the're talking about.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Sometimes I think we should cut down on military spendings. Then I find threads like this and think there's not enough bullets.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Shit. They locked down the Robocop page. That was going to get a full re-vamp.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Is there a page for Ben Herman? Either make one or go molest it if it already exists.

aria

Former Moderator
NeoTheranthrope said:
Correction: Wikipedians who are being SERIOUS hurt Wikipedia the most.

With their stupid caste system, it dosen't matter if you're right AND you can back it up; if your edit history isn't up to snuff or if it's a pet page for one of the higher-ups, your edit is getting reverted no matter what.

The system is practicly DESIGNED to EXCLUDE anyone who genuinly knows what the fuck the're talking about.

Nah, only people who can't (or are too lazy to) cite their claims.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey Bobak, on the Art of Fighting page someone said AOF1 was the first game that Shinkiro was artist for. I'm pretty sure that honor belongs to Fatal Fury. I don't feel like editing it because someone might revert it.

Also, fun fact: I created the Alien Soldier page a long time ago with only 3 sentences and look how my baby's grown, bwahahaah

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who the mess is guarding an AOF page???????

Besides, if you want to be a higher up at wikipedia, you only need some "XXXX for Dummies" books.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
and oh thanks Rade it woulda been awesome if Verhoeven saw that

he'd think "Lonesage...he has inspired me to go on!!"

contrary to popular belief robocop was not inspired by the original 8Man however it did inspire 8Man After

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
NeoTheranthrope said:

I've given up on contributing to Wiki because everytime I edited something false, it is reverted back because I don't have an internet url source. Uh yeah, and the guy who wrote the obvious misinformation HAS a source with the lies?

Dumbest. Fucking. Reasoning. Ever.

Wiki is 50% lies, and 100% run by mindless fuckwits.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I've given up on contributing to Wiki because everytime I edited something false, it is reverted back because I don't have an internet url source. Uh yeah, and the guy who wrote the obvious misinformation HAS a source with the lies?

Dumbest. Fucking. Reasoning. Ever.

Wiki is 50% lies, and 100% run by mindless fuckwits.

While it's unfortunate that their is bullshit out there on Wikipedia, the only way to PROPERLY, and ACADEMICALLY get rid of that bullshit is verify that what you are putting forth is correct.

You have to cite your sources you fuckwit. Are you that uneducated?

It's not hard to cite your sources man.

But i guess just editing pages to put in asinine stuff is your idea of fun, eh?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
You have to cite your sources you fuckwit. Are you that uneducated?

I did cite my sources you piece of white trash.

Unfortunately, my sources are NON-INTERNET URLS.

Can you read posts or are you just naturally retarded?

They do not accept sources and revert the edit if you do not have an URL source, which is pretty fucking hard when it's Nintendo Power Issue #29 you hold in your hand or when you saw the fucking Wrestling Match on VHS, now isn't it?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I did cite my sources you piece of white trash.

Unfortunately, my sources are NON-INTERNET URLS.

Can you read posts or are you just naturally retarded?

They do not accept sources and revert the edit if you do not have an URL source, which is pretty fucking hard when it's Nintendo Power Issue #29 you hold in your hand or when you saw the fucking Wrestling Match on VHS, now isn't it?

That's pretty asinine on their part, but you'll have to go in to the discussion about the article press your case dude.

You're still a faggot andy.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
That's pretty asinine on their part, but you'll have to go in to the discussion about the article press your case dude.

I did, and they still reverted it.

They have a rouch piece of crap on Chris Jericho's start in WCW, which I really fleshed out and corrected some stuff, and they slammed me down and took it out because I do not have the sources for his actual debut match. :rolleyes:

There are a bunch of other things, like Pronunciations for Hungarian words, which, I don't fucking know, look in a damn Hungarian dictionary for a source? But no, revert my edit.

It's no use explaining shit to them, they are elitist to the bone. Give them a bit of power and they go wild.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I did, and they still reverted it.

They have a rouch piece of crap on Chris Jericho's start in WCW, which I really fleshed out and corrected some stuff, and they slammed me down and took it out because I do not have the sources for his actual debut match. :rolleyes:

There are a bunch of other things, like Pronunciations for Hungarian words, which, I don't fucking know, look in a damn Hungarian dictionary for a source? But no, revert my edit.

It's no use explaining shit to them, they are elitist to the bone. Give them a bit of power and they go wild.

Hey, that sucks. But then again, Wikipedia will never be taken seriously anyway, which is too bad because there are these elitist fucks and then people who edit pages w/ stupid shit.

SSS

neo retired
screw wrastlin'. should focus your efforts on lawn care related articles.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Hey Rade, glad to know you're on the same level of faggotry as Dark Andy!

Way to go, because thats a tough thing to do.

If a slur against homosexuals is the most articulate way you can insult someone...

I'm glad you, my moral and intellectual superior, has taken it upon yourself to call me a "fag."

Touche.

Last edited: