Fighting game masters...

endgamer

Another Striker
Hello all you NEO bruisers. I would like to hear from those that beat the games at the hardest setting. How many continues does it take you and who is the character/s you throw down with.
I ask because I suck at fighting games but I love them because of all the cool backgrounds and diverse fighters and their super cool moves. I always set the games to the easiest level and even then I have a hard time beating the game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
kof 2000 i beat it on expert with zero continues CHARS ARE: iori, jhun, benimaru,K'

------------------
garou_kainstand.gif

Who comes next to be my goat

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
KOF2K with one credit on expert level
Characters: Blue Mary, Iori, Terry, King (St)

See Ya!

[This message has been edited by Vince2K (edited January 23, 2001).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The only way you'll truly start to learn the game is to play it on the hardest setting. I always place the game on "expert" before I diverge into it. This way, I'll at least play against AI that is determined to get me, instead of just blindly walking into attacks at random.

The game that is truly the hardest at Level 8 in the KOF series are '94-'96... after that, the computers just get too easy. However, the hardest title that I ever played on expert are Kizuna Encounter and Real Bout Fatal Fury.

I did KOF2K on "expert" with my ever-popular Team China. That's a pre-requisite for me before I go deeper into any KOF game on purchase.
biggrin.gif

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I managed to beat KOF '99 Evo on level 8 without continuing with Iori, Yuri, Athena, and Kyo-1. Don't ask me how and don't ask me to do it again though!

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
On higher levels, all you have to do is either a)use real combos or b)abuse traps the computer will fall into and you've got it made. The first time I tried with them for example, I literally tore through '97 on expert with God's Calibre Team (Kusanagi, Yagami, Kagura). All of the bosses also have at least one type of pattern they'll continually fall for, no matter the level, thus all can also be beaten perfect. The first time I played Garou I put it on level-6 and beat the game, even Kain, on one credit, just for repeatedly using combos & DM's with Terry. And on it goes. I think Real Bout Fatal Fury is probably the most difficult on the level-8 setting though.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I can beat KoF 99 on level 8, but not perfect without any continues! I end up with a score of 1 or something
biggrin.gif
Its hard I tell yah, but most fun on level 8 a real challange is to fight an enemy and try it over and over and then finnaly beat him, now thats funny.

Cho

kyo3.jpg

202lfo

i play samurai spirits 4 on setting 8, and can (on a good day) beat it without using a continue.....

the problem with ss4 is, that the ai is trying to figure out patterns in your moves. if you can't beat the enemy without usinf a continue, then it's almost impossible to get on without completely changing your way of attack.

but i like the challenge....

and, of course, i'm using Tachibana Ukyo for this difficult task
wink.gif
!

LFO

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I can beat Samurai spirits 2, Samurai spirits 4, Last Blade 1 & 2, and KOF 2000 on Expert (Level 8 if you will) with one credit. I just love these games ( I guess thats my secret)!!!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
kof 2000 is pretty easy
even the last boss
now 96
chizura was damn cheap
sometimes shes even
cheaper than geonitz
well almost