NG.com board game thread

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
BUMP

I’ve been thinking about buying some board games lately to play and just saw this Kickstarter for Fireball Island: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...all-island-80s-board-game-reignited-and-resto

Never played the original but this looks really fun and not too complicated. Think I’m gonna grab one, just unsure if I want all of those expansions or not.

Also I can’t believe the prices on some old board games. Guess it is just like the retro games.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've never played Fireball Island, but Matt, over at X-Entertainment/Dinosaur Dracula, has written about it to death many times, so, I'm quite familiar with it thanks to him, despite not playing it. I know the original is worth some decent money if you can find a copy in good/complete shape. The Kickstarter you linked to has done VERY well, which is good to see, and the product looks pretty sweet.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Does anyone play HeroScape? I just found over 120 figures at GoodWill:

CkCQRLv.jpg

I got this game back in the day but never really messed with it much. The other month I was thinking of digging it out and was doing some research online about it. I can't believe I found all of this.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
BUMP

I’ve been thinking about buying some board games lately to play and just saw this Kickstarter for Fireball Island: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...all-island-80s-board-game-reignited-and-resto

Never played the original but this looks really fun and not too complicated. Think I’m gonna grab one, just unsure if I want all of those expansions or not.

Also I can’t believe the prices on some old board games. Guess it is just like the retro games.

Am I the only asshole who hoped this would be co-op?

I am a simple modern faggort. :crying:

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure they are including a cooperative mode with it- it is at the very top of the list of backer goals

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure they are including a cooperative mode with it- it is at the very top of the list of backer goals

Sweet, must have been requested more than a few times. They have that same backer goal list flyer without it listed - maybe just an error leaving it off the first time, or I really did overlook it. Thanks for the correction!

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Sweet, must have been requested more than a few times. They have that same backer goal list flyer without it listed - maybe just an error leaving it off the first time, or I really did overlook it. Thanks for the correction!

You’re welcome! Did you order one? I’m pretty excited to try it out

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
You’re welcome! Did you order one? I’m pretty excited to try it out

No, but I'm alright waiting for it.

By the way. . . depending where in VA you're at. . . former member here, Chainsawyak, has a bar in Baltimore called The Sidebar Tavern. They used to have game nights there, but I don't see them listed on their home page anymore. (no more slow days, I guess). Might be worth checking out, anyway. :)

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
No, but I'm alright waiting for it.

By the way. . . depending where in VA you're at. . . former member here, Chainsawyak, has a bar in Baltimore called The Sidebar Tavern. They used to have game nights there, but I don't see them listed on their home page anymore. (no more slow days, I guess). Might be worth checking out, anyway. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I’m at the complete opposite end of the state, just a few miles from the NC border- but if I’m ever up that way I’ll check it out

@M

20 Year Member
Damn, that is one awesome Goodwill haul--may I ask how much you paid for the lot? The only tabletop gaming shit I ever found at my local Goodwill was a Ziploc bag full of Mage Knight figurine/pieces and some of them were broken off of their HeroClix bases. It was like 10-15 of them for $5, which isn't bad, but I passed due to their poor condition. I have much better luck at the St. Vincent de Paul Society thrift stores 'round these parts when it comes to board/tabletop game stuff.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Damn, that is one awesome Goodwill haul--may I ask how much you paid for the lot? The only tabletop gaming shit I ever found at my local Goodwill was a Ziploc bag full of Mage Knight figurine/pieces and some of them were broken off of their HeroClix bases. It was like 10-15 of them for $5, which isn't bad, but I passed due to their poor condition. I have much better luck at the St. Vincent de Paul Society thrift stores 'round these parts when it comes to board/tabletop game stuff.

Thanks! I paid $10 for all of them. I went back a couple days later hoping to find the terrain but no luck there. Still, I am very stoked to have found what I did. I got the base game way back when it came out but never really messed with it much. I'm looking forward to playing it a bunch now.

I'll probably never find any of it in the wild again haha

@M

20 Year Member
$10 for that many figures was definitely a righteous steal. Some months ago, a thrift store 'round these parts had a fishing tackle box full of painted Warhammer 40,000 figurines for sale, maybe about 30-40 of them, and they wanted about $25 for that (I didn't buy it, but somebody else did, as it was gone the next time I stopped in).

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks! I paid $10 for all of them. I went back a couple days later hoping to find the terrain but no luck there. Still, I am very stoked to have found what I did. I got the base game way back when it came out but never really messed with it much. I'm looking forward to playing it a bunch now.

I'll probably never find any of it in the wild again haha
You can never have too much terrain tiles ! Maybe they bought a couple of games, kept the terrain and dumped the duplicate figurines. A lot of them are not very necessary in duplicates.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I just picked up Atmosfear, add on packs II & III, and Atmosfear The Harbingers that I found for sale locally. I can't wait to give these a try after the summer with a few friends and beers. Last time I played Atmosfear I was probably 9 or 10 years old, back when the original was new.