Best music?

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
What Neo-Geo game has the best music, in your opinion?

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

C

Caris Nautilus

View Point, Waku Waku 7, KOF 98...

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I loved the KOF '95 music (except the women's team).

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
winpose.gif

B

Bobak!

Waku-Waku 7 is tops (Dandy J).

I love the Metal Slug 2 music (especially the first stage)/
Samurai Shodown tunes deserve mention...

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Magician lord, stage 1 and 2 music are my personal favourites, although the whole soundtrack is pretty damn awesome! ;)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Matrimelee, if nothing else just for the sheer absurdity of the music

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
I really like KOF '97's soundtrack... when there's actually music playing, that is.

I guess my all time fave is Metal Slug 3. It perfectly compliments what is an absolutely whacked out adventure.

Matrimelee, if nothing else just for the sheer absurdity of the music

Just make sure you're playing with the region set to Japan. The USA version takes out pretty much anything with lyrics (couldn't get the rights or something) so they just copied over the four or five songs that didn't, and that makes the game quite boring.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I think AoF 3 has a really cool soundtrack. Kinda jazzy, lots of horns, great win theme.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I don't know if I can name one complete soundtrack for Neo Geo that does it for me from start to finish, but I can certainly name one which gets me all excited every time I hear that beat [even though it can be repetitive]. It's Sonic Wings 3, with its drum and bass. I used to play it on a setup with a really deep bass output and it sounded massive.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Metal Slug 3 & KOF 98 get my vote. Just use headphones when playing and the great quality stereo sound will shine through.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Maybe we could prepare a musical time capsule for when this thread returns in 2034.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Hard to pick just one best soundtrack. Sengoku has a lot of really cool tracks that helped me get hooked on Neo Geo. Fatal Fury 1&2 and Samsho1&2 are also near the top of the list for favorite Neo Geo soundtracks. It was amazing hearing the Pao Pao Cafe theme for the first time! KoF98 would probably be my overall favorite though, so many classic songs... Followed closely by Real Bout 2 and Samsho2.