Finally Played Buriki One

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Very interesting game I must say. Beat it with Sayak or something. Had to be really patient with the last guy. Played my brother last night, too. He used the Jaques guy and I used Rob, he learned his character pretty quick.

Fun game. Had to get used to the control scheme. What is second system?

SSS

neo retired
Xian Xi said:
Very interesting game I must say. Beat it with Sayak or something. Had to be really patient with the last guy. Played my brother last night, too. He used the Jaques guy and I used Rob, he learned his character pretty quick.

Fun game. Had to get used to the control scheme. What is second system?

I think second system just refers to the display of the joystick with suggested motions in the bottom corner of the screen.

If you haven't tried it yet, try pulling of Ryo's rushing combo (only such of its kind in the game)

:up: hold 2sec :forw: :upf: :forw: :forw: :downf: :upf: :upf: :forw:

I've only managed to pull it off once or twice in practice, never in actual gameplay :emb:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
The 'Second System' refers to ring seconds (your corner), and its the tips that appear on-screen when you attack. Like when you grab somebody with Sokolov, :back: will appear for you to suplex them.

Beating Silber with grapplers can be tough.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Shit, I got my ass handed to me the other day by my fiance. She was using Sayak or whatever. She beat me 6/9 times. He's too quick...lol

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do you guys play it with the buttons on your right and directions on the left or the opposite? My freaking left hand gets tired pretty quick for some reason which is weird since I have been playing guitar for 18 years now.

SSS

neo retired
Start practicing the counters. I think Gai's might be :downb: :forw: and Ryo's :upb: :forw:

Timing is critical, but if executed correctly you can land some punishing blows.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Do you guys play it with the buttons on your right and directions on the left or the opposite? My freaking left hand gets tired pretty quick for some reason which is weird since I have been playing guitar for 18 years now.
We have a choice?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
We have a choice?

Uh ya. I've seen some cabs with the 2 buttons on the left side and the joystick on the right.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Oh, you're talking about the configuration of the cab. I play with a Neo stick. Nevermind.

SSS

neo retired
Someone posted a photo of the official Buriki candy CP recently. Joystick was on the right.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Buriki One was horrible. Worst control any SNK game has ever had. What the hell were they thinking when they made this game.... Everythings ass backwards.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The control is the way it is on purpose. The feel enhances the realism. It was a different way of thinking. It shows creativity that the new SNK Playmore just doesn't use anymore. The game is a breath of fresh air.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
Buriki One was horrible. Worst control any SNK game has ever had. What the hell were they thinking when they made this game.... Everythings ass backwards.

You must suck at it, which is understandable. It's easy to see how some people wouldnt be able to stand it. I like games that challenge my ability and Buriki One is one of them.

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:

You're a fucking idiot. Go back to homebrew shit and leave the real SNK games to people who have a clue.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm kinda confused on the high school looking wrestler guy.

When I do his combo which is usually :back: :forw: goes into a grab then you press :up: and then it says :up: again but nothing happens?

SSS

neo retired
Xian Xi said:
I'm kinda confused on the high school looking wrestler guy.

When I do his combo which is usually :back: :forw: goes into a grab then you press :up: and then it says :up: again but nothing happens?

You talking about a standard shove forward tackle? (I don't know wrestling terms, maybe DA will enlighten us) You can then pick up the person, slam them down. Release the joystick, hold up and do it again. If timed correctly that is.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Going by memory here, but with Sokolov he has a couple of basic setups: a :upf: grab where he can quickly do a body scissor takedown and then into an ankle lock on the ground; then a dash where he can push your opponent down or go into a belly to belly suplex. He also has the :back: :forw: grapple but I remember that being a counter.

He can do suplexes off the ground with the :up: prompt you're getting, just work on your timing I think.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
#28 said:
He can do suplexes off the ground with the :up: prompt you're getting, just work on your timing I think.

I'm talking about right after you do the ground suplex, it suggests :up: again and nothing happens. Tried it like 20 times already. What does he do after the ground suplex?

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I'm talking about right after you do the ground suplex, it suggests :up: again and nothing happens. Tried it like 20 times already. What does he do after the ground suplex?

Man you're gonna make me have to pull out my supergun...it seems like there were two suplexes he could do in lifting from the ground, I think you can do the neck snap :down: after the first suplex, at least.

Do you know his takedown where he drops and grabs low on the ankle? Its dirty, but its the only way I could ever beat Silber with him.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
#28 said:
Man you're gonna make me have to pull out my supergun...it seems like there were two suplexes he could do in lifting from the ground, I think you can do the neck snap :down: after the first suplex, at least.

Do you know his takedown where he drops and grabs low on the ankle? Its dirty, but its the only way I could ever beat Silber with him.

Bust it out man, you know you want to play it again. I'll play it tonight. :D

Fakk2

Neo Alec said:
The control is the way it is on purpose. The feel enhances the realism. It was a different way of thinking. It shows creativity that the new SNK Playmore just doesn't use anymore. The game is a breath of fresh air.

perhaps for you, but for me it was a horrible experience. One of SNKs most embarassing games. True I might suck at it but goddamn what shitty controls. I cant think of ANY game that plays this badly. Fatal Fury Wild Ambition is 1000000X better IMO. I wouldnt ay 1 cent for B One.

Last edited:

Fakk2

SamuraiShodownSensei said:
You're a fucking idiot. Go back to homebrew shit and leave the real SNK games to people who have a clue.

meh, your taste in games is pure shit if you like this game, no wonder you hate good games. Your looking for assbackward controls, and this game screams it. This is the worst H64 game ever made and if I ever get into H64 games this is one I will avoid like a plague. That homebrew shit plays 100X better. Im embarrased to call this piece of waste an SNK game.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
meh, your taste in games is pure shit if you like this game, no wonder you hate good games.

says the one with the ggx avatar.

just move along, no one cares about your opinion.

Fakk2

not sonic said:
says the one with the ggx avatar.

just move along, no one cares about your opinion.

I love you too mate. take care. ^^ lol

goddamn my fucking horrible avatar! must be changed soon!

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
Your looking for assbackward controls, and this game screams it.
How long did it take you to come up with that assessment? The joysticks attack and the buttons move. Duh, it's "backwards," but the fact that it works makes it innovative thinking.

I wonder how many hours you've spent with Buriki One to arrive at your assessment.