Finally Played Buriki One

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
meh, your taste in games is pure shit if you like this game, no wonder you hate good games. Your looking for assbackward controls, and this game screams it. This is the worst H64 game ever made and if I ever get into H64 games this is one I will avoid like a plague. That homebrew shit plays 100X better. Im embarrased to call this piece of waste an SNK game.

:lolz: God forbid SNK step outside the norm and do something innovative.

It's not their fault your chimpanzee brain can't process the necessary motor skills required.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
#28 said:
Man you're gonna make me have to pull out my supergun...it seems like there were two suplexes he could do in lifting from the ground, I think you can do the neck snap :down: after the first suplex, at least.

Do you know his takedown where he drops and grabs low on the ankle? Its dirty, but its the only way I could ever beat Silber with him.

#28, did you try it again?

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
#28, did you try it again?

'Fraid not, I will tho. Sorry these guys are doing their best to ruin your thread.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I finally got to play Buriki One, and I must say that if has to be one of the most fun fighting games I have played. True, the controls take a little getting used to, but the challenge is part of the fun.

Plus, I have to hand it to SNK for exercising some creativity on this game. This game can get pretty addictive.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Bibliophile said:
I finally got to play Buriki One, and I must say that if has to be one of the most fun fighting games I have played. True, the controls take a little getting used to, but the challenge is part of the fun.

Plus, I have to hand it to SNK for exercising some creativity on this game. This game can get pretty addictive.

So what character do you play most? Just recently I started using the old man for an even tougher challenge.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Xian Xi said:
So what character do you play most? Just recently I started using the old man for an even tougher challenge.

I like Gai, Ryu (the karate guy), and Rob Python. My brother won't use anybody but Payak (the muay thai guy), because he is a muay thai fanatic.

When you say the old man, are you talking about the Tai Chi character?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Bibliophile said:
I like Gai, Ryu (the karate guy), and Rob Python. My brother won't use anybody but Payak (the muay thai guy), because he is a muay thai fanatic.

When you say the old man, are you talking about the Tai Chi character?

Ya the Tai Chi guy, he's pretty good but very short life.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
For anyone who is a martial artist himself or a connoseur of the early days of UFC/NHB this game is incredible and fascinating.

I see it as a jean claude van damme "Bloodsport" tribute.

The innovation, imagination behind this game blows my mind.

I have done judo on and off in my life and i love seeing someone do a move like osotogari or jujigatame in this game. Some of the takedowns like the one sokolov does from the ankle are awesome!

It really has stood the test of time, there hasnt been a UFC game which captured the atmosphere of this game.

The only thing i would have loved to make it better is if weight had been a factor in the game so that it would take the grapplers a huge effort to be able to lift someone like the sumo guy or the silber boss and they would be forced to use those grappling moves such as osotogari which work with a heavy guy as opposed to the shoulder slam for example. That would have made it even more realistic than the awesome game it is.

Its aged well graphically too. I love how the jacques ducalis character is a blatant Rickson Gracie rip off! SNK was still imaginative and great in 99!!!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For anyone who is a martial artist himself or a connoseur of the early days of UFC/NHB this game is incredible and fascinating.

I see it as a jean claude van damme "Bloodsport" tribute.

The innovation, imagination behind this game blows my mind.

I have done judo on and off in my life and i love seeing someone do a move like osotogari or jujigatame in this game. Some of the takedowns like the one sokolov does from the ankle are awesome!

It really has stood the test of time, there hasnt been a UFC game which captured the atmosphere of this game.

The only thing i would have loved to make it better is if weight had been a factor in the game so that it would take the grapplers a huge effort to be able to lift someone like the sumo guy or the silber boss and they would be forced to use those grappling moves such as osotogari which work with a heavy guy as opposed to the shoulder slam for example. That would have made it even more realistic than the awesome game it is.

Its aged well graphically too. I love how the jacques ducalis character is a blatant Rickson Gracie rip off! SNK was still imaginative and great in 99!!!!

Make sure you read the Buriki Page for movesets. I forgot to do a Silber one, so I can't do it until I unlock him again.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Just want to say thanks for the link Xian Xi. Hopefully it will help make the time go by quicker until my UK packages show up...

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Man such a great game, I wrote a FAQ for it like 5 years ago but I've lost hosting and my backup of it. If anyone out there happens to have it please shoot me a PM.

So much depth to this game, tons of linkable moves etc. There were even moves that were only possible to link if the first move missed. It is insane how much you can do in this game.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Make sure you read the Buriki Page for movesets. I forgot to do a Silber one, so I can't do it until I unlock him again.

Thanks man.

Right now im just wishing i had a damn power supply so i could play it after 9 years! I got the boards and a supergun but my supergun doesnt have enough power in the PSU to get it going!

I will be sure to check the moves list for the day when i can play it!

Its crazy but I looked through an old thread i started on this game back in august 2000 about this game! life and the world sure has changed a lot since than but the game has stood the test of time!

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Wow! Had a blast playing Buriki today. After about 3 glasses of wine, the game "clicked" with moving / blocking and just made so much more sense then it had the last few times playing with it.

Buriki screwed me when I played FF:WA afterwards. Kept trying to do the :A:/:B: movements...didn't work out to well...