Odd slowdown (OMG 20 chars I hate you)

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
This may be a question for Tech but we'll see.

I just a Hyper Neo Candy Cab. I plugged the Hyper in and had some very odd results with Samurai Shodown 2. When I move the selection icon around on the character select screen it is very slow. It almost feels like there is lag. Then when you select the characters the animation is again slow. I tried playing with the 5 volt to no avail. Do you guys thing this is an issue with the cab or the board?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
This may be a question for Tech but we'll see.

I just a Hyper Neo Candy Cab. I plugged the Hyper in and had some very odd results with Samurai Shodown 2. When I move the selection icon around on the character select screen it is very slow. It almost feels like there is lag. Then when you select the characters the animation is again slow. I tried playing with the 5 volt to no avail. Do you guys thing this is an issue with the cab or the board?

happens occasionally. I always take the cart out and sometimes blow on the contacts and re-insert. Making sure its on tight. Usually fixes it

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
heat can cause those problems also. Make sure your cab doesnt get too hot inside.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
heat can cause those problems also. Make sure your cab doesnt get too hot inside.

I agree with Xian Xi check how hot it is inside the cab.

Last edited:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:

After about an hour you could fry eggs on the Hyper's heatsink.

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Hey mike, since you and i both know that the cab wasnt too hot. why dont you try putting it into the neo29 instead of the hyper cab. That way if the 5V line in the neo29 is outputting properly, and the hyper fires right up, you know you dont have enough power in the hyper neo.

SSS

neo retired
Naiper said:

unless you're dangling your balls over it, I don't really see the problem. That's what it's there for. Just make sure there is plenty of air space for the heat to radiate into.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
unless you're dangling your balls over it, I don't really see the problem. That's what it's there for. Just make sure there is plenty of air space for the heat to radiate into.

Dont forget you also need some form of ventilation.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
So I tested this in my other cab and it is definitely a cart issue.

Pas

Camel Slug
Its been awhile since I hooked mine up, and I only hooked it up to test and see if it was working...plan on putting it in a cab with all the other samsho's later and dont have a supergun yet, but I noticed my copy was very slow as well. Maybe I will dig it back out and see here again soon. Maybe some fiddling will remedy it or something...keep us informed if you figure anything out...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
So I tested this in my other cab and it is definitely a cart issue.

I have experienced this problem a few times with Asura Zandmaden, and it usually just needs to be removed, cleaned if you feel inclined, and then reinserted into the mother board. That's all.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I have experienced this problem a few times with Asura Zandmaden, and it usually just needs to be removed, cleaned if you feel inclined, and then reinserted into the mother board. That's all.

I definitely reinserted the shit out it. I guess I'll try cleaning. Even though I've had the cart for a few years it was new when I got it and really shouldn't be that dirty.

I guess I should note that Sam 64 and Buriki work. (My FFWA gets nothing but a blue screen)

SSS

neo retired
EvilMike said:
I guess I should note that Sam 64 and Buriki work. (My FFWA gets nothing but a blue screen)

You should lend out your hyper carts more often, seems like they get taken care of better in other's hands. :emb:

Most likely just needs to be cleaned, most problems I have are taken care of by cleaning the jamma edge. Haven't the need to mess with cart connectors yet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I had the same problem with a new SSWA. I'm not surprised other people had the same problem. I can't say it needs to be cleaned, but reinsertion works. Did you try it without having the clamps down?

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I had the same problem with a new SSWA. I'm not surprised other people had the same problem. I can't say it needs to be cleaned, but reinsertion works. Did you try it without having the clamps down?

Yup

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Maybe its damaged because it over heated or because you didn't give the Hyper all the power it wanted and using it over time without giving it all the power it needs made it get damaged?