Copa Libertadores?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I used to. I wish i could see the final.

Im a big riquelme fan, is he returning to boca next season?

i usually try to avoid Argentinian threads, I don't want to sound like a dick. But somehow it's gonna end up talking about Maradonna and how great he was, and how his goal was the greatest in history.

No offense

who's boca playing?

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Boca is playing against Brazil's Gremio, and won 3-0 on La Bombonera

Riquelme is going back to Villareal next season so no, he's not staying on Boca.

Boca wins again, flawless victory.... AGAIN

Garrincha > Diego

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
recon_zero is right, he is leaving because we don't wanna pay for his entire contract so he will end up in another european club. I wish he didn't have to go he showed he was the best player by far, IMO.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
recon_zero said:
Garrincha > Diego

I didnt see Garrincha playing, im not that old, but hes one of the greatest artists with the ball, he was magical in his time but end up having problems with alcohol and died early, sad story for a great man.

About Libertadores, i dont think Gremio will win by 3 or more goals, Boca will be the champion in my opinion, they did their home work in la bombonera and they have a good team to hold the result in Gremio's stadium, but as some would say, football is box full of surprises.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Your very right Neo Collector thats why I already crowned my team champs because it will be impossible for them to win 4-0, its sad cuz Gremio started off good but lost motivation like most teams do when they get goals scored on them. I think Santos would have done a better job but to be honest like you said futbol is a box full of surprises. :glee:

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Neo Geo MVS said:
Your very right Neo Collector thats why I already crowned my team champs because it will be impossible for them to win 4-0, its sad cuz Gremio started off good but lost motivation like most teams do when they get goals scored on them. I think Santos would have done a better job but to be honest like you said futbol is a box full of surprises. :glee:

I dont think Santos would be better, the truth is, when playing with any team from Argentina the best you can do is to play the first game in your home and make lots of goals, lucky for Boca the first game was in Argentina. Gremio started well but loose strength in the first 15 minutes and when Boca made the first goal the boat was already sinking for Gremio, the two other goals were Gremio's own fault in my opnion, but thats another story, let's wait for the second game.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
I dont think Santos would be better, the truth is, when playing with any team from Argentina the best you can do is to play the first game in your home and make lots of goals, lucky for Boca the first game was in Argentina. Gremio started well but loose strength in the first 15 minutes and when Boca made the first goal the boat was already sinking for Gremio, the two other goals were Gremio's own fault in my opnion, but thats another story, let's wait for the second game.

Luck has nothin to do with it, thats skill son. I know you and I will get along great since yo soy argentino y voz sos de brasil. :lolz:

I ain't trying to talk shit so don't take it like that ok, I respect all players and clubs unlike alot of argentinoes. What club do you go for in brasil neo collector?

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
i usually try to avoid Argentinian threads, I don't want to sound like a dick. But somehow it's gonna end up talking about Maradonna and how great he was, and how his goal was the greatest in history

Don't avoid the threads just go with the flow because it's true, it was the greatest goal of all time. But the one messi did that was very similiar was better IMO.

Interesting side note :
Messi used both legs touching the ball maradona just used his left leg.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
I didn't see the Santos and Gremio game but I heard Gremio barely beat them and it was in the last minute.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Neo Geo MVS said:
Don't avoid the threads just go with the flow because it's true, it was the greatest goal of all time. But the one messi did that was very similiar was better IMO.

Interesting side note :
Messi used both legs touching the ball maradona just used his left leg.

point is, its a thought i dont believe in.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Neo Geo MVS said:
I didn't see the Santos and Gremio game but I heard Gremio barely beat them and it was in the last minute.

True, Gremio only hold the game until the end they didnt tried to win just survive the game.

Neo Geo MVS said:
I know you and I will get along great since yo soy argentino y voz sos de brasil. :lolz:

Sure, like twins :lol:

Im Flamengo here, we lost for defensor when they beat us with three goals in the first game, we managed to make two here but i have to admit my team is playing shit and if we managed to beat defensor i dont think we would go any further than the next game with gremio.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Thx Neo Collector, Riquelme played fairly well he took alot of kicks and also a smack to the face, we all know how brazil liked to play when their about to lose. But he made both gols so yes the cup was basically all because of him.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Neo Geo MVS said:
Thx Neo Collector, Riquelme played fairly well he took alot of kicks and also a smack to the face, we all know how brazil liked to play when their about to lose. But he made both gols so yes the cup was basically all because of him.

And what about Palermo, who in the right mind would still let him go to score a penalty.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
And what about Palermo, who in the right mind would still let him go to score a penalty.

Very true. I saw that play and who happens to foul Palermo is his good friend Rolando Schiavi who used to play for boca. Palermo up until yesterdays game has made a Goal in every single Final he has been in but yesterday broke that record sadly because he was giving a penalty and missed it like always. Palermo also infamously known for missing 3 penalties in one game, Argentina vs Columbia in a copa american a while back. The only person in who has kept the record for making a goal in every final is Hernan Crespo.

I felt the final wasnt as great as it could have been.

Neo Collector

Raiden's Valet
Neo Geo MVS said:
I felt the final wasnt as great as it could have been.

True, Boca knew the game was already won and just "show up" to play, Gremio didnt stand a chance and the team was not motivated enough for the challenge the almost 3000 Boca fans enjoyed and easy win.