Turning a ST-V sega cab into a Hyper

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well this cab is quite nice and comfortable, so I added a 4 button and cleaned out all the Die Hard stickers on it.
dieha.jpg

I saw this in Hard MVS

gevin.jpg
gevinb.jpg

...So when I saw the ST-V cab it gave me the idea of doing a little conversion, so far I've done the CP and Marquee not much else, but here's some pics of the Art I've done so far.

HyperNeoGeo64ST-VMarquee.jpg

HyperNeoGeo64ST-VCP.jpg

This is all preliminary, but It looks good enough to be final, I might change the SNK logo for the silvery one used on the US Hyper Cabs.

Any ideas?

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
That looks great, you've got a knack for this stuff. Planning a trip to RI for the cab?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LameKat said:
That looks great, you've got a knack for this stuff. Planning a trip to RI for the cab?
Actually I already have the cab, my friend bought it from him like 2 months ago we picked it up and later he decided to sell it to me. My plan was to buy the other one, but since my friend didn't want it anymore I jumped on that boat.

I gotta tell you this cab is extremely comfortable, the angle on the CP is great, no strain on the wrist either standing up or sitting down, and there's plenty of space between the players, adding the 4 button was cake, my only gripe is that the layouts are not uniform, but there was little I could do, at less I wanted to bondo the original holes and drill again, but I can live with the way it is. Actually it gives the second player an angle, and it keeps him/her away from the first player's elbow.

Thanks for the complements guys, pics will come when more progress is done.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Does anybody know what kind of fonts are used for the hyper title, or perhaps guide me in the right direction? As you can see I'm using sega fonts here, but hell is a sega cab after all.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Had'nt noticed the original layout. I though you angled it for just that reason, my 2-slot is a little tight on the shoulder to shoulder action, I think the angle looks like the way to go.

Did you grab that 6-slot?

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LameKat said:
Had'nt noticed the original layout. I though you angled it for just that reason, my 2-slot is a little tight on the shoulder to shoulder action, I think the angle looks like the way to go.

Did you grab that 6-slot?
Nah! The guys was really nice and sent me more detailed pictures of the damage, it was more than I thought and although it can be fixed, I don't think I have the skill to do so, I guess if the price was lower I would of done it.

I think you're right about the angle, I feel the same way, I just like uniformity though, but no big deal it actually looks cool anyway.

So, since you're keeping tabs on me so well, what's new with you? When are we going to get together?

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
electricgrave said:
Nah! The guys was really nice and sent me more detailed pictures of the damage, it was more than I thought and although it can be fixed, I don't think I have the skill to do so, I guess if the price was lower I would of done it.

I think you're right about the angle, I feel the same way, I just like uniformity though, but no big deal it actually looks cool anyway.

So, since you're keeping tabs on me so well, what's new with you? When are we going to get together?

Ya, I could be your stalker. Just like see what goes on with the Ma. members. If the 80hr. work weeks end soon, after I catch up w/my wife and son I could go for a game night. Ya'll can rank on me after your house pets kick my ass on every Neo fighter made, its really quite sad.

Naiper

Super Sidekicks 2
electricgrave said:
Does anybody know what kind of fonts are used for the hyper title, or perhaps guide me in the right direction? As you can see I'm using sega fonts here, but hell is a sega cab after all.

No, I you want an original Hyper logo I send you a freehand document (or prefer a .art, .ill or .eps?)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Naiper said:
No, I you want an original Hyper logo I send you a freehand document (or prefer a .art, .ill or .eps?)
I was fixing to scan my manual, but I welcome anything you can give me, preferably a PDF, so I can work it, well .ill will do as well, hell even .eps, anything will do.

Thanks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LameKat said:
Ya, I could be your stalker. Just like see what goes on with the Ma. members. If the 80hr. work weeks end soon, after I catch up w/my wife and son I could go for a game night. Ya'll can rank on me after your house pets kick my ass on every Neo fighter made, its really quite sad.
I hear ya! This is my busiest time of the year as well, is fucking nuts at work right now. I have so many projects I had to put on hold for the time beign, because when I have free time I'm a little tired, and I rather just play neo, but the time will come.