SvC Chaos ( Remix Ultra v 1.2) Review Pt1

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I don't get why they changed some of the commands just to QCFx2 alot of them were Charge b,f,b,f, which has always been the norm for alot of Capcom characters....

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I hope this gets thrown on a bootleg cart a'la "Plus Plus" [which is better to have than an official cart IMO]

AcidGlow

Kuroko's Training Dummy
NeoDragoN said:
I don't get why they changed some of the commands just to QCFx2 alot of them were Charge b,f,b,f, which has always been the norm for alot of Capcom characters....

ease-of-use.

Not to mention the flash kick super moves are hard to come out on this game.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
AcidGlow said:
ease-of-use.

Not to mention the flash kick super moves are hard to come out on this game.

I have no probs what so ever....:emb:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
reminds me of the lame kof 2k2 bootlegs.

in essence, and i know a lot of people missed the point of this game.

a lot of people forget that this game is based of the 2k2 engine. And the 2k2 engine although userfriendly has some moves real hard to do, which makes it a challenge to enjoy the game, and also to not overuse them. Some of the moves aren't hard and do a lot of damage, it's just a matter of understanding and accepting the engine.

Now on Chaos, it seems like they were trying to capture that challenge for the moves in Chaos. However, for some reason a lot of people wanted the game to be very super user friendly. Hell i'd even go as far as to say that if it was up to some people they'd rather have the moves super easy ala MVC2.

that's one among many reasons why i like SVC.

magikorn

n00b
Chaos never really felt right to me... The roster was severely lacking, and there was no team action going on... it wasnt bad... its just something I'll probably never buy.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:

Never was a big fan of Capcom's double command super motions. Hardly made supers useful when I screw up and get normal specials instead. Charge supers in particular where horribly though out (Especially down charge supers.).

magikorn said:
Chaos never really felt right to me... The roster was severely lacking, and there was no team action going on... it wasnt bad... its just something I'll probably never buy.

Roster was fine for the most part. Still could have used less SF2 characters.

And team action is so overrated...

The only fix that I can actually appreciated is Demitri's new Exceed command.

Dan didn't new farther reaching projectiles and I have to say I'm surprised the Raging Storm command was simplified, among other non DM type moves.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
why mess with hugo's 360?
talk about pussifying a motion.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
:downb: :downf: :downb: :upf: :B:+:D:

I have yet to pull this off on purpose. It's the only exceed I have problems with.
Anyway, I'm with Jeff Bogard on this one. Fighters shouldn't be dumbed down for the masses. I'm not saying moves should be impossible, but there should be a learning curve to force you to get better. The game deserves more respect then it gets. I don't like some of the capcom char designs for this game, but how else can I easily play with capcom chars with my 4 button neo cabs?
Well, that's my 4:45am est rant, now back to my coffee, er, I mean work! :tickled:

AcidGlow

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The 360 commands I find aren't hard to pull but perhaps the annoying thing was when it would jump if you made a small error in timing. But on the charge based B,F and DB,DF,DB,UF ones... were probably changed to increase the amount of charge-based characters used online. As I only ever really saw 1 Guile player on kaillera and none in the arcades. Anywho. Now what would be easy is the MvsC style of super move inputs.

D,DF,F 2 Punch. That would rock! :mr_t: :loco: