Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Looking for a good power supply for consolizing a MV1C. I found the one linked below on another forum post. Just wanted to see if there was a better/cheaper one I should be looking at. Also if anyone can help me find a panel mount link it would be appreciated too.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...oreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=377845&

SIDE NOTE: What's the deal with Jameco and Mouser? I swear everytime I search their sites I can never find what I need. Does their search engine suck or do I just not know the proper terms?

rtdzign

n00b
Hey Everybody. I am in the process of researching on consolizing an MVS and am for now rummaging through forums and post and what not. So forgive if this post isn't adding anything, I am just wanting to make sure that my account doesn't get wiped again.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Where could I find a female scart connector that I can panel mount as well as a cutting template? I'm also looking for a male cable mount connector so I can make a cable too.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Looking for these.
Steel truss screw [Full Thread] M4 × 12
Steel truss screw [Full Thread] M5 × 12

I misplaced one of the M5 for my marquee cover and I was missing a few M4 on my cab so I'd like to get a few but I cannot find anything in North America or it's an insane price or excessive minimum order.

Also looking for some convergence strips.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looking for these.
Steel truss screw [Full Thread] M4 × 12
Steel truss screw [Full Thread] M5 × 12

I misplaced one of the M5 for my marquee cover and I was missing a few M4 on my cab so I'd like to get a few but I cannot find anything in North America or it's an insane price or excessive minimum order.

Also looking for some convergence strips.

Did you ever find these?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Nope, found them on ratuken but shipping is way to much, tried through akihabarashop. But after a few emails back and forth, I think it wasnt worth it for them and havent heard back.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Do someone knows the konami connector used in The Simpsons / Mutant Ninja Turtles PCB?
Is a JST 15pin "NH connector" B15P-SHF-1AA, but I can't find it on Mouser or Jameco... Any other option?

I need it quickly. I've found it on the official JST site, but it's a japanese business and due to the terrible japanese situation, I would prefer some store with own stock in the US.

TNX!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Anyone know where they sell those 262 degree 8 pin din flange sockets?

Hello everybody, this is really a noob question so forgive me.

I'm about to consolize my first mvs (mv-1b) and I'm a bit concerned about the power supply: I still haven't fully understand what psu I should use. I see the choice is mainly between 3 groups of psu:

. regular atx psu: the ones used to power pcs boards. They're very large though, and seem an overkill for the power needs of mvs boards. So I'd discard them

. Internal psu.

. Table top.

I'd go with either an internal or a table top, but I want to be sure about what I need in order to install them: for the table top, I think beside the psu I also need a female connector to wire to the mvs for the psu to plug, am I right? Can you please point me to a pair (psu - connector)? And what about the internal psu? What other parts do I need to properly use it in the consolization?

And another part request: is there any store that sell the "deep" db15 female connectors needed to build a custom neo stick (AES use)? Cause the male port on the console is way too deep for a regular db-15.

Please forgive my clunky english

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hello everybody, this is really a noob question so forgive me.

I'm about to consolize my first mvs (mv-1b) and I'm a bit concerned about the power supply: I still haven't fully understand what psu I should use. I see the choice is mainly between 3 groups of psu:

. regular atx psu: the ones used to power pcs boards. They're very large though, and seem an overkill for the power needs of mvs boards. So I'd discard them

. Internal psu.

. Table top.

I'd go with either an internal or a table top, but I want to be sure about what I need in order to install them: for the table top, I think beside the psu I also need a female connector to wire to the mvs for the psu to plug, am I right? Can you please point me to a pair (psu - connector)? And what about the internal psu? What other parts do I need to properly use it in the consolization?

And another part request: is there any store that sell the "deep" db15 female connectors needed to build a custom neo stick (AES use)? Cause the male port on the console is way too deep for a regular db-15.

Please forgive my clunky english

For an MV1B you only need a PSU rated at +5v@3A. Depending on what size the tip is on the PSU is what you need to match for the power jack(inlet). The easier to find size is 2.1mm and 2.5mm barrel jack. If the PSU you buy doesn't have that size tip you can always replace it with a new tip matching.

And the deep DB15s are special made for SNK, you wont find them anywhere.

First of all: thanks for your help ;)

Now the questions.

So to use a table top psu the steps I have to follow are these, correct me if I'm wrong: 1. Find a +5v@3A psu. 2. See what kind of tip it has. 3. Buy a matching power jack (inlet). 4. Wire the power jack inlet to one of the +5v pins of the mvs. Is that right?

What about an internal (open frame) psu instead? Like this one for example: http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_88402_-1. Do I have to combine it with an entry module like this one (http://www.lizardlick.com/LL-Power-Entry-Module-3A_p_165.html)?

As a side note. I also have a 2 slot: what psu specs do I need to suit the power needs for both boards?

About the db-15: so the only way to build a custom neo stick is tearing apart an existing pad or an extension cable?

Again, thanks a lot :)

First of all: thanks for your help ;)

Now the questions.

So to use a table top psu the steps I have to follow are these, correct me if I'm wrong: 1. Find a +5v@3A psu. 2. See what kind of tip it has. 3. Buy a matching power jack (inlet). 4. Wire the power jack inlet to one of the +5v pins of the mvs. Is that right?

What about an internal (open frame) psu instead? Like this one for example: http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_88402_-1. Do I have to combine it with an entry module like this one (http://www.lizardlick.com/LL-Power-Entry-Module-3A_p_165.html)?

As a side note. I also have a 2 slot: what psu specs do I need to suit the power needs for both boards?

About the db-15: so the only way to build a custom neo stick is tearing apart an existing pad or an extension cable?

Again, thanks a lot :)
Maybe this is not the right thread for this kind of questions? Should I open up a new thread?

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
looking to build some extension cords for AES given that JNX is out of stock!
I read this thread and nothing looks suitable for the job!
does anyone know where I can find the male and female connectors suitable for an extension cord!

also looking to build a pc2neo cable with the male input!

Last edited:

symbebekos

n00b
Is there a source for a pre-drilled Lexan control panel tops? I just got an MVS-4-25c that came without one. I realize this isn't quite a tech question but this seemed like the right thread...

mmmonkey

Quiz Detective
I'm after some flexible cabling to use for pads/sticks. I bought some 12 core cable which hasn't got a that big a diameter, but it's quite stiff and makes holding the pad I converted feel a bit off. Anybody know a good source for suitable cable? Pref UK based to save on postage costs, but will shop abroad if needed :-)

ta
Pete

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm after some flexible cabling to use for pads/sticks. I bought some 12 core cable which hasn't got a that big a diameter, but it's quite stiff and makes holding the pad I converted feel a bit off. Anybody know a good source for suitable cable? Pref UK based to save on postage costs, but will shop abroad if needed :-)

ta
Pete

I usually use VGA cables and cut off the ends. The thinner cords are softer, the thick ones are just ugh.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member

If you can order from Farnell (they require a VAT number in Italy):

http://uk.farnell.com/pro-power/850073-100m/cable-def-7-1-12a-12-core-100m/dp/711597?Ntt=711597

http://uk.farnell.com/pro-power/711615/cable-def-7-1-15a-15core-100m/dp/1190202?Ntt=1190202

racer445

n00b
After a long, painstaking hunt, I managed to source down some edge convergence strips (permalloy strips). You can get them from Panasonic's part site, model# 0FMK014ZZ. http://www.pstc.panasonic.com/EpartR/PartsListChoice.asp These are really hard to find and I have no idea how many they have, so if you need em, get them quick.

Made in Canada so you know it's good!
stripps.jpg