Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Anyone know where I can get some good quality (AKA not Radio Shack) Wire Mount RCA Male Plugs (Red White, and Yellow) as well as a matching Wire Mount SVideo Male Plug so I can make some custom cables for my Supergun?

And if possible, a 8 pin Din 262 Degree Housing Plug that has a jacket that matches the color of those RCA Plugs.

They don't have to be gold plated either.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Anyone know where I can get some good quality (AKA not Radio Shack) Wire Mount RCA Male Plugs (Red White, and Yellow) as well as a matching Wire Mount SVideo Male Plug so I can make some custom cables for my Supergun?

And if possible, a 8 pin Din 262 Degree Housing Plug that has a jacket that matches the color of those RCA Plugs.

They don't have to be gold plated either.

Jameco, digikey, partsexpress all carry those.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Not in any consistency. I can find the 8 pin Din, but can't find S Video. or I can find Svideo but not the RCA to match type of thing. I think I'm just gonna buy a cheap Wii cable that has all the connectors and hack it. It'll be better that way.

Jameco, digikey, partsexpress all carry those.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Not in any consistency. I can find the 8 pin Din, but can't find S Video. or I can find Svideo but not the RCA to match type of thing. I think I'm just gonna buy a cheap Wii cable that has all the connectors and hack it. It'll be better that way.

Parts express should have them all (not sure about the 8pin din though). And digikey as well.... I just ordered sets of phono jacks and such for building a component switcher a few months back and got all my stuff from parts express. It's best to just grab their PDF version of the catalog and search that as both sites have search functions that are lame ducks in my opinion.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Jameco sells them. I dont think they take paypal. How many did you need?

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I got mine from Jameco, like others have said, I don't think they take paypal though.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire

saw some on ebay, $5 each plus $6 shipping was the cheapest.

I originally found this site:

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Technologies/Product.aspx?ProductID=LM1881NNOPBNATIONAL5096078

great prices, even better shipping costs, but after jumping through all the check out steps; no paypal.

/someday I should get a credit card (if my wife lets me :P )

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
Jameco sells them. I dont think they take paypal. How many did you need?

I've just been wanting to play with them for a while now, I was buying other stuff, figured I would grab some to try out.

don't necessarily have a project in mind, just looking to keep the soldering iron warm :D

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
also found this site:

https://avnetexpress.avnet.com/stor...201&term=lm1881&x=27&y=10&N=0&action=products

great prices, but, besides not offing paypal, the shipping was ridiculous for shipping to me at least.

I loaded up the 'cart' with a bunch of Lm380's and lm1881's, and the shipping was $38!?

they only offered 'overnight', I don't know if that is just for Canada. (you can use your own shipping account, but I don't have something like that)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I'm out of gold s-video jacks, anyone got a source? Not looking to spend more than ~$3 each hopefully.

I don't know if you are still looking, but the one RAM used to stock was Calrad Electronics part no 72-313G. I couldn't turn up any places that stocked it in a quick search.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Does anyone know of a nice, high quality panel mount VGA port? It's one of the the last parts I need for my new supergun project.

If anyone knows of a good, small size, stereo/dual 10K Pot, I would welcome suggestions. I already have one of these, I would just like to find one that isn't over an inch in diameter at the base.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Anyone know where I can get these cylindrical standoff screws?
chipcmvs3.jpg

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Found them on mouser, so nm. :)

None in stock, back to square one...

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Found them on mouser again, no male female standoff though so gonna have to use an 1.5 inch screw, but good enough.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Found them on mouser again, no male female standoff though so gonna have to use an 1.5 inch screw, but good enough.

Those are Neutrik Panel Phono Sockets, best available if you ask me, REAN also manufacture them at the same quality, maybe REAN is another sideline of Neutrik.

Farnell sell them:
RED: 5008529
GREEN: 5008542
BLUE: 5008554
YELLOW: 5008530
WHITE: 5008566

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yea found the same ones on mouser, but I was after the "feet" for the board.
Ended up getting these, since I couldnt find the female version that was in stock.

728-FC1686-632-A
728-FC1688-632-A

And some long screws to tie both boards together.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Anyone knows where to get gold plated s-video and rca/phono jacks? Preferably in Canada but doesn't really matter.
Mouser is out with a lead time of 12 weeks. :S And they don't have gold plated s-video/mini dins there anyway, afaik.

I'm looking for an on/off switch with a 4-pin Molex connector so I can turn on a Suzo Happ Power Pro power supply (80-0072-00). The Molex connector is not like the standard one you would find on a harddrive connector in a PC. It has a pointed end on the left side of the connector housing, like this:

< o o o o |

I also found a drawing of one (if you remove the ears), although I don't know if it's the same size: http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/003091041_sd.pdf

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to find this piece.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Here it is at Digi-Key. You can use the one with the ears, it's just so it'll snap into a panel cause it's panel mount, you could try finding a wire mount if you don't like the ears, but it'll work with and i wouldn't worry about it.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...nk=hp_go_button&KeyWords=0003091041&x=19&y=16

It.s .093 so it's male and female pins are the same size as a regular 4 pin Molex connector.

Here's the mating part if you need it:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=WM1326-ND

Also don't forget to order the pins that you need.

Male pins:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=WM1102-ND

Female pins:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=WM1103-ND

Edit: ugh, part you need is out of stock everywhere i look. I'd just replace it with a regular molex connector. Just use a jewlers screwdriver and push in the little arms on the pins so you can pull the pins out of your connector, then put it in a standard one

Last edited:
Thanks for investigating that for me, but I'm hoping to find a switch I can buy that's already connected to one of those 4-pin connectors so I can just plug in and go. I'm an electronics noob and I don't have any equipment, so I'm really trying to avoid anything I need to piece together or solder if I can help it.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I dunno of where to buy a premade cable. So I'm guessing there are more than 2 wires going into that connector that we don't know what they do, otherwise it's super easy just to cut them and put on a switch?

Last edited:

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
great prices, even better shipping costs, but after jumping through all the check out steps; no paypal.

/someday I should get a credit card (if my wife lets me :P )

Paypal used to offer some sort of protection thingie where it would give you a one-time-use credit card number.

I can't seem to find that service on the site anymore.....