Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
At this time I actually don't need any so I can't justify the purchase right now.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
You could check a Lowes or Home Depot type store for them. I've seen keystone jacks there in the past. Their websites turn up nothing, but their website searches blow in general.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Anyone know where they sell like a 2 pin plug male and matching female socket?

Looking for something really small around the size of 1 quick disconnect plug but with 2 pins instead. Max voltage would only be +5v.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Anyone know where they sell like a 2 pin plug male and matching female socket?

Looking for something really small around the size of 1 quick disconnect plug but with 2 pins instead. Max voltage would only be +5v.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/8/0/8/1/7/webimg/257744378_o.jpg

There's tons of that on ebay if you search for JST. It's nice because they're already assembled so you don't have to crimp but the wires aren't very long (ca. 150mm). If you need longer wires let me know and I'll think of something else. Here's the datasheet so you can check the specs:

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/detail_e.php?series=521

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Have this PSU: (click for big)

Any suggestions on hooking up those molex (2 in and 6 out)... prefer to order things from jameco to put on my existing order.

Was thinking of doing individual molex guys to each pin rather than a block (rect.) connector, but what would be best to handle a high enough gauge for that AC line input etc.?

Thanks!

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Have this PSU: (click for big)

Any suggestions on hooking up those molex (2 in and 6 out)... prefer to order things from jameco to put on my existing order.

Was thinking of doing individual molex guys to each pin rather than a block (rect.) connector, but what would be best to handle a high enough gauge for that AC line input etc.?

Thanks!

From poking around the molex site the terminals that would fit inside those connectors are rated at 7A for 18ga wire.

The terminals should be Molex #08-70-1030, and the housing should be Molex #09-50-1021 for the 2P and 09-50-1061 for the 6P. I wasn't seeing the terminals on the jameco site.

I'm not sure if they make single pin connectors of that style. I'm sure you could whip something up though.

I used some like $18 amphenol connectors to hook up some of my stuff. Only thing I found that could handle high currents.

What do you plan on powering with this thing, and what kind of power does it output?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
From poking around the molex site the terminals that would fit inside those connectors are rated at 7A for 18ga wire.

The terminals should be Molex #08-70-1030, and the housing should be Molex #09-50-1021 for the 2P and 09-50-1061 for the 6P. I wasn't seeing the terminals on the jameco site.

I'm not sure if they make single pin connectors of that style. I'm sure you could whip something up though.

I used some like $18 amphenol connectors to hook up some of my stuff. Only thing I found that could handle high currents.

What do you plan on powering with this thing, and what kind of power does it output?

Thanks! Ill see what I can find like that.

For a Hyper64 (rev 1) board. The psu is this one here.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For the aluminum standoffs they are also called hex spacers.

The size I use are 4-40 1/2" and the OD is .187. You can get them at mouser.

GSL

n00b
5 pin din jack:

Mouser part #502-61GB5FX

5pindin.tif

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsUzhEcHltCuQVGZDbU2xeG

For anyone else with a SC200-style power supply: THIS IS NOT THE PART YOU NEED! I just ordered it without thinking and didn't realize the pins for this connector were arrayed in a 240-degree arc, whereas the power supply's pins are in a 180-degree arc. The proper part you need is the 502-57GB5FX.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's a deal if you live in the 48.

Alaska and Hawaii again left out.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
What power supplies are everyone using for 2-slots or 4-slots these days?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What power supplies are everyone using for 2-slots or 4-slots these days?

The ones I have in my store I use on all my CMVS units for the 2 slots +5v@3A. You can get them all over the net. For a 4 slot you need something with more amps though at least 6.

Is this for consolization project?

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Anyone found a good source for S-Video Sockets? Jeff Linked me to a Keystone one, but the postage was OTT, then I found a decent priced one, then found out its double ended.