Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 255

Thread: Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

  1. #51
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    23,914
    At this time I actually don't need any so I can't justify the purchase right now.

  2. #52
    Morden's Lackey

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CO

    Posts
    360
    You could check a Lowes or Home Depot type store for them. I've seen keystone jacks there in the past. Their websites turn up nothing, but their website searches blow in general.

  3. #53
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    23,914
    Anyone know where they sell like a 2 pin plug male and matching female socket?

    Looking for something really small around the size of 1 quick disconnect plug but with 2 pins instead. Max voltage would only be +5v.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Anyone know where they sell like a 2 pin plug male and matching female socket?

    Looking for something really small around the size of 1 quick disconnect plug but with 2 pins instead. Max voltage would only be +5v.
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/8/0...57744378_o.jpg

    There's tons of that on ebay if you search for JST. It's nice because they're already assembled so you don't have to crimp but the wires aren't very long (ca. 150mm). If you need longer wires let me know and I'll think of something else. Here's the datasheet so you can check the specs:

    http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/detail_e.php?series=521

  5. #55
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    For the DB15 ports I use:

    Mouser Part #571-1658615-3
    ouch $6.15 ... wanted to grab some black ones but that's a lot more than my 75 cent jameco guys... hahhah

  6. #56
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Have this PSU: (click for big)

    Any suggestions on hooking up those molex (2 in and 6 out)... prefer to order things from jameco to put on my existing order.

    Was thinking of doing individual molex guys to each pin rather than a block (rect.) connector, but what would be best to handle a high enough gauge for that AC line input etc.?

    Thanks!

  7. #57
    Morden's Lackey

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CO

    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_haozi View Post
    Have this PSU: (click for big)

    Any suggestions on hooking up those molex (2 in and 6 out)... prefer to order things from jameco to put on my existing order.

    Was thinking of doing individual molex guys to each pin rather than a block (rect.) connector, but what would be best to handle a high enough gauge for that AC line input etc.?

    Thanks!
    From poking around the molex site the terminals that would fit inside those connectors are rated at 7A for 18ga wire.

    The terminals should be Molex #08-70-1030, and the housing should be Molex #09-50-1021 for the 2P and 09-50-1061 for the 6P. I wasn't seeing the terminals on the jameco site.

    I'm not sure if they make single pin connectors of that style. I'm sure you could whip something up though.

    I used some like $18 amphenol connectors to hook up some of my stuff. Only thing I found that could handle high currents.

    What do you plan on powering with this thing, and what kind of power does it output?

  8. #58
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by buaku View Post
    From poking around the molex site the terminals that would fit inside those connectors are rated at 7A for 18ga wire.

    The terminals should be Molex #08-70-1030, and the housing should be Molex #09-50-1021 for the 2P and 09-50-1061 for the 6P. I wasn't seeing the terminals on the jameco site.

    I'm not sure if they make single pin connectors of that style. I'm sure you could whip something up though.

    I used some like $18 amphenol connectors to hook up some of my stuff. Only thing I found that could handle high currents.

    What do you plan on powering with this thing, and what kind of power does it output?
    Thanks! Ill see what I can find like that.

    For a Hyper64 (rev 1) board. The psu is this one here.

  9. #59
    Morden's Lackey

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CO

    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_haozi View Post
    Thanks! Ill see what I can find like that.

    For a Hyper64 (rev 1) board. The psu is this one here.

    Ahh cool.

    Poke around this thread...
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=193868&page=3

    I was asking about connectors that could handle high amounts of current. I'd like to find something better than the big ass amphenol connectors. They're like an inch in diameter :P

  10. #60

  11. #61
    Super Spy Agent
    Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA

    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Souriau provides connectors for several applications. Try these sources and check their products.
    http://www.souriau.com/index.php?id=624
    http://www.souriau.com/index.php?id=456
    http://www.souriau-industrial.com/en...anges_overview

    Smith
    Spam?

  12. #62
    Formerly NeoGeeO

    Collaborator
    DewmanSNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    374
    Found another part number for Plastic, DB15, solder-style connectors

    They are a Tyco Connector
    Part #
    5208007-2
    or
    208007-2 (non 6 ROHS - more expensive in my searching)

    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=A34007-ND
    Last edited by DewmanSNK; 06-01-2009 at 11:42 AM.

  13. #63
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeeO View Post
    BUMP!

    Just found a great source for Plastic, DB15, solder-style connectors
    And they are <$5.00 each.

    http://www.ttiinc.com/page/search_ad...gShortname=TYC


    They are a Tyco Connector
    Part #
    5208007-2
    or
    208007-2 (non 6 ROHS - more expensive in my searching)
    Awesome! Great find.. Was just looking this past week for some black ones as well.

  14. #64
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Got mine in today... picked up a bunch of these. Good price. Thanks NeoGeeO.

    Only thing with these are they aren't solder cup... just straight pins out of the back. Wonder if I can just get some crimp straight connectors.

    Think the next time I might just go for the ones that already have the flat cabling attached.

  15. #65

  16. #66
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    23,914
    For the aluminum standoffs they are also called hex spacers.

    The size I use are 4-40 1/2" and the OD is .187. You can get them at mouser.

  17. #67
    New Challenger
    GSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Earth

    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    5 pin din jack:

    Mouser part #502-61GB5FX



    http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...tCuQVGZDbU2xeG
    For anyone else with a SC200-style power supply: THIS IS NOT THE PART YOU NEED! I just ordered it without thinking and didn't realize the pins for this connector were arrayed in a 240-degree arc, whereas the power supply's pins are in a 180-degree arc. The proper part you need is the 502-57GB5FX.

  18. #68
    Registered User Jagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sarasota, FL

    Posts
    47
    http://www.daleproaudio.com/

    free shipping promo going on

    able to get a 5-pin DIN connector for 53 shipped

  19. #69

  20. #70
    Super Spy Agent
    Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA

    Posts
    750
    What power supplies are everyone using for 2-slots or 4-slots these days?

  21. #71
    Jaguar Ninja
    xiao_haozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Posts
    2,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    What power supplies are everyone using for 2-slots or 4-slots these days?
    These guys will work with the 2 slot here

  22. #72
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    23,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    What power supplies are everyone using for 2-slots or 4-slots these days?
    The ones I have in my store I use on all my CMVS units for the 2 slots +5v@3A. You can get them all over the net. For a 4 slot you need something with more amps though at least 6.

    Is this for consolization project?

  23. #73
    Fuck eBay & PayPal
    P00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Up Lily Allen's dress

    Posts
    2,687
    Anyone found a good source for S-Video Sockets? Jeff Linked me to a Keystone one, but the postage was OTT, then I found a decent priced one, then found out its double ended.

  24. #74
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    23,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn00t View Post
    Anyone found a good source for S-Video Sockets? Jeff Linked me to a Keystone one, but the postage was OTT, then I found a decent priced one, then found out its double ended.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=37

    I have a couple, too. I can ship it in the same box as another item if you buy something off my site...lol

  25. #75
    Fuck eBay & PayPal
    P00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Up Lily Allen's dress

    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=37

    I have a couple, too. I can ship it in the same box as another item if you buy something off my site...lol
    Hah yeah, those are the ones Kurtz linked me to, they wanted $60+ just for shipping for 10. Jeff did offer to get me some next time he makes an order, but he doesn't need any yet. Thanks for the link though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •