Need Help Sourcing Parts.....

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
A few more parts questions: I'm thinking of modding my US Tekken V Hori stick with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts,and wondered where a good place is to find those .110 quick disconnects. I just soldered the wires to the terminals on my Agetec stick, which is all well and good until I need to change something. And what's the optimal wire gauge to use for those?

Also, where would I find short plastic risers and accompanying screws? I want to place a sheet or two of acrylic over the exposed parts on my MV1F for looks and to keep the cat from rubbing his face on it, make a semi-enclosed case. I've seen some CMVS' with a similar design in someone's sig here once; I can't find any pictures right now but that was the definite inspiration.

Both of these you should be able to grab at your local hardware store. The disconnects you MIGHT have to grab at a place like radio shack, but I usually get them at the small mom-n-pop hardware shop near my house. Risers and screws you should absolutely be able to get at your hardware store. Mine has a nice selection of plastic, brass, or steel which is nice to give a variety depending on the project.

GSL

n00b
We've got a pretty small Ace Hardware around here and that's it, though there's a Home Depot up the road about 15 miles that ought to be big enough for that sort of thing. Ace and a few other small hardware places in town have quick disconnects, but they only go down to I think .118 (or whatever the size is that fits Happ-style buttons). I haven't seen much in the way of risers at the local places, and their selection of screws gets pretty sparse down in the smaller sizes.

The local Radioshack ("The Shack") is pretty pathetic, though--they do sell quick disconnects, but the only size again is for the American buttons.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Got some of these pots today...

RF166388-01.jpg

Looking for some nice knobs to put on them.

Anyone know the right page at DigiKey for the pot knobs? I take it those are split shafts, so what kind of pot knob will I be looking for exactly, I see grub screw ones and some shafted ones.

TIA

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need to find out the diameter of the shaft. Knobs I think are on the first page in the thread.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
You need to find out the diameter of the shaft. Knobs I think are on the first page in the thread.

Its 6mm dude.

There's a few types, I don't think some will fit properly, plus I'm looking to shop with Digikey not Mouser, parts are abit cheaper at digikey even after getting raped with customs fee's.

famitek

n00b
My AES is missing case screws. Are there replacement screws out there that I can get without having to rethread the holes?

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I'm building a supergun similar to the OP's and I'd like to add RGB level controls. What POTs do you guys use for yours?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Anyone have another source for the S-Video panel mounts with solder cups? RAM Electronics is backordered. I can't seem to find them elsewhere without a minimum order.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Anyone have another source for the S-Video panel mounts with solder cups? RAM Electronics is backordered. I can't seem to find them elsewhere without a minimum order.

Do you need/want gold or not?

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Yeah, i'd prefer gold. I've already got all the other rca jacks in gold.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah, i'd prefer gold. I've already got all the other rca jacks in gold.

Yeah RAM is the only place I know of atm that still carries them....
I woudl either call them and ask how long they expect to be backordered or you could try emailing Jeff Kurtz or Jrok and seeing if they would hook you up.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Yeah, the email said they'd be back in stock on the 28th. I'll try emailing jrok and Jeff

M

mohsin

I was facing the same problem. I tried a lot but was unable to fix the problem. Thanks to your efforts, by reading your posts i am able to handle the problem i was facing. I really appreciate your efforts. thank you.

Venom249

n00b
Saw this thread full of great info hoping for help with audio!

Recently became the proud owner of a dedicated 4 slot MVS, i have what i believe to be 2 separate sound issues. left channel has constant medium level static (performs perfectly in the hardware test however) and the right channel performs perfectly until after about 30+ minutes of playing, at that point it produces a static/garbled noise in place of other sound effects. I did replace audio caps on this system, prior to the cap kit the problem with the right channel was immediate just as the left channel is, now it simply takes longer for the problem to arise.

Also if i place a fan in the back it takes even longer for the right channel problem, but does not affect the left channel's constant static. Speaker is not problem in left channel as switching wire causes same effect on other speaker, also already tested wire to Jamma harness.Maybe this is some type of over heating but what? please send me your suggestions i can't take the bitter sweet 45 min increments of SVC Chaos any longer

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Saw this thread full of great info hoping for help with audio!

Recently became the proud owner of a dedicated 4 slot MVS, i have what i believe to be 2 separate sound issues. left channel has constant medium level static (performs perfectly in the hardware test however) and the right channel performs perfectly until after about 30+ minutes of playing, at that point it produces a static/garbled noise in place of other sound effects. I did replace audio caps on this system, prior to the cap kit the problem with the right channel was immediate just as the left channel is, now it simply takes longer for the problem to arise.

Also if i place a fan in the back it takes even longer for the right channel problem, but does not affect the left channel's constant static. Speaker is not problem in left channel as switching wire causes same effect on other speaker, also already tested wire to Jamma harness.Maybe this is some type of over heating but what? please send me your suggestions i can't take the bitter sweet 45 min increments of SVC Chaos any longer

Wrong thread. Try using the search function and checking for MVS sound issues.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Now that I'm looking for boxes again...any idea what kind of box that is in the first picture, or where to find one?

It looks like a pretty decent size for me.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks! They got some good looking stuff for some other ideas I had too.
Some of the CL series were jumping out at me too, but it looks like a DM-2 might fit my needs pretty well.

I also was thinking about doing a box to hold an arcade psu and an isolation transformer too :P
It's like a portable power supply!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pactec is ok but just remember that their measurements are about 1/4" less than what they say it is.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's good to know. This time around I want something bigger than what I really need, in case I ever want to cram more crap in there. Plus it gives me more wiggle room :)

I don't think I'll ever be totally satisfied...always something to improve.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm out of gold s-video jacks, anyone got a source? Not looking to spend more than ~$3 each hopefully.

RGB32e

n00b
Does anyone purchased replacement volume sliders for the MVS MV-1?

Also, has anyone replaced the volume slider for the headphone jack to provide a fixed output over the headphone output? I have to fiddle and poke my slider control to get the right level of sound from the heaphone jack in both channels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.