Samurai Shodown III Combo videos [Scitron videos from yesteryear]

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
So I got my hands on DVD versions of the old Scitron LaserDiscs that Gamest/Pony Canyon put out for Samurai Shodown 1-4, way back when, and set about ripping them to AVI format. As a sampler, I put out the one for SS4 Haohmaru up on Youtube. If anyone's interested, you can check it out here.

EDIT: Did some reverification... these are Pony Canyon/Scitron, not Gamest.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
you're a better fan than me about it. I just own the old videos.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Thanks for the great vid. I never knew they made this kind of stuff on laserdisc. Keep up the good work!

Deuce

Here's another one... this one of SS3 Genjuro. In other words, a far cooler character than any of you can stomach.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
Here's another one... this one of SS3 Genjuro. In other words, a far cooler character than any of you can stomach.

If you really want to see people shit themselves, put up the unarmed Bust Galford video.

Deuce

Here's SS3 Ukyo...

wasabi said:
If you really want to see people shit themselves, put up the unarmed Bust Galford video.

SS3 or SS4? I forget...

Deuce

That's not entirely true. They manage to do a few surprising things with the POW explode here and there.

Anyhow, Basara's is getting uploaded right now... I'll pop up Galford's next.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
That's not entirely true. They manage to do a few surprising things with the POW explode here and there.

I was being extreme. I know there are some interesting combos in SSIV. But nowhere near as creative as those in SSIII. Bust Galford and Amakusa have the two biggest eye-openers in my opinion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:

Ok, obviously the combos I was looking for weren't in there and I remembered it's because I was thinking about the Scitron video.

Basically, Bust Galford at full pow, you spin behind the opponent and do B, fw+AB and it destroys the opponent. There's also one where unarmed Bust Galford can get behind the opponent and repeatedly pummel the opponent with fw+AB.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Thanks again. :) Would you consider uploading the high quality AVI versions via usenet, torrent, or something? That would be greatly appreciated by myself, and probably many others.

Deuce

The quality doesn't improve all that much. Remember, LDs do not have digital video, only digital audio. The video was recorded using a DVD recorder of some stripe, via an analog connection. I just ripped it to DivX.

And I think the combo you're thinking of, Charles, is in the bonus materials.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Good God, please put some SS2 videos up.
I would gladly let you plow my wife.

Deuce

I'll get some SS2 stuff up soon, though I'll warn you, it's not set up in the same fashion. You generally won't see stuff quite so spectacular.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Does anyone have a VHS that's hooked up to their computer, for old school video ripping?

I have some combo videos that should get ripped.

losgunn

n00b
In the first video posted, the SS4 Haohmaru, why do the life gauges at the top sometimes appear completely empty? Is it a refresh rate thing, or something else? I'm not very well-versed with Samurai Shodown. That 30-hit combo, though. I unfed.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Thanks for sharing the videos.
There's a lot of good stuff on your youtube channel.
I take a look at the KOF2003 top player matches and I really enjoy it. First time I watch so good KOF2003 matches :)