Creating a Bigger and Badder Hanzo

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Creating a Bigger and Badder Hanzo

With the rumors of Samurai Shodown 5 all over the place, I've started to play alot of SamSho lately. And I've noticed something. Well I guess you would think that I'm the best Hanzo player ever because of how much I love the character, I've noticed that I'm "ok" with him lately. I dunno if it's been where I haven't played with the series in awhile or what. So I've been working on it. Like crazy..
But I want to know everyone's Hanzo pointers. Combos, play styles, etc.
I want to be a Hanzo god. :D

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
eight one:
Bakuenryu is your friend.
Haha. Well at least that's something. Doesn't anyone have any other suggestions. Combos? Hell I don't care at this point.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
try using mind games on your opponents. like when you jump on them with slash and they expect another slash do youre piledriver.

sometimes its good to keep youre enemies at a distance. use the slow or mediem fireball attack. if you see enemy blocking dash and do pile driver. if you see them jumping try using yourre super or jump and catch them out of the air when they least expect it with a hard slash. if he tries to counter with his own fireball dissapear and atack from above or down with his disapearing counter move.

its also a good idea to use his vanishing move where you see 2 hanzo's. if youre close do a piledriver and if you are the far hanzo wait untill he attacks the fake hanzo then dash and piledrive him.

when jumping backwards try to trow a few shirukens out of the air. never use this when you jump in a characters direction.

if you get hit try using his counters in different hights. sometimes low sometimes high. mix it up good. never counter in a corner. you might get hard slashed or combod.

now mix all this shit up to the situation youre in. try keeping enemy at distance for mind games and whenn youre close use piledriver any oppurtunity you get.

now go and kill youre enemies lol

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
depends on the game really.

SS1, for almost any character, the trick is timing and distancing. Using Hanzo, I'd always run under jumping characters and hit them w/AB on landing. Lots of jump in SPDs, and of course, an AB shuriken against Gen-An or Jubei after their rush attacks.

SS2, more of the same, but then you can do the SPD off a dash without stuttering.

SSIII - best homecart version of hanzo just for versatility. A bakuenryu can mean just about anything - bakuenryu then dash B, or dash SPD, or dash in and desperation. Mixed with teleports (downx2+a, SPD on an attacking opponent), Hanzo can be really unstoppable.

SSIV - almost as good as SSIII, but doing desperations off dashing isn't fluid. Always remember that his Bakuenryu at full pow launches the opponent, and you MUST pursuit with a jumping C or you've wasted a great oppurtunity. Avoid slash hanzo's C SPD - too time consuming. Bust is better. In fact, bust is better for any game with hanzo and a bust slash choice.