Southeastern VA gathering

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
nice.

im gonna be out of the area for a few days in december, i should be back around christmas eve. so after that, im down.

I had a blast, i was surprised i remembered most of the moves with Zero, man I love that character in that game. I was gonna play geese for a little bit, but having used Zero, it would have been difficult for me to go back to a lower speed. That's why i mostly played kim and Zero. Demitri was funthough, i had never played as demitri before. Overall, everytime i play that game i just like it more.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
I declare we need an HR gathering sometime between Dec. 15th and Jan. 3rd. :cool:

Anyone new or available over winter break? My classes are done on Dec. 14th (thank God it's over!... for now.) and something needs to happen. We have the Richmond auction on the 8th and I have a LAN party on the 1st (anyone free?) but other than those days I'm studying and writting papers til the 14th. Shoot a PM or post a follow-up.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
ill be back here Christmas eve, i won't be in the area from the 10th, i might have a dinner with one of my coworkers for christmas day.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
alright, ill throw it out there.
Dec. 29th
if topher is up for it we can have it at his place, or if everyone wants to drive to bum fuck egypt, we can do it at my place in gloucester (ive got a candy cab and an AES)

lets try and make something happen.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
max 330 mega said:
alright, ill throw it out there.
Dec. 29th
if topher is up for it we can have it at his place, or if everyone wants to drive to bum fuck egypt, we can do it at my place in gloucester (ive got a candy cab and an AES)

lets try and make something happen.
Well, you're about 75 minutes away from me and Chris is 15-20 minutes up the road. I could go wondering around Newport News and Hampton game/music shopping (seen some good places, never spent real time digging around) early on a Saturday later this month and swing by.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
December 29th is a good date for the official gathering. My work week ends on Christmas day, so if anyone wants to come by and hang out the 26, 27, or 28, just drop me a PM or call me.

My place is fine and I have no time constraints. Just let me know if that's cool with you guys. J. Bogard, did you pick up an AES? If so would you mind bringing it so we have more systems opened up?

Max Mega, would you mind bringing yours as well? Will nubcakes be making an appearance as well?

I'll supply chicken wings, pizza, chips, beer, and soda.

Also, I will have new sticks and buttons in the other 2 cabs, so outside of monitor size there will be no advantages in one cab over another.

I think we need to have a few tourneys set up with rankings posted here. What do you guys think about that?

And finally, the more the better. Skill levels are all over the place, so if you haven't shown up because you are intimidated, don't let that stop you. We have a really good time.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
im down for rankings, you know whatever....

other than that, i should be bringing my AES when i come back from TX. i will be bringing that and maybe 2 MVS that i have. about 2k2 on MVS, ill see what's the status on that when i get there the 10th.

for the AES though, i might have no controllers (long story) or games, so im pretty sure only 1 will do, as long as we have controllers (speaking of which i have a pretty extensive collection of PS2 sticks, let me know what's up and ill see if i can bring 1, 2 or whatever).

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
nubcakes, and possibly my other friend hoseph (joey) may come with me.
im down for rankings, though i know ill take last since i cant do shit on a big red cab (i exclusively play seimitsu sticks so i have a hard time with the larger throw sticks)
itll be definite fun though, i can bring one new style stick to hook up to j. bogard's AES, and i can bring whatever MVS titles i have that you dont have (if any)

cool, ill post back in a week or so and keep everybody updated with who all ill be bringing.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
J.B. I currently have the PS2 hooked up, so if you want to bring the ps2 sticks thats cool. I'll have to find where my son hid my PS games though.

Sounds like we are going to have a good turn out! Looking forward to seeing you again Max.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yeah, and this time i wont sound like a freak because of having laryngitis!! lol

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
ill see if i can take kof XI and Accent Core along with SFAC. It won't matter though, ill probly find myself playing a lot of chaos...

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
Good times. I'm trying to see who else can make it to the gathering. Mike can make it and there are a few others that don't know if they'll be stuck on base.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The more the merrier Cyber. I'm looking forward to jamming out on MD3 against Mike again. He got the concept and gameplay down quick.

I won a 8-in-1 cart from a yaton ebay auction, so the following games are now added to the library:

KOF 2002 MAGIC II
KOF 2002 SUPER
NEO BOMBER MAN
DOUBLE DRAGON PLUS
KOF 10TH UNIQUE II
THE ULTIMATE 11
KING OF GLADIATOR (KOF 97 HACK VERSION)
PUZZLE BOBBLE

I picked it up as I'm procuring a 1 slot cab for my boss to give to his kids for christmas, so I'm throwing in the PB cart I own and this will replace it nicely as they are both bootylicious.

I figured this way I could also play around with some of the hard to find boots as well.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Nubcakes said:
I'll be there!

Cool. My buddy James is coming over also.

Samurai Shodown 1 is now in the collection, Blues Journey is gone.

New tatio cabinet with a 1 slot was just added to the collection as well. So there are still 3 working neo cabs and a xenophobe cab.

Should be a good time. There will be plenty of stuff to keep people busy.

Since nothing came of my rankings subforum suggestion, results will be posted here.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
There may be some others comming on the 29th I got in touch with from college. They aren't the best at fighters but they'll give it a shot and look forward to a few other game challenges. :cool:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i got you 2k2 althought it's a bootleg its pretty much the same version, only difference is you can choose kusanagi and rugal.

call me later today.

i saw my schedule i won't be able to do it on the 25 or 29 or the 2nd, sorry guys....

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
jeff bogard said:
i got you 2k2 althought it's a bootleg its pretty much the same version, only difference is you can choose kusanagi and rugal.

call me later today.

i saw my schedule i won't be able to do it on the 25 or 29 or the 2nd, sorry guys....

That sucks that you won't be able to make it. I'll give you a call around noon.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
As a couple of you guys know, my grandmother passed away last night @ 7:15pm. I still plan on having everyone over, however I am going to have to ask everyone to be out by 10pm on saturday. I have to go to the airport with my mom to pick up some relatives that are flying in from Cali and their flight is scheduled in at 11:00pm.

If this is going to cause some problems, then let me know and we can reschedule for sunday. I know J. Bogard has a work conflict on saturday and will not be able to make it, but he is free on sunday.

I was thinking anytime after 2pm on saturday would be good if the 2p - 10p time frame is good for everyone.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
its fine for me. nubcakes cant make it cuz he has to work but i bringing my friends joey and jason. shooting you a pm now topher to get your address again.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Had time for a butt load of game playing and only 2 competitions. Didn't realize competitions take so long :lolz:

8 player competition only top 3 spots posted

KOF 98:
1. Joey
2. Jason
3. Max_mega

MD3:
1. Max_mega
2. Topher
3. Nubcakes

Had a great time guys, looking forward to the next meet up!!!
Nubcakes was kicking ass with Iori in SVC and KOF 2K2.
Great windjammers action all around.
The MD3 competion was more fierce then expected by all players.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
Sorry I wasn't much of a competition, I forgot all about dropping some antibiotics off at my grandparents house before hand. By the time I was on my way back it was Game Over! I met up with the others at Replays and continued off into the night, later crashing at Mike's place and wondering home to what's now 1am. My brother wants the laptop back to play some more Battlefield 1942 so I'll just leave with requesting a second shot sometime in the next few months to come.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
hey wsp, hope you liked that game i promised you for a while topher.....

anyway i was reviewing some competition, and ill send you those pics later tonight

peace

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I was playing it alot and then I got Marvel vs SF in the mail. That's been taking up my time the rest of the week. I was planning on jamming out on 2K2 over the weekend and hitting magfest, but lots of stuff came up at work so most of my time was spent at the plant over the weekend. I hate construction projects at the plant. The schematics for the plant are really outdated and are the only ones we have, so lots of power and instrument lines have a tendencay to get broken by the construction crew working out here and they don't realize the implications of their actions (we have certain plant requirments mandated by the state that have to be met for the public safety, broken instrument lines make that VERY hard).

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
good deal, let me know when the next get together is gonna be....

peace