Southeastern VA gathering

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
topher said:
If anyone wants to get together at my place today (Sunday 9/23/07), let me know. I'll be around with plenty of beer. Jeff Bogard will probably swing by. Got some Magical Drop3 now also. This is my friday at work, 3 days off after 7 straight days of work, so I'm ready to party.
I'd so love to go out today but I'm finishing up the cleaning on my room then I get to begin studying for a test tomorrow, write up a paper and need to read a few short stories. My god this weekend has flown by but I should be free next weekend still.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
cyberfluxor said:
I'd so love to go out today but I'm finishing up the cleaning on my room then I get to begin studying for a test tomorrow, write up a paper and need to read a few short stories. My god this weekend has flown by but I should be free next weekend still.

This coming weekend is out -- I am working 11:30 to 23:30 saturday and sunday. Once we get into October, my saturdays and weekdays are booked through the first weekend in January. It'll be time to put down the joysticks and pick up my bow, deer season is upon us Virginians once again :drool:. If I'm not in the woods then it's family time to make up for my time in the woods. Sundays will be clear as long as I'm not working.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
there sure are, you ought to come to one of the meetups.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
pretty good garou sessions on sunday man...

man MD3 is sure one intense game, the speed of the game is twice or more, and more demanding than puzzle fighter....

wish it gets a handheld release for the newest consoles.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
I might be going to FantaSci 6 this Saturday, not sure yet. Sunday I will be at the beach front getting pizza and hanging out at Flippers to get in some deserved arcade action. :cool: If anyone ineeds info about FantaSci here's some info:
http://events.hamptonroads.com/event_details.cfm?e=56841

Let me know if anyone's going or if you want to hit up the beach arcade.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
jeff bogard said:
pretty good garou sessions on sunday man...

man MD3 is sure one intense game, the speed of the game is twice or more, and more demanding than puzzle fighter....

wish it gets a handheld release for the newest consoles.

It is a fast game, once you start seeing the patterns the speed becomes alot more manageable. One thing that seems to get people is that if there are already 3 or more same colored ballons then you can pull them straight down and send them straight back up and move on. The other big thing is quickly setting up potential combos then executing them for chain bonuses in the alloted time frame of 1/2 sec between each pop animation.

I just bought a full size marquee so that I can turn my empty jamma cab into a dedicated MD3 cab, that my friends, is how hooked on this game I am.

Also, there are a few portable versions (GBC, NGPC) and PSX versions (Magical Drop 3 + Wonderful and Magical Drop F).

cyberfluxor said:
I might be going to FantaSci 6 this Saturday, not sure yet. Sunday I will be at the beach front getting pizza and hanging out at Flippers to get in some deserved arcade action. :cool: If anyone ineeds info about FantaSci here's some info:
http://events.hamptonroads.com/event_details.cfm?e=56841

Let me know if anyone's going or if you want to hit up the beach arcade.

If I wasn't stuck at work approx 10 minute drive from the beach flippers I'd meet you up there. When I was there on Sept 16, I dropped about 5$ into the Monster Bash pinball table. That table is slick. The 4 slot neo they got is mucked up on the P1 side (up registers about every fourth time hit), so playing SS2 sucked when I am so used to playing the game with working controls.
You ought to check out the Flippers ouside of Military Circle Mall -- lots more games and generally more people as you don't have to pay for parking. During the week there is usually some pretty good SFCE competition. Not too much neo competition though as the controls are screwed up there as well.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
topher said:
If I wasn't stuck at work approx 10 minute drive from the beach flippers I'd meet you up there. When I was there on Sept 16, I dropped about 5$ into the Monster Bash pinball table. That table is slick. The 4 slot neo they got is mucked up on the P1 side (up registers about every fourth time hit), so playing SS2 sucked when I am so used to playing the game with working controls.
You ought to check out the Flippers ouside of Military Circle Mall -- lots more games and generally more people as you don't have to pay for parking. During the week there is usually some pretty good SFCE competition. Not too much neo competition though as the controls are screwed up there as well.
Ahh. Well, Chicho's gives free parking to customers and I walk up the beat from there to the arcade. I should have warned you about the 4-slot, the P1 has been like that since I've been going there for nearly 3 years now. If you go to the 1-slot machine with BAM2 you'll see the high scores and at #1 with over 7 million points MRC (me) for over a year now and the next up is just over 5 million points. There's a police officer that's ALWAYS in there on Sunday playing BAM2 on the other NG machine which baffles the hell out of me why he doesn't try to go up against my score.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I kow that P1 side has been damaged for a while, just keep popping quarters in it every now and then with the hopes it's been fixed. Generally it's straight pinball when I'm in there.

Anyway, I should be free saturday or sunday evening -- probably going to bush gardens (hallowscream) one of those days. I don't know if I'll be hitting flippers though. Got my deer on weds evening, so I'm done with the woods until the temp drops to <50. Can't deal with anymore snakes or ticks this year. Saw too many snakes while I was out there and had a garter snake drop down on me while I was tracking my deer (glad it was only a garter and not a cottonmouth or copperhead!)

Hey Jeff, I haven't been able to check out those game stores yet so we'll have to try to fit that n soon.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Well, it looks like I'm in all weekend. Anyone wants to come by, let me know.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
I might give you a ring. It's 2:30 in the morning right now and Sunday is up in the air at the moment. I need some sleep, it's been a long day.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Hey Matt, I think I got into some poison ivy or something, here's a pic of my arm. Not sure if you want to still come over or not, I'm going to give you a call. Just want to let you know what you might be getting into.

There are actually more bumps then the picture indicates (camera phone), like I said, I'm really not sure what it is. I was cleaning out some bushes today and running around in the woods on thursday, so it could be chiggers or poison ivy/oak/whatever. Anyway, I'll give you a call.

edit:
removed pictures, and looking to get together this coming sunday but anyone that comes over needs to leave by 9:30pm -- got work sunday night.

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
hey, what's up.

yeah, sorry i couldnt make it. i had thigns going on this weekend.

i should be good to go for this upcoming weekend, let me know what's up.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
jeff bogard said:
hey, what's up.

yeah, sorry i couldnt make it. i had thigns going on this weekend.

i should be good to go for this upcoming weekend, let me know what's up.

Hey Jeff, you didn't miss anything this weekend. Apparently I got into some poison shit or some chiggers when I was out hunting. Had bumps popping up like crazy all over my arms. I really think they were chiggers cause I was down in some weeds trailing my deer through some thick brush and woods. Long story short, I told Matt to hold off coming over since I wasn't sure what I had and didn't want to spread anything around.

I'll give you a call saturday morning (around 10:30am or so) and find out what's good for you.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting together Saturday evening after 6:30. I'll be in the woods from 2 - 5:30 so anything earlier then 6:30 is out of the question. I have no plans saturday night so I won't have to kick you guys out early.
You know the deal -- 3 neo cabs and lots of games.

So far it looks like 6 - 8 people are coming, if anyone else wants to come, post here or send me a PM and I'll get you the address and phone #.

Jeff, you got a PM. Everyone wants to see the master in action and it would be great to see you again, it's been too long since we've hung out.

Let me know what you guys want to see in the cabs and I'll have the carts loaded and ready to go. I've got 5 empty slots to fill (or 8 if you don't mind not having any sound on one of the cabs, so let me know if you want the no sound 4 slot in one cab or a with sound 1 slot in that cab).

The updated MVS game list is as follows:
Garou MOTW
Magician Lord
BB Stars 2
Windjammers
LB1 & 2
FF1 & 2
RBFFS
KOF 95, 97, 98, 99, 03
SVC
SS2 & 3
Kizuna
Sidekicks 3
DD
ROTD
Matrimelee
Spinmasters
S Dodge Ball
NiTD
Magical Drop 3
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle De Pon
Blues Journey
Gowcaizer
NTM
Slug 1
Shock Troopers
Nam 75
WH
WH2
WH2 Jet
WHP
Sengoku 3

edit: At least one of you guys is going to play some air hockey with me. That 9' table isn't in the game room for looks :lolz: . Also Cyber, PM me and let me know who all is coming with you. I'm awful with names, so it's good to have the quick name refresher.

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
ill be there this weekend. Just give me a call when you're there. BTW, i got a new cel, ill send it to you via PM...

peace

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
jeff bogard said:
ill be there this weekend. Just give me a call when you're there. BTW, i got a new cel, ill send it to you via PM...

peace

Cool! I don't think I'll go hunting saturday afternoon, I think I'm going out in the a.m. instead so it won't interfere with the evening plans.

Hey Cyber, I haven't heard from you yet. I'll give you a call this evening to make sure you guys are still coming by.

Anyone else interested? Drop me a PM or post here.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
topher said:
Hey Cyber, I haven't heard from you yet. I'll give you a call this evening to make sure you guys are still coming by.
Yup. Like I said Mike should be alright but he has work til 4 or 5, don't remember. There might be a 3rd person but it's doubtful, I'll let you know if it happens though before hand.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Ok, we got me 4 confirmed here and at least 2 non board members showing up.
Up to 6 now.

As far as the games go, thses are the games I would like to see some good competition on:

MD3
MOTW
KOF98 & or 99
RBFFS
Matrimelee

I'm looking forward to taking Mike on again with MD3, he was getting pretty good last time he was over. Speaking of Mike, why isn't he a member here yet?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
TornadoFlame is now confirmed also via pm!

Should be a good showing with some good competition.

Anyone else???

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
topher said:
TornadoFlame is now confirmed also via pm!

Should be a good showing with some good competition.

Anyone else???

can't wait to get raped on MD3

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
jeff bogard said:
can't wait to get raped on MD3

:)

Man, I'm stuck at work right now and bored as hell. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I get tired playing cpu vs matches.
Mike got pretty good after a few hours playing, so there should be some good competition there on MD.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I had a good time guys, thanks for entertaining me! Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves as well.

Jeff, thanks for showing me the right speed to unlock chars in SVC, I was putting the code in way to fast initially -- I didn't get to bed till about 7am playing with Demetri. I got his 2 normal specials down, but can only get the exceed to come out on ocassion in the middle of throwing out a ton of fireballs :hcf: :A: :B: :C: :D: .

Cyber, thanks for the power supplies, back ups are always good to have on hand.

Also, max_mega says he might should be able to make a gathering around christmas, so that will bump up the number for that gathering.