Hyper 64 rev2 images (large post)

Pas

Camel Slug
Here are a few images I took of my new NeoGeo Hyper 64 motherboards. Sorry for the poor quality but its nasty and raining/hailing here today and the interior lighting of my house is very poor for taking pics. I will try finding a friend with a scanner to scan in the manual for me...unfortunatly I dont think my camera will take good enough pics...at least not today.

General images of the board:
IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

The Jamma/MVS switches
IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

The random 4 dip switch I havent figured out yet and the description from the manual (note second manual image is just to the right of the first as if in another column)
IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Do those inputs on the front interface with the neo candies?

-Bill

Pas

Camel Slug
Im not really sure what all the extra pins and ports are for yet...havent had a chance to try and track traces down to see if they intersect other known traces yet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
billd420 said:
Do those inputs on the front interface with the neo candies?

-Bill

Ya, so what are those molex connectors for?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Pas said:
The random 4 dip switch I havent figured out yet and the description from the manual (note second manual image is just to the right of the first as if in another

It says "Dipswitch: Unused."

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
billd420 said:
You mean Amp connectors. Those aint molex...

Ya sorry, I was shopping for Molex connectors at the time...lol

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
You mean Amp connectors. Those aint molex...

You mean JST connectors. Those aint Amp...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
haha you guys are funny. I just noticed that on the Rev 1 board those 4 dips are in the on position but on Rev2 they're off and they dont have any jumpers either.

Pas

Camel Slug
Next time I have the board hooked up I will try switching the positions on the dips. I have read some rumers that they can throw it into some testing and option modes but it will be interesting to see if anything actually happens. As for the white plastic connnectors (not real important to me who made them;) ) I have not found any continuity with them and the jamma harness other than the grounds which of course are all linked. I am still trying to get a hold of a scanner to get the manual scanned....maybe it will shed some light on them.

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
The Molex / AMP / JST connectors aren't connected to anything. Also here's high-res pics of pages 5 & 6 from the manual, which covers those switches if anyone wants to translate.

Page 5

Page 6

-Kickin' Wing

Deuce

Here's your basic translation. All I have time for right now.

1 - 3.96 pitch 56-pin JAMMA edge connector
2 - Cartridge connector
3 - Vs. harness connector
4 - Lock lever
5 - Volume
6 - JAMMA/MVS Switch A
7 - JAMMA/MVS Switch B
8 - Non-functional
9-12 - Expansion Ports
13 - Dipswitch (unused)
14 - Push Lever (press to remove cartridge)
15 - Expansion Port

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
im guessing those extra connectors are for the driving and shooting games? for controls and other stuff.

what about that hyper 64 vs cab with the little lcd and the camera, does that use the hyper to work?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
im guessing those extra connectors are for the driving and shooting games? for controls and other stuff.

what about that hyper 64 vs cab with the little lcd and the camera, does that use the hyper to work?

There are 4 known types of Neogeo Hyper64 motherboard available;
"Fighting" boards will ONLY play the fighting games, there are 2 revisions of this board, the second revision had a standard neogeo harness instead of a custom one.
"Racing" boards will ONLY play the 2 racing games.
"Shooter" boards will ONLY play Beast Busters: Second Nightmare.
"Korean" boards will ONLY play the 2 Samurai Shodown games.
If you put a game cartridge in a motherboard that does not support it, it will report a (MACHINE CODE ERROR). If you have the racing board and do not connect all of the analog inputs before bootup it will also throw up an error.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Man, I definitely know which board I would buy.

Obviously the fighting one. I would like to try the racing games, but somehow I don't think it would be worth buying a board just for that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There was a Beast Busters on ebay about 1 week ago, I should have got it but cant be buying all kinds of stuff until I go back to work. It only went for about $40 too. Game and mobo.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
There was a Beast Busters on ebay about 1 week ago, I should have got it but cant be buying all kinds of stuff until I go back to work. It only went for about $40 too. Game and mobo.
Holy fucking shit. Are they just not high in demand?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
So Hyper 64 games and boards are highly sought after (probably more so games). I really wish there was a compilation of Hyper 64 games made for a current gen console. I would pay good money for that. Samurai Shodown 64, Samurai Shodown 64 Warrior's Rage, Buriki One, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, those would definitely be good times.

Deuce

According to an interview with Falcoon a couple of years ago, SNKP would like to do exactly that, but the source code to all of the Hyper games was lost in the great shuffle of 2000, so it's sadly not possible.

It sure would be nice to be able to play the SS64 games without having to lug out the Hyper system...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
According to an interview with Falcoon a couple of years ago, SNKP would like to do exactly that, but the source code to all of the Hyper games was lost in the great shuffle of 2000, so it's sadly not possible.

It sure would be nice to be able to play the SS64 games without having to lug out the Hyper system...
Man, that really sucks that they would lose something like that. I wish there was some way they could do it. Oh well.