A quick hello and a noob UniBios question

Crowquill

n00b
Hey! I've lurked around here periodically, but finally joined up.

Like many people these days, I got started with emulators and then worked up to a JAMMA cabinet where I swap out PCBs. At a recent auction I have now fulfilled my dream of owning a MVS cabinet (2-slot dedicated) as well. ($50 with a dead monitor and no power supply, but included Bust-A-Move and 3 count bout).

Does the UniBios give you a way to disable the splash screen? I've seen a few things hinting that it does, but nothing that states it directly. If I'm going to put in a new monitor I'd rather avoid the Neo-Geo logo burning into the tube like it did on the old one.

I'm handy with Adobe Illustrator so I plan on redrawing the control panel overlay as well as the memory card/headphone stickers. These PDFs will be available for download soon.

Cool man.... lemme know when you get some stuff posted... as I would like to recut my headphone sticker in vinyl

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Crowquill said:
Does the UniBios give you a way to disable the splash screen? I've seen a few things hinting that it does, but nothing that states it directly. If I'm going to put in a new monitor I'd rather avoid the Neo-Geo logo burning into the tube like it did on the old one.

AFAIK it doesnt. I remember only that if you pause it with the in game menu up theres a screensaver or something but never heard anything about disabling the splash screen. Try PMing or posting this in the Unibios thread in Tech Support.

Crowquill

n00b
Xian Xi said:
AFAIK it doesnt. I remember only that if you pause it with the in game menu up theres a screensaver or something but never heard anything about disabling the splash screen. Try PMing or posting this in the Unibios thread in Tech Support.

I'll try posting over there. Maybe it's just considered to be part of the MVS experience to have the NeoGeo screen pop up every minute or so. The screen burn probably doesn't matter that much since the new monitor will probably never leave the MVS cab.