Final Fantasy IV remake for DS

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I agree on the difficulty. It has seemed harder in many spots.

I'm way behind everyone else in progress though. I just beat the Dark Elf. Even with all my characters in the low to mid-30's, only Cecil survived the fight, and only because of his high amount of mana. I would have him attack, spend two rounds casting Cura on himself, then attacking again.

I'm determined to finish it regardless, even if I have to go grind a bunch of levels before continuing onward.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Out of everyone I'm probably the slowest so far. I just beat Cagnazzo on the third try; character levels: Cecil 20, Yang 26, Telah 26, Palom 27, Porom 27. Now I'm off to the Dark Elf, yipee.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I finished the game about a week ago.

Final summation? Absolutely awesome. I loved every second of it except some of the hard level grinding near the end. I will definitely be replaying this game multiple times in the near future.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I remember in the original FFIV it was possible to learn summons for every non-boss monster in the game. I believe all you needed to do was fight a certain monster type over and over again, until they'd drop a special item you'd use on Rydia to learn how to summon said monster.

Nah, there's only three extra summons you can learn: Imp, Cockatrice, and Mage.

And they're worthless.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Went out and got a DS and this game - After about an hour I'm through the mist cave...

Great presentation!

Love this game...

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Nah, there's only three extra summons you can learn: Imp, Cockatrice, and Mage.

And they're worthless.
Thanks for getting back to me, Hentai Sama and ki_atsushi. I had tried scanning various GameFAQs pages and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Went out and got a DS and this game - After about an hour I'm through the mist cave...

Great presentation!

Love this game...

Now that you have a DS again, keep an eye on Chrono Trigger DS, due out later this year. It's not a "remake" like FFIV DS is, but still and awesome fucking game.