MV-1C consolization question

retronerd

New Challenger
Thanks! when i do the stereo mod, can i still use the mono sound from the jamma connector?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
No. The mono sound comes from a mix from the pre-amp going to the power amplifier. If you want mono, pull stereo properly and mix it down to mono outside the unit.

retronerd

New Challenger
I get som High annoying noise specially on the test screen if i dont have an cartridge inserted, can this be fixed?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I get som High annoying noise specially on the test screen if i dont have an cartridge inserted, can this be fixed?

Either increase the size of your ground wires or lower the brightness of the video output.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Xian, you mentioned in another thread that if you use the same ground for audio and video, it can be noisy, so you like pull the audio and video ground from opposite ends of the board. Where do you recommend tapping audio and video ground from?

What about if I just want to use a standard Neo Geo 8-pin DIN for A/V? in that case, audio and video have to share ground. Is one then doomed to a noisy video signal?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Xian, you mentioned in another thread that if you use the same ground for audio and video, it can be noisy, so you like pull the audio and video ground from opposite ends of the board. Where do you recommend tapping audio and video ground from?

What about if I just want to use a standard Neo Geo 8-pin DIN for A/V? in that case, audio and video have to share ground. Is one then doomed to a noisy video signal?

Nah, I learned from MKL that ground is ground. The noise problem I was having was from a bad cap on the board not filtering as it should have been. I just connect them all together and use a single ground point, just make sure the wire is big enough, I usually use a minimum of 22awg.

retronerd

New Challenger
Ive only connect ground to pin 18 is that enough?

MsEY1gW.png

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's fine as long as all the other grounds are connected to 18.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
An CRT TV European RGB.

If it's a SCART tv then you only need one ground since they're all connected. Noise is most likely from the video being too bright. Add more resistance to the RGB lines. 75/100ohm should be fine.

retronerd

New Challenger
Thanks! Seems to work:)

One more question! Im going to do the battery mod, is it just to desolder these three components and solder a new CR2032 battery?
I8ViF6v.jpg

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I believe you just need to remove D5, that would disable the charging circuit effectively. Removing the rest of the components will not make it any more disconnected.