Rate it! : Super Dodgeball edition

Rate it! : Super Dodgeball edition

• Total voters

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
always wondered about the quality of this game as i think it is fairly difficult to find. opinions?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
jonny419 said:
always wondered about the quality of this game as i think it is fairly difficult to find. opinions?

I thought it was a lot of fun. Of course, like most games, it is best when you play against another person.

Oddly enough, about two years back, brand new kits were in the $130 range. I don't remember where I purchased mine (Either at the Neo Store or Arcade Shock) but they had more than 5 on hand.

The game looks pretty good and plays well, so if you like quick pick up and play games, you really can't go wrong. IMO For me though, it wasn't a game I would play for more than 20 mins at a time.

One of my many games that I sold off:crying:

Kind of on topic, it is really too bad that all of the stock levels are so low at the few places that carry Neo stuff. A couple years back the sites that carried Neo (MVS, CD, AES) had pages full of great stuff. While I understand how the new stock would decrease, I wonder what happened to all of the used stuff and why they don't carry it any more. Now, most places have, maybe a page now. Whichs leaves Ebay as one of the main places to buy from, which sucks.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
9. Fucking fantastic. One of the most fun neo games by far.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This was actually my very first Neo game for my P-1, its a somewhat fun game but when you play either single or versus the replay value starts to taper off rather quickly. When I had the cart I played it a total of maybe 5 times with a total of maybe 6 hours and that was it.

I recommend it if you can get it at a great price which to me is $80 or less for a legit one. I think this is also the only game where even a boot is hard to find but do exist.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I gave it a 8 pretty good for another RCR spin off.

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
7 - A decent game, but I find the original arcade/NES SDB game to be more fun.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Got an 8 from me.

I still prefer windjammers for 2 player, but this is up there as one of the better "unique" neo games.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I gave it an 8. I just learned how to play this game and I really enjoyed it. Just another game on my want list now..haha

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game is top of the line for me, everything about it is awsome, even the tranny!:lolz:

Man I use to have some heated matches in Florida with my best pal over there. I'm trying to get a friend here to play for some fierce competition, but he's just not getting into it.:crying: Man up DZ!

Now this is a game for tournaments!

Oh yeah I forgot, I gave it a 10!

Tomcat> Is you and me brother!

Last edited:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Never really enjoyed it much. Foreversublime is a huge fan. I remember it being a big hit at a Neo get together at Saturngamers house a few years back.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Not a bad family game to play. I only gave it 6, but still its good to play with family and friends.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Hi Lee! Good to see you. Hope all is well.

I'm a fan of the game. There's a lot to like about it - the sprites, the "ack! I can't believe I screwed up that catch!" kind of fun. The moves are quite limited for the tastes of most Neo-Geo [fighting game] fans, however, so the lack of variety turns it much more into a mind game between 2 human players, and any strategies you come up with (or I've been able to think of) can be immediately copied by your opponent regardless of their skill level.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
so the lack of variety turns it much more into a mind game between 2 human players, and any strategies you come up with (or I've been able to think of) can be immediately copied by your opponent regardless of their skill level.

That's precisely the best part of it, the freaking anticipation of each move, damn the pressure is just unbeliveable! a mind game indeed!