Rate It!: Ghostlop Edition

Ghostlop is a

• Total voters

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
One of the best games on the Neo.

We're four years past the drama now, so you should play it and give an honest opinion on the game.

Personally I would say the only other Neo puzzle game that can top it is Magical Drop 3.

1 Player is a little easy, but has random secret characters, alternate endings, and isn't a total bore to play even by yourself.

2 Player is a blast, absolutely great system similar to MD3 that brings in a score element, but also every match can last long enough to get very intense with huge combo chains and line drops.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I gave it an 8, when I made the conversion I thought the game was great but I thought that if they made it where there was 4 different colored balls the game could have been even better. :A: :B: :C: :D:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I gave it an 8, I thought it was an excellent game. I purchased it off Ebay and then later sold it here, when I cleared out some of my higher dollar MVS stuff.

I had a lot of fun with the game and the two player mode was great.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I gave it an 8 because I'm more of a MD3 kind of guy, but is most defenately my second favorite puzzle game for the neo.

Xian Xi> 4 colors man my head would explode!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'd like to know the production history of the Ghostlop carts.
I always hear people say they printed their own ghostlop art and I think, ehhh..

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I always hear people say they printed their own ghostlop art and I think, ehhh..

When I purchased mine off ebay it came with a home made MM. It really wasn't that bad considering some of the MM out there are horrible. I really haven't Ghostlop offered that often, the one I picked up had a fairly low BIN. I sold it here for about what I paid.

lithy

20 Year Member
LoneSage said:

Just for starters

lithy's Ghostlop mini
ghostlopmini.jpg

HPMAN's Ghostlop mini
ghostlop1.jpg

neo-ced's Ghostlop mini
glop-marquee.jpg

I have someone asking about the art set I made, which includes mini, 2 flyers, dip settings sheet, cab sticker, and cart sticker. So I'm gonna upload all that when I get back tonight. I based the design off of the Magical Drop 2 art set which was released in the same year that Ghostlop would have been. All Data East art sets use those little 'comic bubbles' so I was going more for what I thought a real Data East produced art set might have looked like rather than what I thought looked great. But in any case I still think mine looks great.

I also have scans of the HPMAN mvs kit art which was two flyers and a mini. They produced either 5 or 10 MVS kits to sell, 10 US home carts, and 10 JPN home carts. The home carts had inserts in new style cases and I believe manuals. Not sure completely what the MVS kits included as far as a box, cart sticker, etc.

I printed mine up real nice on Kinko's glossy paper stock, but have since sold it, not sure who has it anymore.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Gave it a 7. It stands as third in my list of favorite puzzlers.

MD3
MPE
Then Ghostlop
Pochi
Everything else

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
lithy said:
Just for starters

lithy's Ghostlop mini
ghostlopmini.jpg

HPMAN's Ghostlop mini
ghostlop1.jpg

neo-ced's Ghostlop mini
glop-marquee.jpg

I have someone asking about the art set I made, which includes mini, 2 flyers, dip settings sheet, cab sticker, and cart sticker. So I'm gonna upload all that when I get back tonight. I based the design off of the Magical Drop 2 art set which was released in the same year that Ghostlop would have been. All Data East art sets use those little 'comic bubbles' so I was going more for what I thought a real Data East produced art set might have looked like rather than what I thought looked great. But in any case I still think mine looks great.

I also have scans of the HPMAN mvs kit art which was two flyers and a mini. They produced either 5 or 10 MVS kits to sell, 10 US home carts, and 10 JPN home carts. The home carts had inserts in new style cases and I believe manuals. Not sure completely what the MVS kits included as far as a box, cart sticker, etc.

I printed mine up real nice on Kinko's glossy paper stock, but have since sold it, not sure who has it anymore.

Very nice gypsy!

lithy

20 Year Member
Is there anyone that I can send my Ghostlop Art Set to that would host it or at least hold it for the community more reliably than I can?

Unfortunately I can't locate my cab sticker file, did anyone happen to save it from this thread? It might be on the other computer...but I doubt it :(

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104728

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
lithy said:
Is there anyone that I can send my Ghostlop Art Set to that would host it or at least hold it for the community more reliably than I can?

Unfortunately I can't locate my cab sticker file, did anyone happen to save it from this thread? It might be on the other computer...but I doubt it :(

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104728

I can lithy, just email it to me. A couple of us (Aaron D, myself) have been working on a pretty massive MM archive. People's heads will explode when they see how complete it is :)

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I voted a 9 since I have yet to play the game through & finish it.
Honestly one of my favorite games on the neo. As if the gameplays not solid & fun enough the music & atmosphere top it all off nicely.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I voted 7.

For me, that's quite high for a puzzler. I'd say it's in the top 3 on the neo with magical drop 3 and bust a move again.

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
lithy said:
I have someone asking about the art set I made, which includes mini, 2 flyers, dip settings sheet, cab sticker, and cart sticker.

Were these every uploaded somewhere? been going through a bunch of old posts, and can't find this anywhere...thanks

Fighter123

Banned
I like neo-ced's mini the best.

Mess up with the poll. By accident I voted three (when I should voted for eight).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What's the drama from 4 years ago that would keep you from liking the game?

The cart I got from ebay UK a year ago came with HPMAN's mini.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I revoke my rating from a few months ago....

This game is excellent, probably a solid 9.:buttrock:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wonder if this game will ever show up legitimately released, like on the Wii Virtual Console, Gametap, or on XBox Live Arcade or something. That would be very interesting. I'm just glad I am able to enjoy the game on the true hardware it was intended for.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
I wonder if this game will ever show up legitimately released, like on the Wii Virtual Console, Gametap, or on XBox Live Arcade or something. That would be very interesting. I'm just glad I am able to enjoy the game on the true hardware it was intended for.

I seriously doubt it will ever be released, only reason is because of the learning curve. The game gets addictive after you have played it enough times to get the hang of changing the color of the ball in mid-flight. The first time I played it I was like this is fucking hard, then after about 5 games I got the hang of it then played the shit out of it.

Kinda wish I didnt sell mine, but I can always make another one. It wasn't hard.

lithy

20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I seriously doubt it will ever be released, only reason is because of the learning curve. The game gets addictive after you have played it enough times to get the hang of changing the color of the ball in mid-flight. The first time I played it I was like this is fucking hard, then after about 5 games I got the hang of it then played the shit out of it.

Kinda wish I didnt sell mine, but I can always make another one. It wasn't hard.

Really?

I thought this game was a piece of cake, but if it does seem hard, keep in mind its an arcade game, its designed to steal your quarters.

That said I think its still way, way easier than Money Puzzle and Magical Drop.