Geese Howard - AOF2

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Well after much blood sweat and tears, i finally got to face AOF2 Geese.

First of all, what a badass look. Especially on the monitor and he gives off that smarmy grin ,i was like 'Shit that is cool'. The long hair and blue suit are just plain badass. The new moves he ahs as well are damn cool, shame they aren't seen in any other version. And the trash-talking he gives to each character is just awesone. One of the things i love about the AOF series (2 especially) is all the pre-match trash talking...it really gets you pumped up..i swear i actually said to John Crawley 'yeah you want some of this motherfucker' tickled

Anyways the point:

I can't fkn beat him. The technique i used for the rest of the game (jumpin in, low kicks / throw, projectile) is laughably inefectvie against him and that damn slide move he like to whore out like a bastard son.

Any help?

thanks!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
First thing - Watch out for his special moves! They do incredible damage even when he has no spirit!

Now, if you get in close, crouch and he usually does a buzzsaw (where he jumps and swings his arm, I think that's what he says). When he does this, immediately throw him. If he doesn't land, always follow up with a projectile RIGHT as he gets up (this works for anybody, I may add). It will cause him to be dizzy, in which you can move in for the combo, or you can chance another throw + projectile dizzy, but there's always a chance he'll land on his feet so use with caution.

Another thing you can do is try bouncing off the walls. Many times he'll try to meet you in the air with his buzzsaw move, and since you'll be higher you will smack him in his head every time. Also remember you can kick/punch projectiles away. Just be careful when fighting him. Don't try and rush in, because he will smash your ass every time. You have to think strategic defense with Geese.

He's not impossible, but definitely a tricky one to get down. Which character are you using? He's a cinch with John (he has some cheap patterns to use with everybody else). AOF2 is a terribly underrated game, and everybody is quick to go with the better looking 3rd version, but I still stand by my words that AOF2 is the best in the series, and one of the best Neo games to date :)

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Thanks for the the help Songohan, i will try to take down that bitch again soon! :D

And i agree, AOF2 is one of my very favourite neo fighters, the 3rd looks and plays better but all the memorable characters are gone, and they dont bruise whilst you fight, and the trash talkin' aint as funny. I have the CD Version of AOF2 and it has one of fave soundtracks to boot, Micky's theme is so damn 80's Action movie like it hurts. Do do dodo do, dodododo e.t.c :D

<small>[ February 23, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If you want, I can make a video of me beating Geese so you can hopefully get something from that. You'd have to view it with a Kawaks emulator though.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Plisken...who did you use to get up to Geese?

I've been trying to get somewhere in this game, I get murdered by King...goddamn projectiles and uppercut she has. Also what difficulty do you play on?

I think it's a really cool game, I just get aggravated with it because I have difficulty finding a strategy that works effectively. The large character sprites and the facial damage owns. :)

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
SonGohan:
If you want, I can make a video of me beating Geese so you can hopefully get something from that. You'd have to view it with a Kawaks emulator though.
Thanks for the offer, but i finally beat him this morning!

When i threw the bastard and hit him right in the face with a fireball as he got up i literally jumped outta my chair i was so damn happy.

Anyways this is how i beat him, playing as Ryo.

When the match starts, he always throws 2 lots of single reppuken. Just as the first one comes out i do the double flying kick (charge BD > F +K) this always hits as long as it is timed right. When he lands he does it again, time it just right and you can knock him down again. If your lucky you can do it 3 times but it's very hard. After this my spirit bar was in the red so i dashed back to try and charge it a little. Anyways Geese rushes in and tried to do that dman leg sweep. I blocked it, and as always he goes for the Buzzsaw - you can only block this standing up so you have to get in position quickly form the crouch. When you block it, you can ALWAYS just keep moving toward him and press F + A (normal punch) he will constantly block but you will always get a few jabs in. Keep jabbing until your close enough to throw him then do so. As he gets back up lob a fireball, 99% of the time this will hit him smack in the face. (thanks SonGohan for learning me this trick in a different thread)

This was the technique i used to take him out both rounds. I was lucky in the first round because the timer ran out and i had more health (you know your a good player when you can survive 60 seconds with geese wink )

For once the ending was actually worth the effort, it was great seeing him plot to kill Jeff on the plain and the BG music whilst this is happening is so evil and cool :D . Then i got Ryo's normal endign after this which was pretty funny, Robert taking most of ryo's winning and giving him $3, resulting in a good old fight. :D

DK: i usually use Ryo or Crawley on Medium difficulty.

<small>[ February 24, 2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
alternate method for beating Geese:

get back to full-screen, which can be kinda tough since he likes to throw Reppukens... block a few and he'll probably start charging up, which gives you time to retreat. Once he's a safe distance away, just start throwing Standing A jabs into mid-air. This will make him jump towards you. If you have a character with a long-ranged anti-air attack (Ryo, Robert, Takuma hard Standing B, etc), you can easily knock him out of the air when he jumps in. Once Geese lands just start jabbing again, and just keep repeating this until he dies. (it takes a while though, because as his bar gets smaller and smaller, the attacks do less and less damage... weird)

but if you're using a character that does not have an effective anti-air attack from the ground, try jumping straight up and doing a hard attack. or maybe even jumping towards geese for some air-to-air. Moving yourself forward is risky though...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Whew, I was making the video anyway. It's been awhile since I played him, but here's the simple patterns I used:

Beginning of the match, first thing you do is bounce off of the wall, and time the kick just right to where it hits him.

When it does, immediately crouch block, because 99% of the time he will try his Buzzsaw move. Block this (have to stand block), and immediately throw.

2 things can happen now, if he takes the fall, immediately throw a fireball at him to make him dizzy.

If he's dizzy, I like to jump kick + zanretsu-ken combo him. You have to be quick with the zanretsu-ken, or else he'll block it. If you're lucky though, he'll block low, and as the punches move upwards, he'll stop blocking and try and jump, and catch the rest of the move. This = good damage, and better than a Hao-sho-ko-ken which drains your spirit bar like nothing else.

If he isn't dizzy, make sure he's not too far because you can still throw a projectile and it'll hit him smack in the face. If he's too far he'll jump.

By this time you have Geese nearly to half life. The above works like a charm in every match, but here is where you have to kinda "go with the match" and pick and choose your opportunities.

I like to rush into him, but not hit. Just immediately crouch guard and he'll opt for his Buzzsaw, in which I can go through the whole throw + combo thing. It's kinda hard though because Geese likes to land from the throws.. a lot.

Also a lot of times, you'll see him doing massive amounts of sweeps. Sometimes it's a few sweeps, and a buzzsaw, but you'll know when all he's doing is sweeps. This is an easy way to get cornered, and that's not a good thing. I like to jump back from being in the corner (time it just right from his sweeps), and land a kick in his face. This usually breaks up his sweeps, and he'll opt for his buzzsaw again.

All in all, he's not that difficult. I made a video anyway of me fighting him (with Ryo). Just don't ask me what I was doing in the 2nd round (thumb up my ass). DL it here if you're interested - <a href="http://www.zebesfiles.org/aof2/aof2.rc0" target="_blank">http://www.zebesfiles.org/aof2/aof2.rc0</a>

*Edit - Also, a lot of times if you position yourself right from him (and he isn't doing anythign), you can do a zanretsu-ken and he'll walk right into it. That happens with just about any character in the game though. Just be cautious with it.

*Another Edit - I was using a 3rd party psx pad through usb, so it was hard to get him to control the way I wanted him, but you get the general idea.

<small>[ February 24, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: SonGohan ]</small>