Metal Slug Highscores...

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
What are the high levels for the Slug games, as far as i´ve played i would say that 1.000.000+ is pretty high in Slug 1. But i can´t figure in Slug 3 since it differs alot depending on which way you go and so on.

My best score in MS1 is about 1.111.000 and for 3 i can´t remember.

It´s very extremely important that you clear every level with 10+ prisoners in slug 1 since you get that 100000 bonus. What´s the most important thing in slug 3?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
It's pretty much the same for all Metal Slugs. Finish with as many prisoners as you can and with a Slug where applicable. I haven't played MS4 yet, but with MS3's branching paths, how many prisoners you get depends on which routes you take and weather or not you can stay alive.

I still have yet to beat MS1 on a single credit. After that first death on Mission 3 (damn mid-boss! :mad: ) or 4, I tend to get frustrated. I can generally get to the end of Mission 4 or beginning of Mission 5 on MS2. MS3 I absolutely blow balls at when it comes to playing off that first credit. Some of the bosses are just so damn tough for me. I actually just keep tabs on how few credits I can beat MS3 on anymore. :D

<small>[ February 23, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: subcons ]</small>

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
slug 1 : ~600,000

slug 3 : ~ 3,100,000

frown

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 1 - 2,410,610

I know GEMANT has done over 3 million :p

Blindchild

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Metal Slug 1 -> 2.196.070

<small>[ February 24, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Blindchild ]</small>

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You people are approaching my SLUG 3 scores with MS1.

I hold my head in shame, and go practice

subcons

kernow:
You people are approaching my SLUG 3 scores with MS1.

I hold my head in shame, and go practice
Ditto.

Out of curiosity, are you people beating MS1 without losing a life at all? That's the only way I could see those scores being possible. spock

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
the main key to a higher score in Metal Slug 1 is on Stage 5. You know those little "vans" which have enemies that pop out? They can't be destroyed until you advance the screen far enough to make the door open. Then your shots will start to cause damage to it.

So if you leave it at the edge of the screen and don't move, you can continually fire at it and get 100 points a shot.

The best way to take advantage of this is right after you pick up the Slug. there is a van soon after that, and you will get the most points by just sitting there in the Slug, shooting it over and over until time runs out. (be sure to eject before time runs out, or else the Slug will blow up too.)

If you get to Stage 5 with one life, and sacrifice two lives doing this leeching trick, leeching some more on your last life and then go forward to get more time and finish the rest of the level/game, you can earn over a million points right there. As long as you have the patience.

Personally, I think this leeching trick is very retarded. It's no fun sitting there for several minutes mindlessly wailing on the A button. Thankfully I didn't know about this trick when I played in the arcade, I just went through the game normally.

A one-life finish without the stupid leeching trick resulted in scores in the 1.4 to 1.5 million range for me.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Just over 5 million on Slug 3

on level 1 dont kill the boss quickly as another 10 prisoners come in making the total in the 20's wink

subcons

BBH:
the main key to a higher score in Metal Slug 1 is on Stage 5. You know those little "vans" which have enemies that pop out? They can't be destroyed until you advance the screen far enough to make the door open. Then your shots will start to cause damage to it.

So if you leave it at the edge of the screen and don't move, you can continually fire at it and get 100 points a shot.

The best way to take advantage of this is right after you pick up the Slug. there is a van soon after that, and you will get the most points by just sitting there in the Slug, shooting it over and over until time runs out. (be sure to eject before time runs out, or else the Slug will blow up too.)

If you get to Stage 5 with one life, and sacrifice two lives doing this leeching trick, leeching some more on your last life and then go forward to get more time and finish the rest of the level/game, you can earn over a million points right there. As long as you have the patience.

Personally, I think this leeching trick is very retarded. It's no fun sitting there for several minutes mindlessly wailing on the A button. Thankfully I didn't know about this trick when I played in the arcade, I just went through the game normally.

A one-life finish without the stupid leeching trick resulted in scores in the 1.4 to 1.5 million range for me.
Ah, okay. That explains the insane scores. I have to agree on that being "very retarded" though. I don't want to exploit a flaw in the game for a higher score.

I'll keep playing as normal and shoot for ~1.5 million and be happy with that.

Thanks for the info. Good to know. :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I can get 22 prisoners on Mission 1 of slug3 :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On slug 3 my highscore is somewhere around 1,500,000 but i can't get past level 3 on one credit. I only get to play slug 3 at the arcade which i should do more of. I need to get in some practice.

Edit: w00t just bought slug 3 mvs!

<small>[ February 28, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Ok, i don´t like leching for points in the manner BBH described. I actually think Slug 3 is kinda of since you have to wait for to long on some bosses. The first for example, make the first gun explode and when he uses the second just keep as long away as possible, he can´t hit you. Put a piece of tape on the stick and go for a snack or something.

1.5 million in slug 1 isn´t very far away for me. I just need to get my shit together on the last level. I usually clear the five first levels without losing a life. You could get alot of hostages on the last level, right?

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
cgun
The first for example, make the first gun explode and when he uses the second just keep as long away as possible, he can´t hit you. Put a piece of tape on the stick and go for a snack or something.
You shouldn't destroy the first gun until you've earned the ten prisoners. As the crab tank moves faster having the secondary gun mounted, you often won't be able to get the items the prisoners drop (30'000s are possible drops). And the first gun is more difficult to avoid, so there is no easy hangin' on the right side.

But there are plenty of brain-denying situations in MS3 left anyway (i.e. the "level 5-situation").

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yes it is much easier to dodge the projectiles in the crabs first form. That giant shell he fires in the second form is a bit trickier to dodge but its not very difficult.

I was quite surprised when i dsicovered you could just dodge his shot and the POWs would keep coming :) I usually do get all the pow's when im playing for points but i think it is a bit boring to do that.

Do you guys wait around and get the pow's that fall during the boss on level 2? I think they fall at specific times on the clock during the bosses second form.

vagrant

n00b
3 POWs fall during, and only during the 2nd form of that boss. They don't appear on specific times per se, it really depends on how quickly you beat the first form. They appear in sequenced time intervals; usually when you run out of Machine gun ammo.

BBH:

I agree with all of that...my high score was a one life run for about 1.1-1.2 mil (I like throwing grenades :) )