are wiis still hard to get

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I remember having a terrible time finding one when they first came out. The hype was big but the system never clicked with me the way the Gamecube did the years before. A couple summers ago I bought a console for a dollar at a yard sale. How the times have changed.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I remember having a terrible time finding one when they first came out. The hype was big but the system never clicked with me the way the Gamecube did the years before. A couple summers ago I bought a console for a dollar at a yard sale. How the times have changed.

They sure have, people never played them much so there's an abundance of systems in great condition. Good time to get a Wii, i picked up a CIB black model with gamecube support for $50 cad. I really wanted the black model and needed the gamescube support so was willing to pay a bit more. If you arent picky about the model they can be found for dirt cheap. Its at the point where people are clearing out their basements full of barely used Wii stuff.

I really just bought it to use as a gamecube and a couple games on it like Super Mario Galaxy. Really wish that game supported gamecube controllers

Also a great time for ps3 and xbox 360 games. I occasionally pick up a dozen ps3 games for $20-30. I dont really bother with the 360 because of the paid online.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
PS3 is the best bargain in gaming right now. Tons of great games for pennies on the dollar. 360 is a mixed bag, most of the games are cheap but if a title becomes Xbone compatible it usually goes up in price.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS3 is the best bargain in gaming right now. Tons of great games for pennies on the dollar. 360 is a mixed bag, most of the games are cheap but if a title becomes Xbone compatible it usually goes up in price.
This, plus built in PS1 backwards compatible.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
This, plus built in PS1 backwards compatible.

We can even take this one step further. A PS3 with full PS2 BC offers a massive library of games across 3 generations of consoles.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
We can even take this one step further. A PS3 with full PS2 BC offers a massive library of games across 3 generations of consoles.

I'm glad my Japanese launch 20gb PS3 is still working for exactly this.