PotW: Which Last Blade Mode do you prefer

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The Last Blade series offers 3 modes, Power, Speed and EX. Typically I find that people I play against are devout followers of Power or EX. So here's our chance to see which one is the more popular...

M

Magnabanned

EvilWasabi:
The Last Blade series offers 3 modes, Power, Speed and EX. Typically I find that people I play against are devout followers of Power or EX. So here's our chance to see which one is the more popular...
Really? I use speed mode almost exclusively. I love scoring multiple hits, then slipping in a special.

Shawn

snkusa.com
I only use Power and EX. Power for Shigen, EX for Kaede, and either Power or EX for Moryia. A power Shigen can do up to 1.75 bars of damage with his super counter, has to be perfect timing though.

Nice poll idea btw.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I can't really use Shigen too well, but I know a guy that does and it pissed me off to no end.

It's the case of not knowing a character enough to defend against him.

Shawn

snkusa.com
<strong>
Really? I use speed mode almost exclusively. I love scoring multiple hits, then slipping in a special.
The main reason I don't like speed is because the ultimate moves are not executable.

*Ultimate being the super power move that you can do when your life is flashing and you have a full power bar.

M

Magnabanned

Yeah, I noticed that, but speed mode is worth the payoff. I do love to time a ultimate with precision, but the speed mode is very satisfying. I do enjoy both, but not all charachters are worth a flip in speed mode. mainly Akaira is the charachter i use in speed mode.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Most of the time I use Power, only times I don't are when I pick Akira, Lee Rekka, and sometimes Moriya (depending on my mood).

I never even touch EX, just doesn't work right with my playing style.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
hmm...

i'm a speed person myself.

i'm beginning to think that speed is kinda sorta underpowered though...

my favorite characters are Hibiki and Moriya.

i happen to suck at LB II.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i almost always use speed mode. i dunno, it just like the other modes always seemed awkward to me.

but im not really one to talk much, since i suck at the game.

slerch666

updyke,
I voted for power, but the truth of the matter is that it depends on who I am using. I can get through without continuing on difficulty of 4 (MVS) with a Power Akari. I can get through 5-6 people in speed mode, depending on who the 3rd character is.

I'm not too good with Shigen, but Power mode he is a KILLER.

I won this morning using Power Setsuna, but I played again in Speed and felt I was doing much better in Speed mode for him.

Great poll idea!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well it depends on who I am playing with, but normally I play in Power mode.

-Nick

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The poll doesn't work for me and my ole' Mozilla, I get a javascript.void() only...

Anyway, my choice is chara-dependent. My fave charas are Okina (Power), Shikyo (Speed or EX) and Moriya (Power). I also like to play with Speed Shigen but I'm not too good with him. When I feel like it, I use Speed Amano to annoy my friends, they hate his voice samples. :D

elbarto

Super Spy Agent
Character dependent for me too..

I voted for speed though, as I usually end up using either Lee or Zantetsu.

<small>[ February 08, 2003, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: elbarto ]</small>

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
More often than not I use Power. I can do without speed as long as I hit like a truck.

Mike

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Speed Washizuka here. He's an absolute monster in speed mode.

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
crazy...when did EW become a mod...

anyway, I like using Speed mode, I found whipping out combos much to my liking. :D

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I use Moriya in Power mode.

<small>[ February 11, 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: mikace01 ]</small>

Cas

n00b
Lee in EX mode here.

I love EX mode! With good repellin' you can really kick asses :)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Power mode.

I like being able to pull off the HDSM's (when you're life bar is low and flashing).

Akari's HDSM is hillarious.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
I prefer to feel the POWER!!! buttrock buttrock buttrock

I am not a combo kind player, as i do not have much time to practice them, so I am forced to be a more tactical fighter, besides I like super fatality moves a lot.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Well I'm still a newbie when it comes to Last Blade but I'm REALLY interested in learning this game. I'm doing Speed mode now but I really haven't tried the other modes enough to know which I like best (I guess I like Speed because it feels a little closer to the combo-heavy KoFs).