Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Guardian Storm.
Get that shit right man, AFEGA!
18936674a3495159944b755345735l.jpg

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Deathsmiles on 360. I decided to really play 1.1 mode for the first time. All I can say is "ho-ly shit".

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What are the differences Hentai?! Also I wanted to see if you could please referred me to that thread where you posted possible future releases.

Thanks Hentai!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
What are the differences Hentai?! Also I wanted to see if you could please referred me to that thread where you posted possible future releases.

Thanks Hentai!

Suicide bullets appear in every level when played at rank 3 and also whenever power-up mode is activated, you can power-up the moment the counter reaches 100, the familiar/option can be manually controlled with the right analog stick, you get only one bomb per life, the power-up counter can be charged by using the lock-on attack on bosses, and it takes way more points to extend. There's a couple of other minor differences, but those are all the major ones.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2712800&postcount=89

Since that post, a new hori-shmup has been released as an XBL Community Game titled Crescendo Symphony.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah I tried Crescendo, it plays smooth but I haven't messed around with it much though. Thanks for the link and the explanation!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Working on R-Type (Dimensions ver.) at the moment...hoping to make a superplay vid of that, and maybe a co-op superplay vid as well. We'll see.

whoah, Ghegs on the dark side...welcome

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The only way ver1.1 could get better is if you could use Sakura. I love it!

- TGM

You'll be able to soon. Cave is working on an update that will add MBL 1.1 mode.

Playing 1.1 with a dual analog pad for extended periods of time causes my hands to cramp up real bad. I wonder if Hori's upcoming twinstck controller for 360 will work with Deathsmiles...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Does Crescendo Symphony has more than one stage? The demo is time-limited and it ends after one stage.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Life Force / Salamander---- just for shitts

& Gradius

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Back to the fold with

Outzone
Truxton II
Batsugun
Donpachi (just a little bit more for glory)

and some more Death Smiles

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
You'll be able to soon. Cave is working on an update that will add MBL 1.1 mode.

Hot damn! Any idea how much they are planning on charging for it? I have a feeling I'm going to need to order another JP live points card ^_^;

Playing 1.1 with a dual analog pad for extended periods of time causes my hands to cramp up real bad. I wonder if Hori's upcoming twinstck controller for 360 will work with Deathsmiles...

I would think that the left and right sticks are just going to replace the left and right thumbsticks.... though I don't know how different the "feel" might be because I'm not sure how much of the control issues with VOOT are slated to be addressed with the twin stick itself... you know beyond providing a controller to play the game the way it was "meant" to be played.

- TGM

I beat my head on the wall...errr I mean played the Ibara PS2 port all weekend... (Arcade mode, continues off... )

Trying to source an Ibara kit to see why everyone complains about the port so much.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I beat my head on the wall...errr I mean played the Ibara PS2 port all weekend... (Arcade mode, continues off... )

Trying to source an Ibara kit to see why everyone complains about the port so much.
Same here, I was just playing the PCB last night and this morning I played the Port. The speed is different, I guess it can throw off some people, but I kind of see it like a different ver/update, I mean I love the PCB, but I like the different pace for the port, plus arrange mode is a lot of fun, it reminds me a lot of V-V/GrindStormer. Apprently that mode is similar to Ibara Kuro Black Label but it's missing the TCX or some score multiplier named that way. I'd really like to try Ibara Kuro one day.

I am on a Strikers 1945+ and Blazing Star trip right now.

Funny, those are the carts in my 2 slot.

Last edited:
Same here, I was just playing the PCB last night and this morning I played the Port. The speed is different, I guess it can throw off some people, but I kind of see it like a different ver/update, I mean I love the PCB, but I like the different pace for the port, plus arrange mode is a lot of fun, it reminds me a lot of V-V/GrindStormer. Apprently that mode is similar to Ibara Kuro Black Label but it's missing the TCX or some score multiplier named that way. I'd really like to try Ibara Kuro one day.

I inquired about an Ibara Kuro kit last week and the number I got was around 110,000 yen... but I think that was for a new kit, and the stateside source's price.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Still playing Radiant Silvergun, but powered up Donpachi again. Strangly, I remember thinking it was only okay the first time I played it. This time, I really enjoyed its awesome madness!:D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Donpachi is awsome, defenately one of my top cave games for sure! Fire at will!