Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Piratero said:
That's pretty nice, but an overkill at the same time.
no, its absolutely perfect. just think about it.

oh yeah, played Batrider. fun.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I played some dangun feveron today.

For a while, I was really fed up with the game and had decided to get rid of it.

My problem was that I tried to play it like other cave shooters. I tried to make controlled, thoughtful movements and kept getting my ass handed to me. Something clicked today though. I've realized that you just have to play it like a fucking madman to do well. I played really aggressively and it payed off. (broke my amazingly weak high score) I chained the disco men through until half of stage 3! (quite an accomplishment for me)

It's a good feeling to finally just "get" a shmup. Really glad I didn't sell it now....

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
alec said:
no, its absolutely perfect. just think about it.

oh yeah, played Batrider. fun.

How far are you getting in the game?

califoreigner said:
:crying:

someday. . . just maybe

I too wish I could own a Ketsui PCB...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Piratero said:
I too wish I could own a Ketsui PCB...

Beleive me, its THE Cave game to get.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
Beleive me, its THE Cave game to get.

A part of me wants those the damn game dumped and another part of me wants to pay $750 for the PCB.

:mad:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Played a bit of Gigawing Generations on the PS2.

What a horrible game. :oh_no:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:
Played a bit of Gigawing Generations on the PS2.

What a horrible game. :oh_no:

Eh, I actually like gigawing. Maybe that is a bad port?

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
A part of me wants those the damn game dumped and another part of me wants to pay $750 for the PCB.

:mad:

I'd love to see the newer cave games dumped. I really can't justify spending 500-1000 on something I've never even played.:oh_no:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Kiel said:
All this talk about it over in the suggestion thread made me wanna play this:
Picture404.jpg

That's a thing of pure beauty. Do all ketsui's come cased like that or is it a custom job?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
That's a thing of pure beauty. Do all ketsui's come cased like that or is it a custom job?

Custom job, of course.

Circa2113 said:
I'd love to see the newer cave games dumped. I really can't justify spending 500-1000 on something I've never even played. :oh_no:

I don't because I'd like to support Cave as much as possible... I understand exactly what you mean. I would just say to wait until they drop at an affordable price. Most games are good so you don't really have to worry about buying a horrible game.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
Circa2113 said:
Eh, I actually like gigawing. Maybe that is a bad port?

generations may sound like a compilation,
but its actually not a port. different stuff.

on a side note, good luck waiting on ketsui
to drop any further in price. not happening.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
Custom job, of course.

Yup, that's what I figured. Looks excellent though!

Piratero said:
I don't because I'd like to support Cave as much as possible... I understand exactly what you mean. I would just say to wait until they drop at an affordable price. Most games are good so you don't really have to worry about buying a horrible game.

I'd love to help cave out any way I could myself also. It's just that I can't bring myself to pay over a couple hundred for something I can't try out first. I know basically all cave stuff is supposed to be top-notch, but there are always people who will dislike a certain one for whatever reason. (seems to be a lot of dislike for Ibara)

20 Year Member
Oh I like the original Gigawing, but GG is garbage.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:
Oh I like the original Gigawing, but GG is garbage.

Ah, didn't realize it was a different game. I just assumed it was a compilation disc of sorts because of the name.:emb:

Played some more Dangun Feveron last night. I've made it to stage 4 a couple of times now!:buttrock:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Yup, that's what I figured. Looks excellent though!

I'd love to help cave out any way I could myself also. It's just that I can't bring myself to pay over a couple hundred for something I can't try out first. I know basically all cave stuff is supposed to be top-notch, but there are always people who will dislike a certain one for whatever reason. (seems to be a lot of dislike for Ibara)

Ibara is disliked because it isn't "Cave-like." Its really just a Raizing shmup. Try out Battle Garegga and see for yourself. The game is good and hard.

brumma

NEST Puppet
@Piratero - I have a question for you regarding Espgaluda II... What is the control layout for the game? Is it a 3 or 4 button game? If it is a 4 button, is that just the optional autofire, so could I get by with only 3?

bay

Armored Scrum Object
brumma said:
@Piratero - I have a question for you regarding Espgaluda II... What is the control layout for the game? Is it a 3 or 4 button game? If it is a 4 button, is that just the optional autofire, so could I get by with only 3?

you can technically get by with 3, you can choose in the game what your 3rd button is as well.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
brumma said:

What bay said. :p

Yeah, the fourth button is just auto-fire.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
bay said:
you can technically get by with 3, you can choose in the game what your 3rd button is as well.

You should really sell/trade me that Batrider poster. My doctor just said today that I'll die if I dont get one.:(

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Kiel said:
You should really sell/trade me that Batrider poster. My doctor just said today that I'll die if I dont get one.:(

You too? The condition must be spreading fast.:eek:

20 Year Member
200 posts, you guys are some shooter-loving fiends (myself included). :p

On that note, I played a little bit of Strikers 1945 II on the PS2 (1945 I and II compilation disc).