Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Bummer, my Strikers 1945 arrived today and has graphic glitches in the background. I'm so not happy about this.

On a plus note, I did get my brand new batrider kit in today, have yet to test it out though. I also got my DC-->JAMMA converter that sonofx51 built for me. Its pretty nice, I tried Radilgy on it for a minute, nice bright picture.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Just got done playing a few rounds of ESPrade...GOD that game kicks ass!

Here's a tip though:

If you drink beer while playing [especially strong-ass trappist beer]....your skill will NOT improve. Just throwing that out there.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Yes, ESPRade does kick ass, but I didn't play that, I just played my brand new Batrider board, and I do mean brand new...:D ...

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Had a lot of friends over last night, and we played the PS2's Cave shooters library.

Good fun!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
alec said:
Yes, ESPRade does kick ass, but I didn't play that, I just played my brand new Batrider board, and I do mean brand new...:D ...

mines pretty shiny too. All I lack is the flyer for a complete kit.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Piratero said:
How are you doing with DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou? Having a hard time? I'm planning on getting the PCB pretty soon along with a few other shmups.

On topic: I'm currently playing DoDonPachi on my Saturn. I suck. I can barely get to the second boss with 1 credit.

:emb:

Oh man, have you played DOJ yet? I consider Dodonpachi an easy game and if you can only get to the second boss...I wouldn't recomend it. DOJ is a game for people who want to be PUNISHED hard.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
Oh man, have you played DOJ yet? I consider Dodonpachi an easy game and if you can only get to the second boss...I wouldn't recomend it. DOJ is a game for people who want to be PUNISHED hard.

I barely started... but yeah, I know exactly what you mean...

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
isuckreallybadih3.png

First stage... Used two bombs and had a chain of ~181?

I keep dying on the second boss. Its really annoying. Most of the time its because of some stupid error, but I'm sure I can make it to hopefully the third stage with one credit. Little by little... :spock:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I played ESPrade for about an hour this morning.

I still can't get off of stage 4.:emb:

20 Year Member
Played a little bit of Strikers 1945 II yesterday via a local arcade.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Trigger Hearts Excelica and Karous on the DC
Every Extend Extra on the PSP
Geometry Wars on XBL

Kiel

20 Year Member
Strikers 1999 - all that Karous that I've been playing has really messed up my game.:(

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Just finished an exam (I think I did okay). My goal today is to get to the third stage of DoDonPachi with 1 credit.

Circa2113, have you ever had any problems with your ESP Ra.De board? I hear some people have had problems with their board resetting and graphical glitches. Also, would you mind taking a couple of snapshots of your board?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I played ESPrade for about an hour this morning.

I still can't get off of stage 4.:emb:
Stage 4 is a bitch, I still haven't gotten past it w/ 1 coin. I haven't played in a while, not as much time as I used to have. These days I'm lucky to get to stage 4.

@Piratero- Did you get the Jamma board or is that the Sega Saturn?

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
Circa2113, have you ever had any problems with your ESP Ra.De board? I hear some people have had problems with their board resetting and graphical glitches. Also, would you mind taking a couple of snapshots of your board?

I did have the points glitch (my score was like 265 million or something) once but never anything else. I'll post a photo or two of it later.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
alec said:
Stage 4 is a bitch, I still haven't gotten past it w/ 1 coin. I haven't played in a while, not as much time as I used to have. These days I'm lucky to get to stage 4.

I actually do very well up to stage 4 (rarely lose a life anymore) and I almost always have my extend by the end of the third stage (or early fourth) which means most of the time I get to play stage 4 with 4 lives. I usually do pretty well on the first half, but then I always manage to get behind and the screen gets covered. I do usually make it to the boss, but rarely get far into his patterns. Just need some more practice.

What is even sadder, I suck worse at dangun feveron. I get so caught up in collecting those damn discomen that I often forget that I'm still supposed to be weaving through the sea of bullets in front of me. (The game is quick as hell though, more like a quick river of bullets) Sometimes I wont make it past the second stage on a credit. (never past the 3rd:emb: )

BTW, Alec, I got your PM and will get back to you soon.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Piratero said:

Here is a pic of my ESPrade if it helps, Ive never had any problems with mine.

Picture426.jpg

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
My class was cancelled tonight so I stayed home and played a little raiden fighters and ordered a nasty-ass pizza from papa johns.

Even after a few weeks without playing RF, I still had a couple impressive runs. It really is an excellent game and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequels.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
Here is a pic of my ESPrade if it helps, Ive never had any problems with mine.

Picture426.jpg

I was just curious to see how the board looked like. Thanks!

alec, sadly, its the Saturn version.

20 Year Member
Just bought Aero Fighters 2 MVS, so I fired up the Xbox and played teh ROM a bit.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:
Just bought Aero Fighters 2 MVS, so I fired up the Xbox and played teh ROM a bit.

Good choice. I played aero fighters 3 this morning.

As for my quest to 1cc esprade, I got to the 2nd to last bullet pattern on boss 4 today. Should be on stage 5 soon...

Broke my score record aswell:D

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Just scored a bunch of shmups over at the shmups forum. I got:

R-Type Final (never played it, can't wait!)
Castle Shikigami 2
Giga Wing
Layer Section
Silpheed

Grimspoon

New Challenger
I just bought Aero Fighters 2 off the BST here, but ish is taking forever to get here. Was hoping to play this weekend - guess not.

Played a bit of Radilgy earlier this evening, never gave that game much of a shot before tonight.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Grimspoon said:
I just bought Aero Fighters 2 off the BST here, but ish is taking forever to get here. Was hoping to play this weekend - guess not.

Played a bit of Radilgy earlier this evening, never gave that game much of a shot before tonight.

Aerofighters 2 is excellent. Not a lot of depth to it, but just pure fun and challenge.

Radilgy isn't my cup of tea. How do you like it?