Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
brumma said:
You're not the only one. I find it confusing too! Take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZaxHR1lR8Y --it helps a bit. There seems to be a LOT going on though, so I have a feeling this one's learning curve is a bit steeper. I've been following the thread on Shmups and it helps a little bit too.

That's the video I saw... I now at least know what the Power Ups are...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
brumma said:
@Dub - is your Espgaluda PCB or PS2? I've got the PCB on the way--can't wait!

I have the PCB and as good as the PS2 port is it doesnt compare to the PCB, congrats

As far as Karous goes, the shots that you really need to avoid are the circle shaped ones that cannot be canceled by your shot or sword. All shots except for big laser beams can be canceled by the shield. And of course the d.f.s. protects you from everything. That help any?

Just make sure you level up that sword the most.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
No cab here, and no room for a cab, so I play the PS2 ports

:(

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
This week I've been playing..

Castle Shikigami II
Einhander
Darius Gaiden
Chaos Field

brumma

NEST Puppet
68k said:
No cab here, and no room for a cab, so I play the PS2 ports

:(

I've no room for a cab either-->supergun hooked up to VGA monitor or a small Sony PVM. Used PVMs are pretty common on eBay--just make sure you get the right kind.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
I have the PCB and as good as the PS2 port is it doesnt compare to the PCB, congrats

As far as Karous goes, the shots that you really need to avoid are the circle shaped ones that cannot be canceled by your shot or sword. All shots except for big laser beams can be canceled by the shield. And of course the d.f.s. protects you from everything. That help any?

Just make sure you level up that sword the most.

I understand. How would you level up the sword?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Karous and Trigger Heart Excelica. My Dreamcast is getting some attention again.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Piratero said:
I understand. How would you level up the sword?

The fastest, easiest way is to only use the sword to attack enimies. What I like to do is build up my D.F.S. and when I activate it I just put my ship on top of a large enemy and only use my sword while the D.F.S. is active. It causes big damage and quick leveling up. Son of a bitch this game rocks so hard.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
The fastest, easiest way is to only use the sword to attack enimies. What I like to do is build up my D.F.S. and when I activate it I just put my ship on top of a large enemy and only use my sword while the D.F.S. is active. It causes big damage and quick leveling up. Son of a bitch this game rocks so hard.

Thanks for the explaination! I'm going to go play some Karous and DoDonPachi!

TWE

Zero's Secretary
Piratero said:
Does Ibara: Black Label really require four buttons?

Yes. Button 4 is the weapon change button, and you need to change your weapons throughout the game if you want any hope of scoring well or beating the game.
Button 3 is the rapid fire shot. Too bad they didn't give you the different control options like in Galuda 2, as mapping rapid fire to Button 4 for people with 3 buttons setups would be ideal. I rarely use the rapid fire button, could easily play without it or just tap the A button when needed.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Played Border Down. Thats it really, left the shooter cabs alone for the most part.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
TWE said:
Yes. Button 4 is the weapon change button, and you need to change your weapons throughout the game if you want any hope of scoring well or beating the game.
Button 3 is the rapid fire shot. Too bad they didn't give you the different control options like in Galuda 2, as mapping rapid fire to Button 4 for people with 3 buttons setups would be ideal. I rarely use the rapid fire button, could easily play without it or just tap the A button when needed.

Yeah, I do the same with EspGaluda II. I just don't map button D. Don't need it really. Are there any other shmups that absolutely require 4 buttons? Just curious because I'll be using a 3-button only control panel.

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Played quite a few shooters this weekend:

Lightening Force-Genesis
Mushihime-Sama (ultra mode)- PS2
Dodonpachi Daioujou- PS2
Thunder Force III- Genesis
Power Strike- Master System

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Aero Fighters 2! The classic strikes back!

Brave Blade.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Been playing some Dimahoo tate on my PSP during lunch.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
man, I kinda miss the old PSP tate. good shit. but the d pad is just total ass, ruined what otherwise would have been a great system imo.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
alec said:
man, I kinda miss the old PSP tate. good shit. but the d pad is just total ass, ruined what otherwise would have been a great system imo.

modded mine, works like a charm :buttrock:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
modded mine, works like a charm :buttrock:
really? like a charm you say? what did you do to it? how complex was the whole proccess? I would consider getting another PSP if I could actually play it.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
68k said:
Played quite a few shooters this weekend:

Lightening Force-Genesis
Mushihime-Sama (ultra mode)- PS2
Dodonpachi Daioujou- PS2
Thunder Force III- Genesis
Power Strike- Master System

How are you doing with DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou? Having a hard time? I'm planning on getting the PCB pretty soon along with a few other shmups.

On topic: I'm currently playing DoDonPachi on my Saturn. I suck. I can barely get to the second boss with 1 credit.

:emb:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
alec said:
really? like a charm you say? what did you do to it? how complex was the whole proccess? I would consider getting another PSP if I could actually play it.

i did the popular NES sleeve mod, except the NES sleeve was too thick and wasn't working well for me, so I used some thin plastic from a baseball card sleeve and coated it with scotch tape on both sides to give it a little more thickness. Works great. It wasn't difficult. Just be sure to have canned air.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
thanks for that response. I may get another one some time when I get bored of my GB micro.

As for shooters, I'm hoping some will have arrived in the mail today. I've got my fingers crossed (
icon14.gif
X
icon13.gif
(only not thumbs))