Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've just sat up my PS2 to play a few shmups, tonight it will give Dragon Blaze another go, haven't played it in months.

Also on my plate are R-Type Final and of course Triggerheart.

Speaking of TH, what are you guys' item/gold scores in level 1 and 2? I'm in the 2000 region after level 1 but I don't think that I have milked the bigger enemy ships well enough.

Some scoring tips for TH would be cool! :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
ha!

oh lil' thug...soon you'll grow hair in funny places and like girls too.

When a man loves a woman, thuggles, he puts his penis in her bum and goes pee. Then she has little puppies. Its science.

On a related note...how is Triggerheart?

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Playing Espgaluda...man, I'm terrible at shooters. I got through the first two levels no problem, but then I get crushed. Still learning the patterns atm.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
ha!

oh lil' thug...soon you'll grow hair in funny places and like girls too.

When a man loves a woman, thuggles, he puts his penis in her bum and goes pee. Then she has little puppies. Its science.

On a related note...how is Triggerheart?

Thuggles isn't ready for the "talk." :shame:

ViewtifulZFO said:
Playing Espgaluda...man, I'm terrible at shooters. I got through the first two levels no problem, but then I get crushed. Still learning the patterns atm.

The game isn't actually that hard. I remember getting to the 4th stage boss with one credit... I kind of regret selling the game... :emb:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
isuckfa6.png

:oh_no:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bout to set up my supergun to get some Sengoku Blaede on, Oh yea...

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Twin Cobra on teh Genesis

bay

Armored Scrum Object
Piratero said:

thats like my score, tho i'm just getting into the whole scoring mechanics of this game after fiddling with it for awhile. bombs.. bombs... bombs.... rank rank rank!... bombs bombs bombs.. rank rank rank!

Kiken

Camel Slug
Karous (DC): Spent most of the weekend delving into Hard Mode.

ESPGaluda (PS2): I hate the fact that the score is just off-screen when I play in tate (tate-hose squeezes everything and turns the game's visuals into mush).

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
bay said:
thats like my score, tho i'm just getting into the whole scoring mechanics of this game after fiddling with it for awhile. bombs.. bombs... bombs.... rank rank rank!... bombs bombs bombs.. rank rank rank!

Yeah, I'm constantly practicing... I've gotten my own routine down. I just can't seem to get at least 1,000,000 before the first stage boss! That score is up until stage 2. I did find out how to completely milk the first stage boss. Its last bullet pattern seems almost impossible for me.

20 Year Member
Played a little bit of Mushihime-Sama on the PS2

And some Thunder Force IV on the Mega Drive

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
DoDonPachi on the Sega Saturn. By today, I can probably get to the start of the third stage with one credit! I should really get DoDonPachi DOJ PCB!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Brave Blade :glee: pretty cool game, just got it yesterday.

...good gameplay, still getting used to the graphics though...lol.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Kiken said:
Karous (DC): Spent most of the weekend delving into Hard Mode.

I spent a good solid three and a half hours on it today and I'm really liking it a lot. Best shooter I've played since Under Defeat came out. I've also moved on to hard mode in hopes of seeing the true last boss but first I want to focus on not timing out on the bosses in stages 3,4,5 and finding all the Milestone logos.

Played some Pink Sweets too but after Karous I wasnt so into it at the moment. Also two runs of Strikers 99.

On a side note I just had the battery replaced in the Progear I got from you so its good to go another 5 years.

20 Year Member
Just got done playing Ibara.

Fantastic game! :buttrock:

TWE

Zero's Secretary
I've been playing my Mushihime-sama futari ver 1.5 and Ibara Black Label PCBs mostly this past week, with a couple Pink Sweets runs thrown in once in awhile.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Kiel said:
I spent a good solid three and a half hours on it today and I'm really liking it a lot. Best shooter I've played since Under Defeat came out. I've also moved on to hard mode in hopes of seeing the true last boss but first I want to focus on not timing out on the bosses in stages 3,4,5 and finding all the Milestone logos.

Initially, I had the same problem. The stage 3, 4 and 5 bosses were timing out on me. I spent quite a lot of time trying figure out solid techniques for handling them (which I have been successful at). I can now kill all of the bosses (save for TLB since I haven't fought it yet) and have managed to locate 3 of the MileStone logos. If you find the logos in either stages 4 or 5, please post the location over on the shmups.com forum under the Karous General Discussion Strategy thread. I've posted screen-grabs of the first three locations and will make it a point to grab shots of the remaining two once they're found.

Last edited:

20 Year Member
I actually didn't play any shooters yesterday :(.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Radiant Silvergun and Sokyugurentai came yesterday for ST-V so I have been beasting on them.

Of course, still rocking Galuda. Reaching the high 13's now. I really am trying :mad:

brumma

NEST Puppet
@Dub - is your Espgaluda PCB or PS2? I've got the PCB on the way--can't wait!

Rotating between a few... Finally got my Dreamcast system in the mail yesterday, so I dropped in the mod chip and tried out Trigger Heart Exelica and Karous. I spent more time with Karous, so I guess I like that one a bit more. Also played a game or two of Giga Wing 2--I'll have to pick up a real copy of that one. Lastly, I have Psyvariar 2 in the Naomi.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
TWE said:
I've been playing my Mushihime-sama futari ver 1.5 and Ibara Black Label PCBs mostly this past week, with a couple Pink Sweets runs thrown in once in awhile.

Does Ibara: Black Label really require four buttons?

-- I've actually been playing Karous for the past two days now and I'm really confused. What's the point of this game? What in the World should I avoid? And Yes, I saw a little intro video to the game and I'm still confused. :confused:

brumma

NEST Puppet
Piratero said:
-- I've actually been playing Karous for the past two days now and I'm really confused. What's the point of this game? What in the World should I avoid? And Yes, I saw a little intro video to the game and I'm still confused. :confused:

You're not the only one. I find it confusing too! Take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZaxHR1lR8Y --it helps a bit. There seems to be a LOT going on though, so I have a feeling this one's learning curve is a bit steeper. I've been following the thread on Shmups and it helps a little bit too.