Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Played through P-47 Aces last night on my Xbox. Pretty fun hori shmup, wouldn't mind to get PCB of it but probably high as fuck.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Wow, I just played through Cuphead.
Love the art style but it's freaking hard especially on later stages.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Mars Matrix on CPS2. Trying to git gud like I was 10 years ago, I will need a lot of time to do that.

Fast Striker on MVS. I got it during the weekend, so still trying to know it better.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Magical Chase... Coryoon has the Golden Cory, but this one has the golden stars ;). The controls of the multi-variant actions you can perform are excellent, graphics fast and multi-layered. Top sound, too. It would have been more exciting, if the environment could kill you, but then again, I also agree, that this one is not addressed to the hardcore audience.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sight cleared Dangerous Seed on the Mega Drive tonight. Then started a new game and got a 1 life clear. THEN started a new game on expert mode and made it to the last stage, then died because recovery with giant bullets and no speed ups was impossible for me. Gonna come back to it later so I can fully clear all modes.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Sight cleared Dangerous Seed on the Mega Drive tonight. Then started a new game and got a 1 life clear. THEN started a new game on expert mode and made it to the last stage, then died because recovery with giant bullets and no speed ups was impossible for me. Gonna come back to it later so I can fully clear all modes.

Great port, so expanded, that it even surpasses the arcade original at times. It has that perfect balance between hectic and lesser difficulty. Some nice Engrish, too.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
And the music! Dangerous Seed sounds amazing. Currently having some down time with Cosmo Gang the Video for SFC.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
And got not only a expert mode clear, but a 1 life expert mode clear. This game is officially complete.
8d818b2e076e5645e57b9b1c6428dd2b.jpg

Also knocked out another 1cc of Forgotten Worlds on Mega Drive as well.

b1a51aed3d82450b7e128cc232d00c32.jpg

MC708

n00b
I'm generally not a big fan of shooters, however I've been playing Centipede, and absolutely loving it! I'm not much good at it but it is boatloads of fun, aside from the weird spider thing that occasionally appears. The random elements to the game are pretty cool and it makes it a lot more replayable - definitely one of my favourite 7800 games. It feels a lot better to play than the 2600 version, at least to me.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Just picked up a mushihimesama from the PCB Club for $85. Gonna put some time in with it once I get it sandwiched in Plexi.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The first rule of PCB Club is you do not talk about PCB Club!

LOL. It's just a small group of guys who I've known for over a decade that pass around PCBs for what we paid. The name is strictly a joke, but we do have a hidden Facebook group to appear official. :keke:
To be honest, it was $85 and a box of snacks from this region. (Necco Wafers, Circus Peanuts, Moxie,ect). The good deal sometimes seems second to the goodie box.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Fired up Out Zone PCB tonight made a few runs going for the 1CC. This game is so fucking badass, beautiful game.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah? I heard that one wasnt quite as good as the SEGA CD version. Dont remember what the differences were supposed to be though

The turbo version is the what the game was originally on, I didn't care for the sound effects on the Sega CD version. It really just boils down to preference. The Sega CD version is easier as well. Oh, and when you get hit on the Sega CD version you have this little pose he does. PCE version you can take massive damage fairly quickly.