Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nexzr on the RomRom. Challenging in a quirky way: the mid-bosses are tougher than the end-ones. Suicide bullets are present from scratch. Minimalism rules, as there's a magic attachment to the number "1"... only one button in use, only one-hit shields available and only one sub-weapon that's really worth it (side missiles). The coolest thing so far is the way your ship goes down. It happens in such a tacit way, almost mute, you'll end up unaware of being dead, still convulsively twitching on your d-pad. A wistful swan song to all Soldiers...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So after like a couple of days, my Storm Blade took a dump, had to find another mobo for it, came in today and got the game back up running. First credit was a clear. Really need to knock out a 2-all on this game.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
this morning was the first time i finished blazing star. it has one of the creepiest end bosses ever. really enjoyed it.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Grinding out Futari. Everything is smooth until I hit stage 3. The swarms and the pill bugs get me every time.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I played a little bit of Image Fight on my new SSDS3. Cool game. As would probably me expected since it's an Irem release, the game reminds me of a vertical version of R-Type.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I’ve been playing Prehistoric Isle 2 on the Neo and Dariusburst CS on PS4. Caladrius Blaze showed up earlier this week but I haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

this morning was the first time i finished blazing star. it has one of the creepiest end bosses ever. really enjoyed it.

Yeah, it’s pretty weird isn’t it... I still find it quite freaky. Not that I actually make it to the last boss on a regular basis.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
:rolleyes: i've never reached that far or gave much attention to blazing star since the early 00's. this is all new to me.

Nah, that's ok. I didn't know about ASO II's last boss and his big baby head change either. Scared the shit out of me, when it finally happened on a playthrough.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Thinking about picking up Resogun on the Vita. Hear it suffers from frame rate issues.
For any of you that played it, does it make it non playable? Was there ever a physical copy made of this?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
(logged in from home terminal so i can add pictures.)
i know there was a specific subject for area 88 and carrier airwing, didn't bookmark it sadly, and i'm getting an admin warning in regards to using search function in or out of site. :spock:
in any event, i'll add the two game screencaps of the above.
used gamez-fan's final burn alpha emulator for xbox to snapshot. :D
one coined.
oh, not sure what the score is with attachments here.
pictures added to my account no sweat, just the place inline buttons and done at the lower of the upload gui do nothing my end.
previewed the post all the same, and appears to still show my side regardless of lack of tags specifying the image location, wanted to wrap em in collapse tags.
can't if i see nothing in text to wrap, sorry guys. :(
[edit]
next up is dimahoo. :p

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
:buttrock: Best shooter that only the most dedicated players bother with.

The item system is completely baffling at first, but the games grows on you with time no doubt.

Chem, we missed seeing your score during the Dimahoo SOTM back in Sept

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:glee:
one coined dimahoo.
caveat is i set difficulty to 03/08, couldn't do it on a single coin otherwise.
next is armed (sadist fucker) police batrider, that has a sweet soundtrack to boot.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just knocked out a no miss on Esplgaluda, pretty happy with it.

01b6acf17bd83f6e0fc133abb2ac65b9.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Bravo Panda!

I got to stage 5 in Tatsujin-ou, :vik: that's where the game starts feeling a little BS :loco:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
(logged in from home terminal so i can add pictures.)
i know there was a specific subject for area 88 and carrier airwing, didn't bookmark it sadly, and i'm getting an admin warning in regards to using search function in or out of site. :spock:
in any event, i'll add the two game screencaps of the above.
used gamez-fan's final burn alpha emulator for xbox to snapshot. :D
one coined.
oh, not sure what the score is with attachments here.
pictures added to my account no sweat, just the place inline buttons and done at the lower of the upload gui do nothing my end.
previewed the post all the same, and appears to still show my side regardless of lack of tags specifying the image location, wanted to wrap em in collapse tags.
can't if i see nothing in text to wrap, sorry guys. :(

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274176-SOTM-March-2018-U-N-Squadron-Area-88

Great game. Received Carrier Air Wing the other day so I'll jump on that soon.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
thanks a lot @ pretty amy, bookmarked. :D
right, it's not happening, and not got the patience to keep practicing.
got tuned up on batrider and gunnail. (massive appreciation to J-P for mentioning gunnail in chat.)
set batrider to four lives for the full stack of characters, no other settings altered.
playing thundercross 1 and 2 next.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
thanks a lot @ pretty amy, bookmarked. :D
right, it's not happening, and not got the patience to keep practicing.
got tuned up on batrider and gunnail. (massive appreciation to J-P for mentioning gunnail in chat.)
set batrider to four lives for the full stack of characters, no other settings altered.
playing thundercross 1 and 2 next.

why. do you use strange settings
on arcade shooting games and
not play on defaults?