Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
This game is crazy fun.

More Espgaluda on the PS2

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Damnit, I confirmed an order for Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou with Coinopexpress and now they are trying to raise the price on me after I've already confirmed the order. This sucks so much. Hopefully I will be able to talk them into honoring their original price. Damnit, I want to play this game.

As for games I've played today, there are none...too much work/school right now. If I could play a shooter right now though, it would be ESP rade.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
68k said:
I want this for the PS2 :(

It's okay but from what I've heard if you've played the PCB it's really a lousy port.
But beggars can't be chosers and I enjoy it none the less.

20 Year Member
Terry330 said:
It's okay but from what I've heard if you've played the PCB it's really a lousy port.
But beggars can't be chosers and I enjoy it none the less.

Lucky!

Last edited:

Martinov

Geese's Thug
I finally marked off the final item on my priority shmup shopping list when Mars Matrix dropped through my letterbox today. Won't have to put up with playing teh rom on laggy old Mame any more! There are still one or two other shmups I'm interested in, like DDP DOJ, but I now own all the main games I wanted. Life is good. Now, I just need to find the time to play these games. :annoyed:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
PCE - Kyuukyoku Tiger

Saturn - Kyuukyoku Tiger II Plus

DC - Under Defeat

Damnn.. I like blowing shit up with helicopters.

20 Year Member
Espgaluda on the PS2... again

And some Blazing Star.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Ibara! Going to get the Dreamcast out for some Ikaruga. :)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Pink Sweets
Ketsui
Progear
Strikers 1999

Trigger Heart
Under Defeat

bay

Armored Scrum Object
ibara kuro, mainly to see if i could get any glitches to surface again.

i'll probably goto normal ibara tomorrow, i suck at this game.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
My cabs are sorely neglected right now.

I played some Grind Stormer on Genesis to quench my Toaplan thirst. And some Dimahoo on the PSP.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
Pink Sweets
Ketsui
Progear
Strikers 1999

Trigger Heart
Under Defeat

What's your opinion on Pink Sweets? At first, the game looked really... corny, but after watching a video of the game in action, it doesn't look too bad.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Piratero said:
What's your opinion on Pink Sweets? At first, the game looked really... corny, but after watching a video of the game in action, it doesn't look too bad.

I really like it a lot. I dont really like Ibara that much so when Sorekara was announced I thought it would be crap especially since it featured the girls but I played it and was very suprised as it is not like Ibara at all. Its fun to play (which some new shooters have been lacking) and I really dig the 50's style art deco robots that the bosses have.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Man I can't wait to get home and get down on some ESPRaDe. I just bought Brave Blade on Ebay today, it will be shipped out saturday :glee: I should have Dreamcast running in my JAMMA cabs on Saturday too, I can hardly wait. I've got quite a bit of shooting ahead of me. Just have to snatch me up a Batrider and it'll be all golden.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Still busy with Triggerheart, nice game. I wonder how accurate the port is since I know that I will never get the chance to play the real thing.

Also played Last Hope for another two hours... guess I will sell my DC copy soon, there are some horis I still haven't played yet and I don't want to waste anymore time with this half-assed game.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Takumaji said:
Also played Last Hope for another two hours... guess I will sell my DC copy soon, there are some horis I still haven't played yet and I don't want to waste anymore time with this half-assed game.

yap...not my cup of tea too.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
At the moment its Cave addiction....i keep rotating these pcb's!!:D
Guwange
Donpachi
Pink sweets
Mushi 1.5

20 Year Member
Takumaji said:

Fakk2 sent me some video of the AES version a while back, and from what I saw of the game it wasn't really impressing me.

I assume the DC version is mundane as well...

On topic, I actually didn't have a chance to play anything yesterday :gasp:, but i'll probably hit up some DDP tonight.

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
68k said:
Fakk2 sent me some video of the AES version a while back, and from what I saw of the game it wasn't really impressing me.

I assume the DC version is mundane as well...

On topic, I actually didn't have a chance to play anything yesterday :gasp:, but i'll probably hit up some DDP tonight.

Don't even bother unless you are a HUGE fan of Last Resort/R-Type...since it is basically a slowed down clone of those two games.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
alec said:
Man I can't wait to get home and get down on some ESPRaDe. I just bought Brave Blade on Ebay today, it will be shipped out saturday :glee: I should have Dreamcast running in my JAMMA cabs on Saturday too, I can hardly wait. I've got quite a bit of shooting ahead of me. Just have to snatch me up a Batrider and it'll be all golden.

I tried Batrider a few days ago. I seriously can't tell the difference between my bullets and the enemies' bullets.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Batrider is the best shooter on the face of the planet. Play it a little bit more and the bullets wont be a problem. I used to have a hard time seeing the small blue lasers but since I've played the game to death I have no problems now.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Kiel said:
Batrider is the best shooter on the face of the planet. Play it a little bit more and the bullets wont be a problem. I used to have a hard time seeing the small blue lasers but since I've played the game to death I have no problems now.

I too pray at the altar of Batrider. These words are true!

Played last night...MAN I am out of practice....thats what a girlfriend will do to you. :oh_no: