Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That style of power up system always frustrates me - similar to TwinBee with the bells. Been playing a bit of 1943 kai as well in my PCE GT, but I think I'm going to need a proper sized screen to make any progress.

Yeah I can beat the OG stages w/o dying but when you get the power up for the new stages its chaos to say the least. I fucking fumble ass around trying to shoot the right icon I want. I'm guessing the laser is the most powerful in the game and its a bitch to shoot enough times w/o the enemy planes slamming into me lol. On the arcade port the powered up shotgun owns this game big time. The way this game is programmed all other weapons seem to be shit weak except the laser which is stupid imo. I guess I need to roll the sleeve's up for this one.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
slowly learning battle garegga via the recent release of the ps4 version.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I did a couple of plays of arrange on BG the first night. It plays what I would consider a black label of sorts.
Made it to the airport boss on my first play due to the amount of extends they throw all over the place.

b18d5b718f2270f723f0dca7cbbcef5b.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Japanese remaster of X2 on the PS1. Excellent game, easily better than anything the DEV's made so far -- and I usually detest eurotrash STGs. With enormous loading times, that'll make Neo-CD owners feel right at home and a classy & violent euro-dance ost, that relives the 90's in a sledgehammer fashion. Recommended!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Got a good deal on a Mushihimesama Futari ver1.5 PCB so my kids and I have been playing that for the last couple of days. We have Bug Princess on my Wife's iPad so the kids were very excited for this PCB to arrive.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Recently pulled a 40" professional monitor from a pawn shop for 50$....NEC LCD4000....sitting in Tate on my desk as we speak, getting some Futari, DDPDFK, and Ikaruga love....need to wire over my PC to it as well for Mushi 1.

Also got my Darksoft CPS2 up finally, so the Super Neo is bouncing between Dimahoo and 19XX.

"That style of power up system always frustrates me - similar to TwinBee with the bells. Been playing a bit of 1943 kai as well in my PCE GT, but I think I'm going to need a proper sized screen to make any progress." - egg_sanwich

Detana Twinbee is an absolute bear...cute...but totally demanding. I am working on it slowly but surely though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm finally getting the hang of undeadline on the md.

My run ended at the "drain" which was the 5th stage I chose.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I was helping my dad clean his garage yesterday and I found Whip Rush for the Genesis.
I cleaned it up, and gave it a go.

Fun game.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Thunder Spirits on Super Famicom. Actually I found out my brain is too slow to dodge the bullets. Better get a new brain.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
will do. Is it easier ? Thunder Spirits on SFC has no level adjustment, maybe Saturn Version has

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Magfest made me reignited my interest in futari. Was my first time playing the black label version. Been grinding at home for the past week or so. Beat the stage 3 boss for the first time cruised through stage 4 and went down in flames just a smidge before the boss. My score laughing at me just 800k shy of the second extend.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
will do. Is it easier ? Thunder Spirits on SFC has no level adjustment, maybe Saturn Version has

On the whole, no, nothing beats the ease of the SFC version, yet, there's the "kids mode" on the Saturn, which "preserves all your weapons and power-ups upon death and resumes the next life with a 1-hit (red) shield". Your Durchlaucht should be pleased ;).

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
that pleases me much, my young apprentice. Okay, so I will get the Saturn Version and my brain will be satisfied

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object

Actually Thunder Spirits does have difficulty selection (or are you talking about stage selection?). It's just hidden, you have to press select + start at the title screen and it will bring up a menu that lets you set the difficulty and add autofire, etc.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
that pleases me much, my young apprentice. Okay, so I will get the Saturn Version and my brain will be satisfied

Just play the MAME version, the Saturn version sucks and they fucked with a whole bunch of things needlessly and the audio is horrible. It's also expensive.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Actually Thunder Spirits does have difficulty selection (or are you talking about stage selection?). It's just hidden, you have to press select + start at the title screen and it will bring up a menu that lets you set the difficulty and add autofire, etc.
thats nice ! Will try it later at home, thanks !

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Arrow Flash

for years ive been looking for shmup where you can transform from plane to mech just like Macross on SNES and SATURN

DAMMIT why am i just now discovering this awesome game :)

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Good God... so you actually played it without auto-fire?? Chapeau!
yes, actually I did and it was a pain in the ass. But now - with this select/start hint - I am aible to drink coffee while controlling my love gun through the force fields of the galaxy. And I was able to reach level 3 without continues, I am so proud ;)