Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Visiting some friends in Osaka, had a few chances to pop into the Taito Space Station in Nipponbashi for a few rounds of Mushi Futari. They have it set to 10¥ play, so can't complain there. Never played it before, but really enjoying it once I had a chance to read a strategy guide and figure out the scoring system. Brought in a few beers from the conbini, it was a good time.
b303d335e2b239b46c6317a2b296be8e.jpg

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Visiting some friends in Osaka, had a few chances to pop into the Taito Space Station in Nipponbashi for a few rounds of Mushi Futari. They have it set to 10¥ play, so can't complain there. Never played it before, but really enjoying it once I had a chance to read a strategy guide and figure out the scoring system. Brought in a few beers from the conbini, it was a good time.
b303d335e2b239b46c6317a2b296be8e.jpg

Sounds like a great time, especially since you're able to grab drinks also. Looks like they have stools at every game? Fuck, I wish I had that on Friday at Galloping Ghost. 6 hours there plus a zoo trip earlier in the day, then Shedd aquarium and Planetarium yesterday. Now I'm standing in line at Six Flags right now. My hips are fucking killing me and I'm only 31. I think stools would have been a godsend for those 6 hours.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Been a while since I've been on the message boards, but recently went on a shooter binge and have been playing Gigawing and Ikaruga on Dreamcast and Akai Katana on Xbox 360 for the last few days.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Played some Cho Aniki for PCE this weekend. Got to the end boss, but stopped to watch the KOF XIV finals at SCR. Will pick it back up some time this week.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I'm calling this what shooter are you smashing with a hammer soon?

24e7c5bddd2d66341bf2750761037126.jpg

Bakraid is actually a fairly easy clear. It's once you start fucking with all the boss exploits and ranking strategies (aka chasing score) is when it gets super tough.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Bakraid is actually a fairly easy clear. It's once you start fucking with all the boss exploits and ranking strategies (aka chasing score) is when it gets super tough.

Oh I can clear Normal course almost with one life. I'm trying to tackle Advanced course now. Did make it to stage 7 Boss the other day.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Was playing RaDiant Silvergun on the Xbox yesterday for the first time taking it seriously and was enjoying it. Got up to the end of the 3rd stage and had to shut it off to go do something.

Will play again

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
20161118_221703-1.jpg
Vasara is pretty fucking fun. Let the screen fill with enemies, fly up the middle, and mass kill everything with a giant death-melee attack watching the combo counter soar. It's not a super hard game otherwise, so playing in a risky fashion is quite satisfying.

Made it to the TLB tonight. It had to have been the final pattern, there was nothing left but a bit of floating junk. But I didn't know the pattern and stumbled into a bad position. Ah well, as stated above this game is far more fun when played completely reckless.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Bought the whole Capcom Arcade Cabinet collection for $15 a few days ago. Been playing mostly Sidearms, 1942, 1943, and 1943 Kai.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Been putting in heavy time with Ketsui. Finally getting 1-all consistently, working towards 2nd loop now.

3c5ae57bce5caedc449289ad11f2c17e.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Cloud Master arcade, a tough cookie... better watch Mike Chen's hair, the cloud's all right, though.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I've been playing a bit of Guardian Storm lately. It's kinda interesting.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Guardian Storm the Afega game? Yes, interesting, reminds me of older Psikyo style.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Guardian Storm the Afega game? Yes, interesting, reminds me of older Psikyo style.

Yeah, I traded for it from another member here. It's been fun the last 2 weeks. I'm still messing with the different characters to see which style I like most.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Getting back into Death Smiles 2. I quite literally play this game around the holidays and thats it. Really wish they would have carried on with the series.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
1943 Kai PCE, man this game gets just crazy after your plane upgrade. I have a hard time with obtaining my powerups, trying to shoot them to the correct icon I want gets me shot and rammed a bunch.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
1943 Kai PCE, man this game gets just crazy after your plane upgrade. I have a hard time with obtaining my powerups, trying to shoot them to the correct icon I want gets me shot and rammed a bunch.

That style of power up system always frustrates me - similar to TwinBee with the bells. Been playing a bit of 1943 kai as well in my PCE GT, but I think I'm going to need a proper sized screen to make any progress.