Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I remember the video, my question was if you were doing the trixies or going through it with sheer survival skills, I should have been clearer, no need to get sassy.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Daisenpu on the Mega Drive. Unfortunately the helper pattern doesn't work on the port as smooth as on the arcade original. There are at least two spots, where you'll have to go down and try another tactic. The FM-music is beyond excellent, one of my favorite OSTs out there. It has no drums, feels like mid nineties electronica and pours a ribald slew of minimalism in your ears. Ahead of time.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Mushi Futari BL Another Ver

Very easy for a Cave game. Currently at a 2cc, a sissy clear isn't too far off.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Back on the DoDonpachi train...so rusty, cannot even touch my previous average score...just need more time and dedication.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Getting my BOOMBA on! Not only a personal best, but now I've cleared with all 4 of Bond's ship types.

26168634386_e02eb67dc5_c.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love that CP, I have the same one. Something about 3 buttons, so sweet. Are you keeping the 2p CP so you can swap ships? Don't you usually have a 1p CP in there?

Chempop

It's my only Astro panel and it stays there. To swap ships I just plus the player harness into the 2nd player connector.
I have 4 different blast panels that get switched around from time to time 1L4f, 1L6, 2L6 (with the more curved 'LK, LP, MP' layout), and 2L12.
The panels have JLF, LS-32, LS56, and sanwa screw-ins or seimitsu snap ins depending on the panel and what I use it for.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool. I have an extra 2L6B CP that I would love to trade for a 2L8B CP instead of drilling. I don't even care if it's not an Astro CPO, as long as it's 4 buttons SNK style I'll be happy.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Been playing Caladrius, Deathsmiles and Futari, I'm trying like hell to get better at these games.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just got my PC Engine so I've been playing Dragon Spirit. It reminds me of Xevious, except with dragons.

Need to track down some more PC Engine shooters. Already have the US versions of Blazing Lasers and Galaga 90.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Been playing Caladrius, Deathsmiles and Futari, I'm trying like hell to get better at these games.

Deathsmiles is pretty easy. We had a thread with all kinds of good info in it. There's an easy way to milk for score and make a good route, check it out!

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Deathsmiles is pretty easy. We had a thread with all kinds of good info in it. There's an easy way to milk for score and make a good route, check it out!

I need to dig that up.

I made it to Jitterbug, I'm so close! Haha

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Just got my PC Engine so I've been playing Dragon Spirit. It reminds me of Xevious, except with dragons.

Need to track down some more PC Engine shooters. Already have the US versions of Blazing Lasers and Galaga 90.

You have to grab Soldier Blade...bought this on jpn release & was blown away...a great ending to the legendary series.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Been playing some Raiden Fighters Aces and some Mame Battle Garegga.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Currently playing Strikers 1945 Plus, I'm trying for a 2-ALL. As far as I know there hasn't been any clears of this game done outside of Japan (at least none are documented in everything I've seen), so I'd ideally like to be the first haha. The farthest I've reached is 2-5, but that was with 2 pathetic deaths in the first loop which really shouldn't have happened. I have the entire game memorized, so it's really just a matter of execution at this point.

Also working on Prehistoic Isle 2, which is a much easier game to clear, but I'd like to actually get a good score on that one.

Chempop

Keep it up pegboy, I know you can do it! You've done very impressive stuff with the other Strikers games, 2nd loop wrecks me in a hurry.

I'm mostly playing Ibara again, going for a B-million with Dyne, and still need to clear with 3 of his ship types.
Also dabbling with Muchi Muchi Pork on the side, haven't quite cleared the arcade 1.00 mode on the port.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Thanks Chem. I will flat out admit that there is no way in hell I could ever beat the second loop of a psikyo game without tons of save-state practice. I'm just not good enough to be able to pull that off. I'm not sure how anyone was ever able to clear them back in the day before save states, obviously these guys had unbelievable skills that I could never touch.

I do admire that you have beaten so many games without the aid of save states and I respect your stance against them. I used to follow the same guidelines but I just kind of got sucked into "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality and caved into using them like most people do. Even to this day I still have mad respect for people that don't use them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks Chem. I will flat out admit that there is no way in hell I could ever beat the second loop of a psikyo game without tons of save-state practice. I'm just not good enough to be able to pull that off. I'm not sure how anyone was ever able to clear them back in the day before save states, obviously these guys had unbelievable skills that I could never touch.

I do admire that you have beaten so many games without the aid of save states and I respect your stance against them. I used to follow the same guidelines but I just kind of got sucked into "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality and caved into using them like most people do. Even to this day I still have mad respect for people that don't use them.

I never even thought about using save states. Kinda is necessary with some of the games.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Cheapest one on ebay is $90 loose

Super Star Soldier is 90% as good IMO and way cheaper.

EDIT: just checked ebay. And scratch that. What the hell? Retro gaming's insanity just knows no bounds.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
playing musha and battle mania 2 for the megadrive/genesis. my favourite shooters of all time.