Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Nice sticks and octo-gates. I hope they are a decent height mounted in the Dynamo. I’d be curious to see a pic of them once you get them installed (with deathsmiles running too of course :buttrock: )

Got the adapter plates in the mail today. They turned out great. Here's some comparison shots...

Original Joystick:

New LS-56 Joystick:

New vs Original:

Plenty of knuckle clearance with the LS-56:

Comparison of the original mounting plate vs the adapter plate in case anyone is interested:

And the Deathsmiles money shot:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Nice.

Playing Andro right now. Runs take so long. Might pop something brutal in like Pink Sweets to break the monotany.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Did it. :multi_co:
15338776294_fd5d938b3d.jpg

NERDtendo, LS-56’s seem to fit great on that cab! Next up, sanwa buttons :drool:

Might pop something brutal in like Pink Sweets to break the monotany.

Surely this is sarcasm :loco:

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Did it. :multi_co:
15338776294_fd5d938b3d.jpg

NERDtendo, LS-56’s seem to fit great on that cab! Next up, sanwa buttons :drool:

Congrats!

Yeah, the joysticks worked out well. My first game testing them out I got 2million higher than my previous high score and I was just messing around. I was considering the new buttons, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be a fitting issue. I don't know how much of a difference there is in size between the sanwas and the ones on my cp.

I've been enjoying some Soldier Blade and Raiden on my PC-Engine. Shmups can be crazy difficult but are so worth it.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
So close to the 1cc of Deathsmiles! A few more seconds and I would have had it!

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
played a LOT of Raiden IV on the 360 over the weekend, damn it gets intense... only got to 2-1, will keep trying :D

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rosa is kinda slow, but her speed feels almost equal whether you're doing a hold or tap shot. Makes it easier to cope with all situations instead of having a shock of movement rate when you have to switch over to smash up something with the opposite shot. She's just wicked strong, too. Melts everything.

Here's a pic of my 92m from a little while ago. I need to jump back on and see if I can 1cc it with 100m+.

PC030294_zps569658eb.jpg

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I picked up a PS3 earlier this year and finally got a copy of Ketsui. Man, I'm really enjoying it. I had high expectations from Cave, and I'm glad to say they still haven't disappointed me when it comes to seeing if importing their stuff has been worth it.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Just got an Omega Fighter PCB while back home for Chrimbus. Played it today and it's a lot of fun. Very cool and intersting scoring sytem for a game its age.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Just got the All on my Mushi board!!!
20141227_145755_zpsr90l7hbg.jpg

Got it by the skin of my teeth, not even my best score see below:
20141029_233437_zps61xtp7l9.jpg
After not clearing the game on this run I had to lie down with my legs elevated and have a couple of aspirin.

Chempop

I’m getting close to the letter score in batrider advance. Attempts when I it 8-9 mil I end up choking late game in z.city or trying to milk grubby. Going back and forth between solo car-pet and a team to keep things interesting. The low score clear with shorty was a lot easier than this high score suicide insanity.

edit: DID IT

15937685090_cfd1c20a2b.jpg

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Holy shit! Nice work Chem!! That's a cool screen to leave off on to boot. Did you do it with the team, or Car Pet?

Chempop

THANKS man :multi_co:
It was solo car-pet start type (weak shot, weak options, fast speed).
It was unfortunate that the 10.5 mil extend never got a chance to drop, otherwise I’d have gotten to the 2nd Discharge form for sure. Still really happy with this score, I think I’ll play with a team for a while and trigger more bosses.

DeusVult

Another Striker
being playing gynoug/wings of wor on the genesis.

really like the soundtrack on this one

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Wanted to try out Crisis Force for the famicom before shelling out $50+ for it, so I booted it up on the Everdrive.

Holy shit what an amazing game. Transforming ship, great music, boss fights, classic Konami sound effects.

Hard to believe this is running on an 8-bit system. Konami really was the shit during the NES era (and SNES).

Anyone else try it out?

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
South Park 360. Highly recommended if you're a fan of the show. It's definitely twisted.

Think FF8 but less gay, even though you spend a level in a gay man's ass.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
South Park 360. Highly recommended if you're a fan of the show. It's definitely twisted.

Think FF8 but less gay, even though you spend a level in a gay man's ass.

Uhhhh. That's not a shmup.