Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
It's $30!!!! Hopefully we see a sale on this. I might have to bite on this by Xmas otherwise.

3DS Steel Empire is great. Probably a bit overpriced at $30 but I'm happy with the purchase. Nice to have a fun and great looking shooter on the handheld I carry most.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
3DS Steel Empire is great. Probably a bit overpriced at $30 but I'm happy with the purchase. Nice to have a fun and great looking shooter on the handheld I carry most.

I've been on my 3DS a lot lately playing Demon King Box and just purchased Brain Age: Concentration... I might have to bite on Steel Empire even at full price. It's not bad though after using gamestop coupons to buy eShop credit.

Just picked up Sturmwind on Dreamcast. Honestly, it is amazing. Feels like a DC game and has some really modern game play ideas. The art is amazingly detailed, like Metal Slug detailed. Although not cartoony.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have been playing Lightning Force for the Genesis. Man, this game is super fun with awesome parallax scrolling and speed. Also it is made by the same company that made one of my favorite RTS's Herzog Zwei!

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Recently picked up an R Type Leo pcb, so I've begun playing that and my Pink Sweets pcb lately. Both very fun games, but challenging.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Pink Sweets, challenging? :lol: Good luck with that, I hope you got the ver with infinite lives glitch.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Yeah, I sold the board about 5 years ago. I bought it again recently. I know what it's like.

Last edited:
Hi guys new to the forums! I have been playing Spriggan on the PC Engine CD and DoDonPachi and Strikers 1945 II on the Saturn. Love shmups even though I'm terrible at most of them.

Chempop

Hey BlueBooster, welcome. Great selection you got there, PCE and Saturn are fantastic consoles for shooters. Don’t worry about your skill, if you like the genre enough and stick with it, you will steadily improve. We all gotta start somewhere.

cutjules

n00b
I'm planning to play Thunder Force 3 (megadrive/genesis), I completed it in the past and I still love its soundtrack. I've found a little rom on the web because MD system are a bit expensive now. I've few regrets selling it many years ago to afford a Super Famicom...

Yeah I love my PCE and Saturn. Fantastic systems and I'll stick with this genre because while frustrating sometimes it's just plain fun and I just find myself coming back to shmups especially if I want something quick to play. Thanks for the welcome!

If you want to try some other good megadrive shmups cutjules might I suggest MUSHA or Truxton? Fun games. I also sold my Genesis years ago and just got another one recently prices on games have indeed gone up wish I never basically just gave away my collection when I was younger.

I picked up Blazing Star a week ago and haven't stopped playing it. Although, Ikaruga hasn't left my GameCube for years.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Playing R-Type 1 on the TG16, and Super R-Type on the SNES.

Getting pretty good at them, got further in R-Type than I ever have and dear lord that game becomes difficult.

Jreach

n00b
Hi everyone,

New to the board. Just beat Soukyugurentai (Terra Driver) saturn. Now turning my attention to Galactic Attack, been sitting on it a while and never beat it.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Hi everyone,

New to the board. Just beat Soukyugurentai (Terra Driver) saturn. Now turning my attention to Galactic Attack, been sitting on it a while and never beat it.

Terra Diver, great game, super gameplay ! Always love to play this game :)

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Splashed some cash on Ketsui Death Label which I'm enjoying a lot.

Mostly Crimzon Clover WI though.. Wonderful game.

Just picked up Deathsmiles for the 360 and i'm liking it quite a lot. Dunno why I never bought it earlier it's a pretty fun game.

Chempop

Hi everyone,

Souky 1 credit complete??? Daaaamn. Those are both two of my favorite saturn games, you should try and hunt down Battle Garegga which is #1 :vik:

Just a little Batrider and SDOJ on my plate, though I haven’t played anything since thursday.

Jreach

n00b
Souky 1 credit complete??? Daaaamn. Those are both two of my favorite saturn games, you should try and hunt down Battle Garegga which is #1 :vik:

Just a little Batrider and SDOJ on my plate, though I haven’t played anything since thursday.

Haha no way I took that down with 1 credit, I was playing default settings. Hopefully I will find someone selling a Battle Garegga for a reasonable price over the next few months. I also want to pick up a strikers 1945.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Finally got to play Guardian Force on the ST-V. Seems the same as my Saturn version, although I'm doing much better on this version (probably because I'm paying closer attention then I did ten years ago). Finally made it to Stage C (fourth level).

Nothing makes me say FUCK YEAH like slicing the top off a giant tank with a whirling death buzzsaw, then watching the crew run away on fire. Fuck yeah!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Playing Progear. Made it to stage 5 without too much bother. My skillz look to be improving...