Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Played TSS for the first time the other day. After a couple hours I was pretty bored with it. I guess most of the charm of the game must be in 2P versus mode

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I just started playing Space Mega Force for the first time on the SNES. That game was so ahead of it's time graphically with the mode 7 second stage and I never heard of it back in the day. This is what Alpha Mission 2 should of been on the Neo Geo.

DeusVult

Another Striker
played sol feace and slipheed on sega cd for the first time, sol feace seems good, slipheed seems okay also but seemed to crash a couple of times, hope it just needs a clean

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
played sol feace and slipheed on sega cd for the first time, sol feace seems good, slipheed seems okay also but seemed to crash a couple of times, hope it just needs a clean

When you say Silpheed crashes, do you mean it locks up and goes back to the title screen? I have had that game since it was first released and have it randomly crash at different parts of the game. When it restarts I notice it gives you two extra credits on the continue screen. It's like they knew it was going to crash and made amends for it.

DeusVult

Another Striker
When you say Silpheed crashes, do you mean it locks up and goes back to the title screen? I have had that game since it was first released and have it randomly crash at different parts of the game. When it restarts I notice it gives you two extra credits on the continue screen. It's like they knew it was going to crash and made amends for it.

yes, just locks up and then goes to a start/continue screen

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Recently, I've been having an absolute blast with Radiant Silvergun for the Microsoft XBOX 360. It's just an amazingly polished vertical shooter. Plus, it's made by Treasure: a company that can practically do no wrong in my book. :cool:

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
yes, just locks up and then goes to a start/continue screen

Trust me, there's nothing wrong with the disc. I have 2 copies, one JP and one US and they both do it it from time to time. I'm sure it's a problem with an address call they used in the code. Hence why you get extra continues when it crashes.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Trust me, there's nothing wrong with the disc. I have 2 copies, one JP and one US and they both do it it from time to time. I'm sure it's a problem with an address call they used in the code. Hence why you get extra continues when it crashes.

thanks, at least I know my game is not broken now.. very annoying as I got to stage 2 and it crashed during the cut scene and put me back to stage one. shame it does this as it seems like an okay game so far

areyoulost

n00b
Been playing alot of "Empire of Steel" for the genesis / megadrive.. not the best shooter or a any real score game,but it has alot of personality imo, which makes it very enjoyable for just some casual shmuping

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Been playing alot of "Empire of Steel" for the genesis / megadrive.. not the best shooter or a any real score game,but it has alot of personality imo, which makes it very enjoyable for just some casual shmuping

I agree! The JPN boxart is amazing (too bad I have the US ver).

MD-Steel-Empire.jpg

Also got a 3DS release I guess, Cool!

630x.jpg

areyoulost

n00b
I agree! The JPN boxart is amazing (too bad I have the US ver).

Also got a 3DS release I guess, Cool!

Agree, the cover art looks like a Moebius piece, very stylish.. shame its about 10 times more then the price for a US or PAL copy.. didnt know about the 3DS version, cheers very cool, have to check that out

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Working hard on a Mushihimesama Original clear. Yesterday I got the extend on level 3 without dying which I was very pleased about and got through the water worms on level 4 without dying which was really lucky as well. Now I need to incorporate all these routes and stop chump dying on the non difficult sections.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I have actually wondered if Moebius IS the artist! He did the Panzer Dragoon japanese box art.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was rom whoring this weekend with the recent MAME cave releases. So awesome! I have most of the PCBs and yet I find it so awesome to emulate the roms, clean VGA, clean LCD, I'm a fan of both formats so fuck the haters.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I never got the SH3 ones running smoothly enough so I gave up some time ago, my Q6600 cpu is to weak probably :mad:
That leaves me with the boards which is no punishment of course, still would be nice to play short bursts on my PC in tate and use save states for practice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes! I don't think anybody has...I should follow, my PCB is in need of dusting.